Mary Kay Oil-free hydrating gel

4.2

Water, dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerine, propylene glycol, cyclohexasiloxane, betaine, camellia senensis extract, algae extract, tocopheryl acetate, sodium pca, proline, arginine, glycine, alanine, lysine, glutomic acid, serine, threonine, sorbitol, butylene glycol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, glyceryl polyacrylate, C13-14 isoparaffin, polyacrylamide, peg-12, dimethicone, carbomer, laureth-7, disodium edta, benzophenone-4, triethaolamine, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, dmom hydantoin. EXT violet 2, red 40.

on 1/21/2009 12:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is my summertime fav for my cheeks and forehead... but i need something more serious in the winter. It's light and effective. I don't moisturize my tzone but just apply wear I'm dry. It goes on smoothly, and it's not greasy or overwhelming. I like the packaging too :)

on 10/28/2008 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product was recommended to me when my favorite moisturizer, St. Ives Swiss Formula Cucumber & Elastin Eye & Face Stress Gel, was discontinued. However, the second ingredient in the Mary Kay product is dimethicone, which many people don't know is a type of silicone oil. So the "oil-free" in the name is a bit misleading. I tried it anyway, but something in it (probably the dimethicone oil) irritated my eyes. After about two hours, I actually had to wash my face to relieve the irritation.

This product obviously does affect most people the same way as it did me. But if your eyes are sensitive (or if you wear contact lenses), be aware that this product could cause problems.

on 8/19/2008 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I keep going back to this moisturizer. It keeps my skin feeling soft and hydrated in the winter. The price is good for the size of the jar you get. I wish it came in a tube or a in a jar with a pump.

on 7/7/2008 2:09:00 PM

I love this product! I love the way my skin feels after applying it, my skin feels cool, silky and soft. I use it at night and during the day. It doesn't make my skin feel oily as most mosturizers does, due to my combination skin. I will keep this product on my shelf!

on 6/21/2008 10:59:00 PM

I have combination skin. I like how light this gel is. It doesn't leave me greasy and dries well. It is somewhat sticky, and I have found better. I still give this a thumbs up though.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love love love this product. I use it over my moisturizer in dry spots. I have combination skin so in order to avoid looking like a grease spill I have to use a moisturizer for combo skin which leaves dry spots on my cheeks. This doesn't clog pores or make me greasy. Some days if I am just going to be kicking around the house I use this as my moisturizer. It feels so good on my skin :)

on 5/27/2008 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this as my nighttime moisturizer in the Spring/Summer and for both day and night during the winter. I feel hydrated, moisturized not greasy! Does not leave a residue on my skin and has not contributed to cysts, postules, papules, whiteheads or blackheads! I SUFFER from acne and my skin flops from Combo to Oily. I added this to my routine this past winter and recently bought a full size jar on eBay. (I bought 6 sample packets before and they lasted forever!) As you can see, I gave it a several months of use before writing my review and I absolutley love it. Def. will repurchase...a little goes a long way!

on 5/15/2008 2:28:00 PM

I tried this at a Mary Kay party thrown by a coworker, and was pleasantly surprised. We had a fun MK rep, who let us try all kinds of products instead of sticking strictly to their prescribed skincare regimen (she appears to have good sales, so she must have figured out that letting people play with the products entices them to buy). I applied this as my moisturizer, and found it very, very similar to Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (note, the gel, not the lotion). It was non-greasy, absorbed quickly and felt nice going on. I could see using this as a nighttime lotion, or underneath a sunblock during the day (it has no spf, it's just a moisturizer). At about $30 for a jar it's a little pricey, as all MK products seem to me. But I think it would go a long way. I took off some points on packaging because although it's pretty I wish it were a pump for sanitary and travel reasons. Since I'm out of my DDMG I'm considering replacing it with this.

About me: oily, sensitive, fair skin with occasional breakouts and frequent clogged pores

on 4/20/2008 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this moisturizer!! Its nice, lightweight, has a great cooling effect when applied and best of all is one of the only mositurizers I've found that works for my sensitive skin (I've got perorial dermatitis on my chin and this doesn't make it flare up like SOO many other products I tired.. It also doesn't take much so it lasts a long time!

on 4/18/2008 1:57:00 PM

This is one of the only Mary Kay products that I actually like. I love that it's oil-free and doesn't break me out (which I can't say about a lot of Mary Kay products). It seems to sink right into my skin and make it feel so smooth. The only cons are the jar that it comes in and the price. But other than that, I have no complaints.

Ingredients: water, dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, propylene glycol, cyclohexasiloxane, betaine, camellia sinensis leaf extract, algae extract, tocopheryl acetate, sodium pca, proline, arginine, glycine, alanine, lysine, glutamic acid, serine, threonine, sorbitol, butylene glycol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, glyceryl polyacrylate, c13-14 isoparaffin, polyacrylamide, peg-12 dimethicone, carbomer, laureth-7, disodium edta, benzophenone-4, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, dmdm hydantoin, ext. violet 2, red 40

Popular Moisturizers