September 2, 2014 | 1070 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by rosieposie64

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Agh terrible, terrible - gives spots. I was recommended this in store to remove makeup from my sensitive skin. No matter what I tried (weeks of persistence in case my skin was 'purging' and removing it with a hot cloth/second cleanse) it gave me terrible, terrible spots, breakouts and lumps all over my face. It was so hard to get off the skin after using, was really clingy and greasy (I think because of the beeswax). Terrible product, don't buy it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by savannahxoh

This is no joke when I tell you that this will most likely cause you to break out in cystic and whitehead acne. All of last year I had perfect skin where I did not have to wear makeup, until I decided to splurge at Lush and started using this. It practically ruined my skin and broke me out awfully, and after months I have just now cleared it up. It's BEESWAX for crying out loud. Would you rub Burt's Bee's chapstick onto your face? No? Then why this? Just don't. I'm warning you. Unless you feel the need to use this then completely exfoliate your face to a new level of rawness just to make sure none gets left behind to clog your pores.

Not kidding, the routine that clears my skin up from the most awful awful breakouts due to products like these from Lush that I try is:

1. Wash with St. Ives Apricot Scrub (Just scrub gently, don't scratch or cut yourself raw with it).
2. USE A CLARISONIC with a charcoal scrub like Michael Todd True Organics Charcoal Gel Cleanser.
3. RINSE WITH COLD WATER TO CLOSE PORES.
4. Use a toner on a cotton pad. My die-hard favorite is Michael Todd Lemon Toner.
5. Mix a night cream and 100% PURE TEA TREE OIL (seriously kills ALL acne-causing bacteria on your face like a miracle) in your hand, apply. It WILL sting for around a minute. Maybe use a diluted water and tea tree oil mixture.
6. Apply any benzoyl peroxide gel. Like Dan's Acne Regimen "Treatment" Step, or a prescription BP gel
7. Apply 100% Pure Jojoba Oil onto face as a moisturizer. It will NOT break you out. It will moisturize beautifully, and flawlessly.

You are welcome.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by thathippiegothchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I originally bought this for reasons different than using as a cleanser. I had just tested out another of their products and decided it was way to harsh on my combination/sensitive skin; problem was is I couldn't get the darn stuff off my hands, even with water. An employee I think it was suggested using Ultrabland to remove it and lo and behold it worked - and made my hands silky soft to boot! Having been on an RV road trip at the time I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a pot of it with me to clean my hands of any miscellaneous RV dirt. If that makes sense. Then months later after the trip was done, having lost two containers of my previous Lush cleanser Herbalism and not being able nor willing to replace them (read my review on Herbalism and you'll see why), I thought hey, Ultrabland is a facial cleanser, I should try using it. And I did, a few times, only to find it worked great but didn't exfoliate enough and left a film behind on my skin. Yesterday I figured a way around that: get one of those exfoliating cloths from the bath and beauty section of a Walmart. Not sure what they're called sorry. Once I had gotten one I tried it and was thrilled with the result. Here's how I did it: first I wet my face with lukewarm water, then applied Ultrabland by scrubbing it in as much as possible and rubbing it in. I then wet the exfoliating cloth with hot water, scrubbed my hands off with the exfoliating side to be sure I got it all off them, then used the same side after rinsing it off of course to scrub all the Ultrabland off. Then I used the softer side to get the remainder and soothe my skin and rinsed once more with hot water. Patted dry. I have never in all my life or with any of the 100s of products I've tried felt my skin so soft or look so healthy. Besides being slightly red from the exfoliation - which already was disappearing as I watched - my face looked glowing and healthy. I definitely am a lifelong Ultrabland user henceforth, on my face, not my hands. The only thing is, the method I just described is the best way I've found to apply it, and you have to be sure not to moisturizer afterward because it just makes your skin oily all over again. But really, with Ultrabland you don't need to. Just use, tone and go on with the rest of your day. You won't regret it. As for the high price, I guarantee it's worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin159

Love this product and will always keep it in stock. Really gentle (application and ingredients). I use it as a morning cleanser with a hot towel when I want to unclog pores, as a cleanser after makeup removal when I want to keep it gentle. - you can use it to remove makeup but the thought is ikky. I also use it on dry patches or under eyes overnight.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to love this product. I do end up going back to this when I go to lush. The only downfall of this product is that you get so messy with it as u have to warm it up and then massage over the face (not good if you're using as a make up remover). It does however remove all traces of make up and leaves the skin clean. My fingernails however weren't so clean as the make up went all down them :( not so great if you don't have much time but fab if u do x

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by SabineJoling

i don't use it like a cleanser but on a clean face as a mask. leave it on for 14 minutes (or less) and my skin is sooooo soft. I have dry skin but it has been acting up the past couple of weeks. this helps so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jenabeall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE ultrabland! Everything from lush is pricy but you get what you pay for. I have dry/combo skin and this is an amazing makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturizer. When my sling feels especially dry I'll even keep ultrabland on as a face mask for 10 minutes. This is an amazing product and I will be definitely repurchasing and recommending to all of my girlfriends. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Lumilintu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I strongly recommend people try this as a sample before committing. Frankly, reading other reviews, I'm also not convinced that everyone's Ultrabland is the same. Sometimes it's hard to even believe we are all reviewing the same product.

As it says on the pot:
"Make-up stays on because it's made with oils and waxes. Beeswax is the gentlest ingredient to take it off."

Okay, then what do you use to take the Ultrabland off? This seems to be a rather polarising product, with some commenters insisting that people who don't like it aren't removing it correctly, and others who feel like I do. On that note, I find it odd that a beeswaxy product is supposed to get all your makeup off, when oil is an effective way to get waxes AND makeup off. This product does not stack up to coconut oil as an eye makeup remover, as I am really not into exfoliating my eyelids and undereye areas.

Well, I followed all the instructions, and I can't follow them more perfectly, and I cannot get this product off my face, without another step of using oil - which I was trying to replace by trying this product. I do like the slight graininess as a very gentle exfoliator, and coupled with a coconut oil removal after, I like the product a lot more. It's a bit expensive to be using a makeup remover on a makeup remover, though...

I make my own lotions and lotion bars, but I haven't made facial ones yet because I like to use beeswax, and beeswax can be pore-clogging for your face. I thought I'd try this anyway, because so many people gave it such rave reviews. Of course, I found it clogged my pores.

This product is bizarre to me. I can only assume that this is an issue of consistency (perhaps the product is simply not the same all the time depending on who makes it) as well as the good ol' "what works for one may not work for another".

This product may work for you, or it may REALLY not. Be careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Ramalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite cleanser ever! I have typical teenage skin, which is combination, often dull and I get the odd hormonal breakout. I was always under the illusion that make up wipes remove all my make up but how wrong I was! Personally when using I take the majority of my make up off with a wipe and let my face air dry. I take about a 10p piece and work it into my face in small circular motions. I put it all over my eyes and kind of rub in between my lashes to remove ALL mascara. (I also work it into my eyebrows as I got a bit too keen with my tweezers and took too much off... This has made my eyebrow hair a lot less dry/ wirey and it grows in all the right places!) I usually leave it on for about a minute whilst a flannel soaks in hot water. I ring out my flannel and place if over my face, essentially steaming it! I then wipe all the cleanser off rinsing my flannel out in between. I've never had any problems trying to remove it, and my skin feels smooth, soft and supple afterwards, without having to moisturise. I've used it for about 2 months and my skin is so much more radiant, smooth and firm! I would definitely repurchase, even though I've barely used any of my tub!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by YookooOonoo

UPDATE: I am sad to report that after a little over a month of use my face is breaking out like it has never broken out before. I have never experienced a breakout of this magnitude, and the only change to routine has been swapping the soap for ultrabland. gonna have to give it a thumbs down.

Dear Lush People: never, ever, ever, ever, stop making this product. I have PCOS so my skin is problematic to say the least, and I'm very weary of trying stuff. Bought this after a splurge-spree when the girl tested it on my hand and it seemed like voodoo it removed red, red lipstick so well. Fast forward to a week of use and I am in love. I absolutely adore this product and will never give it up! My skin is soft and glowing. Yay Lush!!

P.S. Breath of God perfume so totally weird, yet so totally awesome at the same time. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No