April 16, 2014 | 1098 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Chili

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by HoneyBeehave23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to for when I want to wear a red lip. I've spent years looking for a red that suited me and finally decided to ask a Mac MUA for some advice, after going through the colours I liked (Which did not look good) she suggested this and as soon as it was on I knew it was perfect. It's not your typical red, much more of a brick colour so I can see why it would over looked (if you're like me) but it works. Wearing it makes my teeth look like I've just had a whitening treatment and after wearing it out on a few nights out I can attest to it lasting long with few touch ups. As it is a matte lipstick it can feel a bit drying but I find that adding a moisturing base (if you want to keep it matte) helps or for a glossy look a sheer brown lip balm (e.g. Sleeks' Barely There Pout Polish) over the top is great and without diluting it's impact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I hate brown lipstick because I believe they donīt suit anybody but sometimes you need a "brownish" lipstick to complement your make up or your clothes. MAC Chili is the one because itīs a Red with brownish undertones, so being Red does illuminate your complexion and those brown undertones complement your Autum-Winter clothes. Itīs a perfect browinish-red lipstick which will not wash you out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Finally, I have found my red lipstick! I am pretty pale, and most red lipsticks make me look like a serial killer clown. This is a matte brick color that is very flattering and can be during the day (although I wear it at night). Its matte texture makes it more long-wearing on me, which I like. Be sure to use long-wearing lipliner to keep it in place. Hallelujah!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by TheLulucie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love it ! A matte red-curcuma lipstick like pimento hhhhhhh Love it ! With my skin color it's just sexy caliente for dark haired and skin tan !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Beeb26

Chili is great! I love this lippie for its colour, the texture is drying and applying can be difficult. I found the solution, it's an easy one: use a lipbalm underneath and you won't have a hard time applying and your lips won't be as dry. It also makes the colour more wearable for daytime. So together with a bit of lipbalm, this is my favourite red! I think it suits the yellow-undertoned best, so cool-toned ladies, walk away from this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by AllisonWunderland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best red lipstick! It's so wearable, flattering, and versatile. I love the matte texture, it looks sophisticated and polished. It has a warm orange undertone and it goes best with other warm tones. It does not look dark or garish, it just looks awesome and sexy and it always draws compliments. It's my favorite MAC lipstick of all time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by ivoryjade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this lipstick! It is the perfect compliment to my pale skin (NC5, for reference) and is lovely to wear during the day, as well as at night.

I've received many compliments when wearing Chili - even from strangers! Although this has yellow-orange undertones, I have found that it does not make my teeth look yellow at all.

The only downside, I guess, is the price and the fact that it does tend to dry out my lips a bit. This is easily remedied with some good lip balm (I'm looking at you, Carmex!).

I will definitely continue to repurchase, although I've never actually had to repurchase a MAC lipstick - they definitely last a looooooooooong time!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by MlleNausea27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift from a family member who has olive skin and used the color briefly. I have fair-medium skin. However, is you use a peachy/terra cota blush lightly with this lipstick it could work well. Also, the matte color lets you add or subtract the dramatic effect you want from this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always worn and owned a lot of blue based reds, but was looking for a warmer and yellowy-orange shade and totally fits the bill. Very creamy, pigmented, and surprisingly long wearing lipstick, probably due to the matte formula. I like that for a yellow-orange undertone this lipstick doesn't make my teeth look yellow. Compliments my fair complexion (MAC NC15) and red hair perfectly. Definitely a winner and a lipstick I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Juana82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!! I own Russian Red which is too RED for daytime..so I wanted something more subtle and got this! Love the orange/brown mix in this color!! I can wear this and not feel like everyone is staring at my lips all day..lol..