August 1, 2014 | 1864 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by beffuhknee88

I hate this stuff. I have been using it for a few months now....I don't have bad skin really, just occasional breakouts. Every time I get a new pimple I reach for this product for some odd reason. I guess I just think 'maybe this time it will work'....well it doesn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by chloelam29

Worst pimple gel ever! I had massive zits and I put it on day and night for a week. Didn't do anything! It was a gel and had a very strong smell which made me feel dizzy. It just made my pimples more noticeable and shiny. I would not purchase it ever again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by gabbyiella

I'm on my second tube. I occasionally have acne, i don't have it when im not on my period though. I find that this best works on soon to be large pimples, meaning ones that are just small bumps that will turn large. This will not work as efficiently on big red welts, as it will on preventing them with small acne growing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by TristaJean

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product works well and lasts forever. I can see a noticeable difference when I use it on pimples. It smells strongly though, which is a downside. I've also found if you use a lot or use it frequently, it can give you dry spots.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

I like the tube and I like putting it on my oily nose. Will repurchase just because I like it as a spot treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Rayda4Life

Overall, I really like this product. It performs well. However, I am not very fond of the smell. I don't know why but it really smells like cheap perfume so I tend not to put this product around my nose area.

I purchased this product over two years ago and it lasted me till now but recently I lost that one so I decided to go purchase another one. I find the new packing isn't as effective as the old packing but it still does what it promises so I guess that's not a big deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by beautiful13

I bought this product a few days ago at priceline and it was $9.95 and I wanted to give it a go because I saw heaps of good reviews on it. I used this on some of my pimples that were irritating me and were quite noticeable and it worked a bit, it reduced the redness but it didn't reduce the size much and after 3 times of using it on one pimple it left the dead skin of it and i had to peel it off in the end. It was overpriced for me and I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by HeavenlyHelenly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Continuous use of this product on one spot is not recommended. It really dries out the skin and leaves behind acne scars that don't ever seem to go away (well, a few months). It works best on huge zits, but it burns really badly ):, which i am pretty sure means it is working.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by madsthoughts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say, I didn't have much faith in this product, as no acne treatments, or even facial cleansers, typically work on my skin. But the moment I put this on, it worked in minutes! I tested it out on one growing acne mark on my face and when I grazed a finger over it at least five minutes later, I could already feel it had decreased in size. I would totally buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

The 2% salicylic acid gel I had been using on my face was discontinued, so I cruised the aisle looking for a decent price and picked up two tubes of this BOGO1/2off. I looked mostly at the active ingredient and did not consider the other ingredients, which was a mistake. I have used most of one tube and the problem is that (whether because of the plat extracts or the alcohol), unlike my other gel, this is too irritating to use all over my face and *has* to be used as a spot treatment.

Does it work as a spot treatment? Sure. It's got the maximum over the counter strength of 2% SA, so it's exfoliating and anti-inflammatory. Diligent use of this gel on zits, and no picking, will aid in shrinking them more quickly and reducing their redness. It has kept my nose reasonably clear of its usual clogged pores as well.

HOWEVER, when viewed as a salicylic acid product, it's really horrendously overpriced. The wee tube and the gel consistency provide the impression that it's super duper laser strength gel especially for the worst spots, but the fact of the matter is that most people who use SA can use a 2% solution all over their face. Looked at in that light,$7-9 for the tiny .75ox tube is laughable. Paula's Choice offers 2% SA products in a couple formats that are half the price per ounce. If you prefer only to dab them on your zits, feel free, but you'll be able to dab them on twice as many zits for the same amount of money.