December 18, 2014 | 882 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Chili

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by RoxyRainey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I stumbled across Mac Chilli, before I discovered Make up ally, I would just go to the Mac counter look at colours and just experiment, I picked this colour up randomly, and I was pleasantly surprised, at this point I didn’t realise there was different finishes, frost, matt ect so I genuinely was in the dark, but this lipstick is amazing, not dry, lasts ages and is a great shade its like a burnt chilli colour, great on a night out and great in the day too, makes your teeth look very white, I have loads of Mac lipsticks now and I have to be honest this and Ravishing have to be my favourite so far.
I ordered Rubywoo a few weeks back and considering it’s the same Matt finish as Chilli its not as easy to apply as Chilli, Chilli seems to be more moisturising where as Rubywoo makes my lips rather dry, I have Siss on order so I’m hoping that becomes another of my favourites 
Least favourite so far is Girl About Town far too bright for me, so anyone considering Chilli I would highly recommend you wont be disappointed

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by jamie_amber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted a red with no blue tones and this fit the bill. I love it and have gotten many compliments. Worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Upside: with this one it's all about the shade: a beautiful orange-red, which lighter, yellow-based complexions should appreciate. And now for the (not-insignificant) downside: can get a tad drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love Chili. It is so flattering against my skintone and a no fail color for the fall. It's like a brickish red/orange, deep terracotta color that's very warm of a shade. I'm huge on red lipsticks and this shade is a really easy one to wear. I adore it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by HoneyBeehave23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to for when I want to wear a red lip. I've spent years looking for a red that suited me and finally decided to ask a Mac MUA for some advice, after going through the colours I liked (Which did not look good) she suggested this and as soon as it was on I knew it was perfect. It's not your typical red, much more of a brick colour so I can see why it would over looked (if you're like me) but it works. Wearing it makes my teeth look like I've just had a whitening treatment and after wearing it out on a few nights out I can attest to it lasting long with few touch ups. As it is a matte lipstick it can feel a bit drying but I find that adding a moisturing base (if you want to keep it matte) helps or for a glossy look a sheer brown lip balm (e.g. Sleeks' Barely There Pout Polish) over the top is great and without diluting it's impact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I hate brown lipstick because I believe they donīt suit anybody but sometimes you need a "brownish" lipstick to complement your make up or your clothes. MAC Chili is the one because itīs a Red with brownish undertones, so being Red does illuminate your complexion and those brown undertones complement your Autum-Winter clothes. Itīs a perfect browinish-red lipstick which will not wash you out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Finally, I have found my red lipstick! I am pretty pale, and most red lipsticks make me look like a serial killer clown. This is a matte brick color that is very flattering and can be during the day (although I wear it at night). Its matte texture makes it more long-wearing on me, which I like. Be sure to use long-wearing lipliner to keep it in place. Hallelujah!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by TheLulucie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love it ! A matte red-curcuma lipstick like pimento hhhhhhh Love it ! With my skin color it's just sexy caliente for dark haired and skin tan !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Beeb26

Chili is great! I love this lippie for its colour, the texture is drying and applying can be difficult. I found the solution, it's an easy one: use a lipbalm underneath and you won't have a hard time applying and your lips won't be as dry. It also makes the colour more wearable for daytime. So together with a bit of lipbalm, this is my favourite red! I think it suits the yellow-undertoned best, so cool-toned ladies, walk away from this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by AllisonWunderland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best red lipstick! It's so wearable, flattering, and versatile. I love the matte texture, it looks sophisticated and polished. It has a warm orange undertone and it goes best with other warm tones. It does not look dark or garish, it just looks awesome and sexy and it always draws compliments. It's my favorite MAC lipstick of all time.