August 22, 2014 | 2046 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - Ultimate Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by lleux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I kinda like this oil. As a makeup remover and cleanser in one, it gets the job done. I like that it removes everything without pulling and tugging. I have combination skin but it doesn't break me out...it actually pulls any whiteheads or visible comedones from my skin and "rolls" them away because of its oil based formula. I sort of like that. Anyway. I'm not sure if I love it to death, but it hasn't failed me yet. The only annoying thing is having to clean off the oil with a separate cleanser afterwards.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by RachelEM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product broke me out, and I also just find it kind of bizarre and unnecessary.
I have a great facial cleanser that will remove all traces of sunscreen, even water resistant sunscreen, so this product is just unnecessary.
Also, I had never tried an oil cleanser and I just plain don't like them. It's very bizarre to slather oil on your face while it's dry, then wipe it off wet. Weird, and slightly ineffective for me.
I have dry skin but it's super sensitive, and something in this formula gave me a few pimples. I didn't change anything else in my routine except use this to take off the sunscreen, so it's definitely this that's the culprit. :(
I'm glad I only got it as part of a kit, and I will definitely not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite cleansing oil. Cleans and rinses off easier than most--without irritation or breakouts. I've tried Shu, Boscia, Softymo, Shiseido Perfect, Fancl, DHC, etc. I always follow with a foaming cleanser. Wish they'd make a small one in a squeeze bottle for travel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mainly to remove the Shiseido sunscreen. But ever since then I have found this to be a great cleansing oil. It doesn't clog my pores, smells great and works to get makeup off as well. It leaves my skin soft and refreshed. When I am rinsing it turns white on my face and rinses off really well. It's a bit on the pricey side, but I find 1 pump into my hands is enough for my entire face. One bottles lasts me awhile and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by moppie2005

Brought it mainly to remove sunscreen. I don't usually wear makeup so I can't comment on its ability to remove makeup.

At any rate, excellent for removing waterproof/sweatproof sunscreen. Really cleans it out. I have also tried Fancl and DHC Cleansing oil and I prefer the Shiseido. It feels more runny than the previous two and thus doesn't feel as tacky while massaging on face. Also has no disturbing smell, which I smell on the Fancl and DHC. However, this product comes out more expensive than the 2.

Here is how I use it:
1) Apply 2 pumps on dry face and massage for about 30 seconds. This actually feels like you're making your face dirtier than before cleaning.
2) Wet hands and massage face again for about 30 seconds or until I feel like I'm clean. This is when you start to feel like it's really cleaning. If you have any flakey skin, you can now also feel it being rubbed off.
3) Splash water on face and rinse off.
4) followup with a basic gentle mild cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by calicatattack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleansing oil works really well on my skin. I had been using DHC's cleansing oil, but I ran out. I figured I'd try something new. Well, I really like this. I think the DHC is milder, but Shiseido's removes make up better.

I use my Olay Regenerist cleansing foam afterwards. The bottle I have is a screw cap and is a pain. I recently purchased a new bottle and it's the full-size with pump. Yay!

I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by whenuwakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:

1. Some people say this product isn't better than mineral oil cleansers but I disagree. This removes makeup and sunscreen far better than just mineral oil, e.g. baby oil.

2. Unlike MAC's yellowish clear cleansing oil, I don't break out while using this!!! =D

3. I used to get serious zits and dry patches whenever I used Shiseido sunscreens, I found out how to avoid it!!!! -> Remove sunscreen with cleansing oil then moisturize & hydrate my skin more than I normally do.

CONS:
1. pricey... I need to use at least 2~3 pumps to remove sunscreen just from my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by tinkywinkystinky

This is the first cleansing oil I've stuck with after being a soap/scrub/foam cleanser girl.

It takes off foundation/sunscreen/eye makeup pretty well. I don't follow up with another cleanser after using this--I feel like that's overwashing and stripping the skin of natural oils.

Sometimes I get dry spots, so I just rub on some petroleum jelly on those spots. After having only used this oil for cleansing, my face is much less dry and it looks good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 3:39:00 AM More reviews by mnguye5

Like many others I was very skeptical to try an oil cleanser. The SA insisted I tried it and made me a sample: needless to say I bought it after wards. Usually I have to wash my face twice when I use a higher SPF product. This often dries out my skin and sometimes it doesn't even feel clean-even after multiple washes.

This is the only thing adequately removes my higher SPF sunscreens. I do wash my face with something else after and it doesn't leave my face dry at all. I suppose if you had dry skin then maybe just this would be enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by missannabelle

I used this product for awhile with good results, until I studied the ingredient list and realized that... this is just a standard *mineral oil*.. that's all there is!! I don't understand how a company can blatantly dress up such a standard product and sell it for what is basically a highway robbery of a price. For those you who liked it, like I did, guess what? Mineral oil *is* the best type of cleansing oil as well as moisturizer, but you can find it at any drug store for a fraction of the price.

Plus.. this contains ALCOHOL... wow is there ever a more irritating ingredient for all skin types.