Coty Airspun Fragrance Free Luminous Translucent Loose Powder

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Calcium Silicate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Acetate, Zinc Stearate, Stearyl Acetate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Oleyl Acetate, Propylparaben, Methyldihydrojasmonate, BHT, (May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides)

on 11/7/2008 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

First off, I haven't worn powder in years. I've got dry skin and whenever I've put it on in about the past 10 years or so, it just seemed to sit on top of my skin and make it look older AND drier--no matter the brand. Lancome, Clinique, Guerlain...the best of the bunch was actually Cover Girl CG SMoothers pressed. And it wasn't that good.

I've had my box of Coty Luminous for a couple years but never used it--I went through a stage a few years ago where I wanted to be all retro and have loose powder sitting on my "vanity" (which I don't have) with a giant powder puff next to it...I think I thought I was channeling Zelda Fitzgerald or some other 20's Jazz Baby type character I had in my mind. Anyhoo, I never used the powder because I tried a little over foundation one day and it just caked and looked crappy. So I've kept it because the green box is so beautiful, it sits on top of my Guerlain Les Meteorites that I also never use.

Recently I've been laying off even my stick foundation because everything--and I mean everything--except my tinted moisturizer seems to clog my pores. I thought I'd give it a break and see if the breakouts on my cheeks and chin cleared up. Well, yup, they did. Just on a whim I tried the Coty Luminous over my CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer. A light patting with a puff, then a dust-off with a brush. Nothing too heavy. Well, it looks great! I can't believe it! No caking, no buildup, and no clogged pores!!!! It gives my skin a nice dewy sheen, without being mask-like! Hooray! I think I'll go to KMart and get another box. And a big ass puff!!!!!

Oh, P.S., I punch holes in the plastic liner.

on 10/4/2008 12:47:00 AM

I haven't used Coty powder in years and had really forgotten about it until I read the reviews on MUA so decided to give it a try again. I bought the Natural and the Extra Coverage Translucent and love the matte finish they give my skin. I am oily, especially in my T-Zone and this powder keeps me matte all day. I ended up going in search of the Luminous variety but was having trouble finding it. Lo and Behold , I walked into the cosmetic section of my local K-mart recently and there it was just waiting for me to grab it up! The luminous powder is difficult to find so I bought the only 2 boxes they had. I find the luminous powder gives me a slight dewy look and not shiny or sparkly at all. I actually like the smell of these powders, reminds me of my days as a young girl just beginning to discover makeup. I would definetly purchase again but seeing how I have like 4 boxes I will probably have no reason to purchase more.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

How about getting a crapload of creamy, light wearing, luminous face power in a really cute box for about $5?!

That is all I have to say about that.

on 8/2/2008 7:23:00 PM

I really enjoy the light, natural look that this powder gives me. I gently dust it across my face with a large makeup brush (as with most powders, you have to be careful not to overdo it or you look as though as though you have been hit with an open sack of flour) and usually do not have to re-apply it for the rest of the day, making this my current powder of choice and one of my favorite products. I find it gives my skin a gentle glow and makes it appear as though I am wearing no powder at all. I love the retro packaging but it can be a pain to open without the product spilling! My only complaint is that the company needs a better package without losing it's vintage beauty.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am sorry but as a highly sensitive to scented products person this product really irked me because it is NOT fragrance free. Get real Coty. When I returned it for my refund the manager took a whiff and his eyes watered...LOL

on 4/7/2008 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

i love the way it looks on the outside- but i am not a fan of the "punch your own holes in the plastic" deal.... my mom uses this stuff- and i had been stealing hers since i was 12- i recently decided to buy it again (i am 25) and i like this stuff better than most department store brand powders. the only downside is it leaves a slightly powdery look to my makeup (its a powder but i dont want it to LOOK powdery on me!)
so i am sticking to bare minerals sheer powder- but for the price this would be my number 2 for powder.

on 3/11/2008 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really love this stuff but the packaging is horrible.
It spills out all over the place each time I open it.
They do give you a lot of it for the price.
I need to buy something to keep this in and ill be happy.

on 2/15/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at Walmart *thinking* it could work like Laura Mercier's secret brightening concealer powder...NOPE...it was glittery and shimmery, not at all what I want for my almost 40 year old skin under my eyes. I would not repurchase nor finish what I bought. I also tried this as a highlighter on the upper cheekbones of my mother (who is in her late 60s) and it looked horrible.

on 2/14/2008 9:25:00 PM

i wish i'd read these reviews before taking out the little plastic piece inside the container-- now i'm faced with a gaping pot of powder that's sure to get everywhere. it looks lovely on my bathroom counter, though! no scent that i can detect, which is great, but comes across as really, really shiny on me. this probably won't work long term because i'm trying to get away from being shiny. however, if you're looking for more a dewy look, this would work great.

on 10/25/2007 5:12:00 PM

I really love the vintage packaging this comes in and the light fragrance it has. It works pretty well when it comes to setting my makeup and absorbing oil, but the shimmer in it is a bit much as an all-over face powder on my oily skin. It looks glowy at first, but then starts to make my face look shiny. If I blot a lot, then it looks ok though. I will finish up this box of powder and then try the Translucent one.