The Body Shop Shimmer Waves in Blush

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/19/2007 2:58:00 AM

If you are planning to use it as a blush, don't bother. It really IS meant only for highlighting. The darker pink tones on the pallet may look dark, but it is hardly noticeable when applied. I pretty much only use the white part to highlight my eyes. Also, if you have oily skin, this might actually just make you look more oily than to have the glowing affect. In my opinion, I think I can find better highlighters out there.
Staying power= pretty good
Quality= very densely compressed powder; it's going to be a long while before use it up

on 7/5/2007 9:26:00 AM

This is a knock-off of BB's Pink Shimmerbrick. THe only difference is that this is more silvery.

Initially I found it a little too metalic for my NC 42, tan olive asian skin. But I picked it up randomly one day and fell in love.

This is very good for a quick 5-minute routine. I use it the same way you would use a MSF or smth. 1) With a smallish face brush, I sweep the bottom 3 lighter shades over my lids/brow bone. 2) Then the darker 3 redder shades on the top of my cheekbones. 3) Then slightly sweep some of the silvery shades again on the bridge of my nose and above my brows. 4) complete with some lipgloss and eyeliner and I'm good to go!

When used in moderation, this gives me a dewy and fresh look. It brightens up my 'black' face nicely for a nude/makeup-less look. I have to blot my face in the middle of the day otherwise the shine plus oil is just - overkill!!

A good product to bring to the gym or traveling. However, the 'strips' keep popping out on mine. I have to manually place the lines of powder back. I wonder if anyone else has this problem and a solution to it. I'm thinking maybe pressing it back like you would a pigment.. but I've never tried that and dont wanna risk it. Taking a lippie off for the less than average packaging on mine.. other that, its a very versatile product.

EDIT: I recently rediscovered this. I now store this product with a folded piece of tissue stuffed in the lid to prevent the powder strips from sliding around. It is a very natural pink for me. I use it daily because I am often in a hurry in the mornings and have no time for precise application. It adds a hint of healthy colour to my cheeks. I sweep my MAC blush brush on the top four pink colours, avoiding the silver) and apply it on my cheeks and temples. Fuss free. Aside from the packaging, I'm recommeding this!!

I have the bronze one too. But I cant open the stupid clasp so its still brand new. I doubt it will work as well as the pink one though. continued >>

on 5/31/2007 3:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is beautiful, I love that it has a shimmer, but it's not OTT. My skin always looks nice and glowy when I wear this. I have very pale skin and don't like to use bronzers, so this is a great alternative. The lightest colours work really nicely as an illuminator for under the eye area. Will definitely repurchase, although it seems to be lasting forever!

on 4/18/2007 7:13:00 AM

This gives a gorgeously sheer-pinky pearly glow to my NC25 skin! I've tested Clinique's Fresh Blooms and I have to admit, whilst I was tempted to buy those I love TBS's much more. There are 4 colours ranging from medium rosey-pink through to sheer opalescent white. You can blend the warmer colours as a blush, or the lighter shades as a highlighter. The clear plastic case is ok in itself as you can see the product clearly (as with Clinique's), but it's just so difficult to open - if you have long nails you better be careful! I would love to repurchase this if I run out, but I'm hesitating as I'm not sure about the compact.

on 12/22/2006 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've steered clear of BB Shimmerbricks ever since I saw my cousin use it and look like she got hit by the glitter fairy. Then I read the reviews on the Shimmer Waves and saw this on sale at 40% off so at SGD20.90 (about US$13), so decided, why not? At that price, it's a great buy. Since I don't use it as blush, only as an e/s wash, I'm not sure I would pay full price for it. As everyone says, the shimmer is subtle - gives a nice gleam and the colour is what I'm looking for in a wash - a pink tint that's not too deep or light. Reminds me of my Mac Porcelain Pink MSF, but at a fraction of the price. Great product!

on 9/24/2006 6:13:00 PM

I like it, although you must be careful not to overapply. I usually swipe it over blush. It works as an e/s too, but I`m not a fan of pink eyeshadow. The amount you get for money is generous and it keeps the "wavey" apperance (other products you swirl may look messy after a while). Overall, a good buy!

I bought this product about a year ago and still is awesome. My face is REALLY pale--to the point where I almost have to shop in the Goth makeup department--and this gives my cheeks a natural, lovely glow and tint. I found that if I hold the bristles near the top and then swirl on the pallete, I get more color for more defined work. This is my Holy Grail of blushes and highlighters too!

The only downfall of this product is the packaging. Not too long after I bought it, on side of the hinges broke then about a month later the other side did as well. So now the lid is separate. Not a big deal, but just a little bothersome. Definately repurchasing when I run out.

on 8/14/2006 5:18:00 PM

This is gorgeous and gives me such a nice glow. There's basically no colour payoff but that's just fine by me because it gives me such a pretty shimmer, but no over the top. I'd definitely buy this again but I think the one I have will last me a very long time!

on 7/30/2006 1:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this shimmer wave in Peach too, just love this product so much. As I said in the shimmer wave in Peach review, the shimmery effect is great, but the color doesn't really stand out. So I normally put on rose color blush before applying this shimmer wave in Rose. And it will give you a sheen and shimmery look. Very nice!

on 6/16/2006 6:14:00 PM

I'm a big fan of products that give a subtle glow to my face and I absolutely adore Shimmer Waves in Rose. This compact consists of very subtle and natural looking colors that can be used to highlight the entire face, as a blush, over matte blush or as an eyeshadow. This product is of high quality, very well-pressed (press your thumb into the compact and it doesn't leave a print) and can compete with any HE shimmer product on the market.

All in all Shimmer Waves is a very versatile product that doesn't bore very quickly. This is one of my favorite products at the moment and would definitely repurchase again if I ever run out.

Retails for 22,- euros.