LUSH Ultra Bland

3.9

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 7/27/2014 9:35:00 AM

I am currently on Roaccutane, and can only use plain and simple skin care. I found cleansers such as Cetaphil and QV were not always effective in removing makeup, and sometimes left my face feeling dry.

The salesgirl at Lush told me to use a pea-sized amount, rub it into the skin and then use a toner and pad to wipe away the cream. I do this, but I wash with warm water and then use toner (Eau Roma by Lush) to remove the excess. This removes all my makeup, including eyeliner and leaves my face feeling soft and soothed. I think it makes my skin look a lot fresher and brighter too. It does leave a slight film on the skin, which I like at the moment, but might be too much once I'm off roaccutane. In that case, I'll just use it to remove heavy makeup rather than my daily cleanser.

on 7/20/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really liked this for the first few days. It took all of my make up off (I didn't enjoy the film it left on my face after). I then noticed my breakouts were getting worse. Unfortunately, after trying the product out a few times, it still broke me out. I think this was just too oily for my skin type.

I don't think it helped that I suffer from bad breakouts but if you're looking for a cleanser, this is good. I'd recommend this product if you have dry skin and not prone to break outs.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Ok, this product is very different that most other facial cleansers. One of the main ingredients is bees wax, so you can get an idea just from that as to the consistency of this product. On one hand, it is very gentle, effective, and gives my skin a radiant glow. However, it is just a bit too high maintenance for me. I felt like the cleanser was hard to work with and doesn't emulsify much once you work it into your skin. I then have to grab a wash cloth and wipe it off my face this way. I'm a huge Mia fan, and there's absolutely no way this product can be used with a Mia. If you follow the directions and take the time to use this product correctly, the results are wonderful. I just got sick of my washcloths getting caked up with this cleanser and also feeling as though I never quite got it all off. I don't think a moisturizer is necessary when using this, as the product leaves a bit of a film on top of your skin (I believe it is supposed to), but I often used moisturizer after using a toner first. Overall, a great product especially for those with very sensitive skin. If you're looking for something a bit different with beautiful glowing skin results, try this. Just be patient and use this product correctly! LUSH's main "thing" is their products are pretty much all natural. Added bonus: If you keep I think 5-6 clean containers and bring them back to the store, they'll give you a free face mask.

on 6/28/2014 6:48:00 PM

This is an excellent make-up remover/facial wash. I like it for the former in particular. It takes off make-up almost perfectly. Smells sweet and great, natural ingrediants and vegan with recycled containers.
Application: tiny amount on fingers rubbed in on eyes, down nose/chin and forehead. Leave on for a few seconds; use warm wash-rag to gently remove the ultrabland and melted off make-up product or just to clean skin.
How it felt: great! Sweet smelling as I've already said, nice texture, not irritating at allll for the eyes or any other part of my face. If I'm traveling or need just something simple this is what I use to remove make-up and to clean my face at the same time. It's just that good.
Issues?: Maybe price, though the tub lasts forever using the right amount for washing.
My skin has been healthier since using this product, less acne, less irritation, no itchiness.

on 6/21/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is basically thick honey. It was so gunky and greesy I couldn't wash it out of my cloth after. And it broke me out like crazyyyy! Little bumps on my forehead, cheeks, chin, and deeper ones.

on 5/22/2014 12:01:00 PM

I like this cleanser very much. It is thick and greasy, which is pleasing to my dry skin. After this I don't always even have to moisturize, which would be unheard of with most cleansers. The only thing I'm not enthusiastic about is that rinsing it off of my face in the shower isn't possible. A face cloth or cotton pads are required to get rid of all the traces of cleanser and make-up. Price obviously isn't the best, but it's manageable. Packaging is alright, I'd rather it's in a tub than in a pump bottle as it's so thick. I've recently repurchased this cleanser and would again.

on 5/21/2014 5:25:00 PM

This is a really good make up remover for sensitive skin like mine. I have fair, combination, sensitive skin...most removers are very bad for me. I have used oils in the past, everything else makes me puff up, turn red. Price wise it is higher than I normally go for, but I will be buying this again when I run out. The tub is huge for the amount you use.

on 5/16/2014 1:49:00 PM

I really like this product because its gentle and it doesnt dry out my skin. It leaves my skin feeling moisturized but it also leaves an oil residue behind. To dont have the oil residue I massage it into my skin to break down the make-up, then use a gel cleanser and then I take it all off with a hot flannel. But the product is only very good for the winter and fall time so I wouldnt recommend to use it in the summer time if you have very oily skin. :-)

on 5/13/2014 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've used this since I was a teenager, and whenever I've strayed my skin has thrown a fit. It calms redness, feels lovely, takes any make-up I'm wearing off in a jiffy and, most importantly, doesn't bring me out in spots. I get it off with hot water and a flannel every morning and evening with a bit of facial massage.

Apparently it smells odd to some people, but I've never noticed anything like that - it's just really pleasant. I love the texture it gives when it's on my face, and that it's really gentle to my poor sensitive skin.

on 5/4/2014 7:19:00 PM

Wanted to try a cleansing balm- I use cleansing oils and coconut oil in the past, with great success in removing my make up. This was really a disappointment- hard to wash off, doesn't remove eye make up well and worst of all, left me with 4 horrible white head zits. I had clear skin when I started using it. Returning.