MAC Matte - Chili

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this product when I went to MAC to look for an orangey lipstick. I was trying out Lady Danger and a couple of others but - even though I'm relatively brave with lip colours - those kind of drained my brown Indian skin and I knew I would have to wear a whole lot of make-up to make myself look alive.

The SA suggested Chili and it was a great suggestion. It's definitely quite a unique warm orange. I may wear it with a little brown mixed up to make it look more wearable. I would have liked it a bit more matte though.

on 4/5/2012 4:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

An absolutely beautiful daytime brick or paprika red. I am a huge fan of red lipsticks, but have the misfortune to find that many reds pull pink or even fuchsia on me. Chili, I am happy to report, does not! It's also a respectable red for daytime, a very vintage everyday sort of lipstick colour. This lipstick has a matte finish and is packaged like all MAC lipsticks.

As with many matte lipsticks, this is drying. It is not a longwear and does rub off when eating or drinking. I wore it with a nude liner so I can't remark much about feathering on its own. I will definitely purchase again! I love this shade.

on 3/8/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Where has this lipstick been all my life?! I am very warm-toned, but quite pale (NC15) and this compliments me perfectly! I also have very dark hair, with an auburn undertone which the lipstick also compliments. This was truly an unexpected find. I walked into MAC with my B2M items, not really expecting to find anything since I already own all the high-drama reds. If you put Chili next to Russian Red, or Ruby Woo, it looks very dull, brownish, and not the kind of red you would expect to fall in love with. But after I applied it to my lips, I was shocked at how amazing it looked! It's a very sophisticated red, surprisingly quite difficult to dupe from other brands. It is a unique mix of red, orange, and brown which will compliment any warm-toned person beautifully. I also love the matte finish, it is creamy enough that it is easy to apply, yet it maintains that lovely retro look. I love pairing this lipstick with an ivory-colored lace blouse, and Blacktrack eyeliner. Truly a stunning color.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I think of this colour, I think all things autumn or a warm, spicy 'paprika' shade. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this colour, especially when it pair it with Auburn lipliner and use a bronzer and MAC's Gold Deposit to add an extra golden glow to my skintone! If you're warmer and want an elegant red, this is definitely a colour for you!

on 2/22/2012 5:17:00 AM

I was looking for a nice matte red lipstick with an orange undertone at the MAC counter, I thought Lady Danger would be the perfect option, however when I swatched it on my hand it was way too orange...barely any red visible infact, so then I swatched Chili and it was exactly what I had hoped Lady Danger would be, but maybe even better! It's matte, creamy, and definitely not drying in the slightest. Love it!

on 2/1/2012 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I stumbled across Mac Chilli, before I discovered Make up ally, I would just go to the Mac counter look at colours and just experiment, I picked this colour up randomly, and I was pleasantly surprised, at this point I didnít realise there was different finishes, frost, matt ect so I genuinely was in the dark, but this lipstick is amazing, not dry, lasts ages and is a great shade its like a burnt chilli colour, great on a night out and great in the day too, makes your teeth look very white, I have loads of Mac lipsticks now and I have to be honest this and Ravishing have to be my favourite so far.
I ordered Rubywoo a few weeks back and considering itís the same Matt finish as Chilli its not as easy to apply as Chilli, Chilli seems to be more moisturising where as Rubywoo makes my lips rather dry, I have Siss on order so Iím hoping that becomes another of my favourites 
Least favourite so far is Girl About Town far too bright for me, so anyone considering Chilli I would highly recommend you wont be disappointed

on 11/1/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I wanted a red with no blue tones and this fit the bill. I love it and have gotten many compliments. Worth the price!

on 10/25/2011 4:23:00 AM

Upside: with this one it's all about the shade: a beautiful orange-red, which lighter, yellow-based complexions should appreciate. And now for the (not-insignificant) downside: can get a tad drying.

on 10/13/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love Chili. It is so flattering against my skintone and a no fail color for the fall. It's like a brickish red/orange, deep terracotta color that's very warm of a shade. I'm huge on red lipsticks and this shade is a really easy one to wear. I adore it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is my go to for when I want to wear a red lip. I've spent years looking for a red that suited me and finally decided to ask a Mac MUA for some advice, after going through the colours I liked (Which did not look good) she suggested this and as soon as it was on I knew it was perfect. It's not your typical red, much more of a brick colour so I can see why it would over looked (if you're like me) but it works. Wearing it makes my teeth look like I've just had a whitening treatment and after wearing it out on a few nights out I can attest to it lasting long with few touch ups. As it is a matte lipstick it can feel a bit drying but I find that adding a moisturing base (if you want to keep it matte) helps or for a glossy look a sheer brown lip balm (e.g. Sleeks' Barely There Pout Polish) over the top is great and without diluting it's impact.

Recommended for Medium Skin