October 24, 2014 | 1395 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Hullah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this mask many times now, because it makes my skin look very healthy and hydrated. It lasts me for about 7 masks, which makes the price fair. The only thing I don't like is the seaweed, the chunks are too big and I had a hard time putting it on my face the first couple of times.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Lurid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I until recently overlooked seaweed, and never considered adding products containing it to my regimen. But I learned more about it recently, and now it is something I want in most, if not all of the products I use, as seaweed is softening, soothing, and brimming with minerals, and this mask has been proof of how beneficial marine plants are for health.

This mask is gentle, cooling, soothing and refreshing. It leaves my skin soft, with reduced redness and a nice glow. I love it and I think it will be a new staple of mine.

I use it two to three times a week usually (more if my skin is especially dry). I find the smell to be light and refreshing. I've even used it a couple days in a row, just because it feels so good on my face!

I agree with other reviewers that the chunks of seaweed are messy and unnecessary (I do worry about them clogging the sink), and would rather see them chopped very finely and integrated seamlessly with the rest of the ingredients. But, I can live gladly with the mask as it is. The benefits are great.

I find that this mask will last longer than the three week shelf life indicated on the bottom of the container. Many of Lush's face masks will, I just check for any changes in appearance or smell that would indicate spoilage. If anything, the ingredients may lose a bit of their effectiveness, but I haven't really noticed this personally. I have another Lush mask called Brazened Honey that has lasted me a couple months. I think it depends on the ingredients the mask contains (honey for example has natural antibacterial qualities), and I also always wash my hands before dipping into the container.

All in all, Lush's face masks are incredibly high quality and well worth the price. If BB Seaweed doesn't do it for you, I'm confident that you will find another that you'll really enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by saffronbaby

This product is perfect for when you're skin just isn't behaving itself! it feels so calming, fresh and soothing, I love it! I have dry/ combination skin and am a natural redhead/ strawberry blonde so am prone to redness. This mask sorts my redness out a treat soothing it with its rosewater and seaweed (and other good stuff too!). not drying at all but feels very very fresh and reduces shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by helenastout93

i LOVE this mask, i have incredibly fair skin but suffer badly with redness, i use this mask, as a mask, once a week, but i use a tiny bit each night just for a few minutes while i'm in the shower, and within a week i noticed a considerable difference with the redness of my skin, i'm from the UK and Lush seems much cheaper here than the US, yes know its different currency but still, I've been using this mask for 3 months now and have only used 2 of the smaller sized tubs, LOVE BB SEAWEED!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

i love lush's face masks and bb seaweed is another good one. people need to realize that yes lush's masks may be $10 or whatever, but they are of the highest quality ingredients, so much so that they need to be refridgerated and expire quickly. and also that every batch is different (which i learned the hard way). ive had some trouble with bb seaweed smelling a little too ocean-y and fishy, which is nasty. but most of the time it smells healthy and natural and goes on great and washes off my skin to a more radiant face.
i also am a fan of the packaging in the pot. you can dig out all the mask and return the pots to get a free mask. and if youre worried about being hygenic just dont be lazy and wash your hands before you dip your fingers in, duh.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not my favorite. I didn't really see much benefit from this mask. It didn't help or harm.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 5:26:00 AM More reviews by smileandshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mask. It makes my skin refreshed, clean and fresh after a hot, humid day in Sydney. Although I love the natural ingredients, clean feeling it gives after using it. I will not be buying it again purely for economical reasons. The mask only lasts around 1 month. I couldn't finish it in a month as I got sick of applying the same mask 2-3 times a week for two weeks straight. I like variety. I usually use cloth masks, mint julep masks, yoghurt and a clinique facial masque on rotation.

I highly recommend it if you have two people (a sister/flatmate/mum) because you will definitely finish this in a month. As I don't have anyone to use this with, I won't be buying as it is too expensive for 2 weeks worth of intense mask-ing.

NB: I am in Sydney so the price is 15.95. I just realised it is half price in Canada! Lucky. I will be stocking up when I head over there in Christmas for sure!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to buy Love Lettuce but lately wanted to try something new, that would help more with redness. At the Lush store, I was told that Seaweed mask is pretty similar to Love Lettuce but will also help me with redness. So I bought it - CAD 7.95. The smell is not the greatest but it is really easy to apply it (except the bigger pieces of seaweed that might fell off) and its seems pretty moisturizing (while on). Do not leave it for more than 15 minutes, it will dry out too much. Its easy to wash this mask (unlike other masks I have tried) and my skin feels so smooth and nice afterwards, also the redness was almost gone! Right now, I am switching from Love Lettuce to this one. Do not forget to moisturize after this mask, if your face is dry.
Best part, it did not break me out as Cosmetic Catastrophe did.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by shirininx

My skin: combination, oily t-zone, dry in winter, Asian

I try staying away from LUSH as much as I can after the horrid experiences each time (each time!) I don't.

The other day I read on a blog (there's always a blog!) that their Sweet Lip lip scrub works a wonder. So I went in to get it. Naturally, I tried some other products and took home this one.

I applied a thick layer after shower and gently-as gentle as this stuff allows you-scrubbed away. It broke me out the next day!

Seriously. LUSH? Never again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mudfish_qx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at the Lush store, it being my first Lush sample of anything.

Since I knew I was going there, I did a quick search on MUA to see which masks got good ratings and this one was one of them.

Think of this as putting cold, whipped, and thick spinach dip on your face (only the 'spinach' and 'bits are seaweed and herbs). The mask is very hard to spread on your face. It's easier to use your fingertips than your palms. Directions say you have to sit for 10 minutes. I suggest you watch the clock because this product does not dry completely into a crackly mess.

Initially, it made no difference to my skin. I actually have pretty good skin that only needs brightning improvement. However, being in my late 20s I can actually discern the condition of my skin in the mornings.

This morning, after getting only 5 hours of sleep my skin looked amazing. I didn't even owe it to my mask - I just happened to notice. In the shower, I realized it was this mask.

Since I am a proud owner of many sheet masks and yogurts that are to be used on my face, I will purchase this when I actually will NEED a new mask.