December 22, 2014 | 1672 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Sakura Bath Ballistic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This little beauty comes in at a princely £2.20 for a 200gm ball. The name Sakura is Japanese and means Cherry Blossom. This particular Ballistic was invented by Noriko at Lush. Noriko is responsible for making Lush products to suit Japanese tastes but fortunately for the rest of us, her delicate blend of Lemon Oil, Mimosa Absolute, Orange Blossom Absolute, Jasmine Absolute and Gardenia Extract tend to appeal to everyone world wide.

The Sakura is a large bath ballistic and is roughly the size of a tennis ball and is extremely pretty to look at. It has a white/cream background and is dappled with exfoliating sea salt which has been coloured in pastel shades of pink and green which is supposed to represent a Cherry tree in full bloom. It actually reminded me of pastel coloured hundreds and thousands on top of an iced fairy cake that had melted and blended together slightly and the over all effect was very delicate and pretty. The beauty of Lush products is that only the purest, freshest ingredients are used and the products are all hand made.

In the case of Bath ballistics they are made from an extremely effective mix of baking soda and citric acid which are liberally infused with deliciously scented, carefully chosen and blended essential oils to refresh, revitalise, invigorate, soothe, calm, relax or stimulate………there are hundreds of different mood altering ballistics…..the hardest part is trying to decide which to choose! Once dropped into a bath full of warm or hot water, depending on your preference, the ballistic will spin and fizz furiously in the water, releasing a beautiful fragrance, and depending on which bomb you are using, will colour as well as soften the water.

I tried Sakura after a particularly stressful day at University. I rang home twenty minutes before I left and instructed my mother to run a hot bath for me. Once home I dropped my handbag in the hall and, feeling rather mean spirited, headed in the direction of the bathroom without so much as a "how are you?" in mother's direction. Actually mean spirited is the wrong term to apply here, I was feeling extremely tired, tense and stressed not to mention badly aching bones, a stiff back and joints and swollen ankles also my head was thumping badly and I was borderline Migraine. Without further ado I stripped off my clothing and tested the water with my big toe. It was nice and hot so I eased my jaded bones into the water and immersed myself into the deep, steamy water before unwrapping my Sakura from its Lush wrapping and dropping it into the water.

Immediately it started to hiss and fizz loudly and whizzed around the tub like a mini tornado releasing its rich, deep fragrance into the air.
I was slightly disappointed that this ballistic didn’t colour the water as some of the other’s do nor did it contain any flowers, confetti, seaweed or glitter…….all those special little things that make a Lush Bath Ballistic such a special experience. So the only thing this one could offer me was its fragrance. As the ballistic took it’s finally dizzy spins around my bathtub it had already done one of its jobs and softened my water. I rested my head against the bath and slid downwards until I was up to my chin in steaming fragrant water. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply of the delicious scent. Within minutes my mind started to feel clearer and I could feel the black cloud of irritability that had loomed large over my head all day begin to turn grey, then white and then clear altogether.

The fragrance of Sakura is extremely uplifting, refreshing and invigorating. As I relaxed in my bath on that drab cold evening it was an intensely pleasurable experience when the Mimosa, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Lemon and Gardenia assaulted my senses, running riot and conjuring up images of a warm, bright May Day. The refreshing smell of Lemon compliments the floral and other citrus perfumes perfectly and the result is a fresh, clean spring day. I imagined that I was laying in a lush green meadow with sapphire blue skies and white fluffy marshmallow clouds drifting lazily by overhead. I imagined light, soft rain falling gently onto daffodils, daisies, tulips and Lily of the Valley gently caressing and cajoling them to release their potent fragrances; I visualised light May winds nudging and teasing the delicate foamy Cherry Blossom from the haven of the tree and watched as the petals drifted down slowly like fragranced Snowflakes. Had it not been for my brother shattering my peace by hollering “Dinner's ready!” loudly I think I would have languished in my country meadow for hours.

I was really pleased to note that all my senses felt soothed and I felt as if my body had been given a calming massage, I felt re-energised and my aching bones ached no more. After my Sakura bath I felt at peace with the world and human again. Even after spending a good three quarters of an hour soaking in the soft, fragrant, hot water my skin was plump, soft and wrinkle free. As there was no additions to Sakura (no confetti, glitter, flowers or seaweed) the bath was easy to clean and just required a rinse and wipe down.

The smell of the Sakura lingered on my skin and I could smell it quite strongly the next morning and as is usual with Lush products the smell lingered for days around the house much stronger and nicer than any air freshener.

I would highly recommend a Lush Sakura Bath Ballistic for those days when nothing seems to be going right; or if you are feeling particularly tense or tired; or if you are achy or stiff; or if the sun isn’t shining or if it’s one degree to cold; or if your coffee doesn’t taste right or if you have broken a finger nail………………then again I would recommend that you don’t even bother to try and find an excuse to sample the delights of a Sakura a Spring day……….just do it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This so far has to be the cleanest LUSH bathbomb I have used so far. It fizzed a long time and left my skin fragrant with the sent of cherry blossoms. The bathtub ring was minimal. I would love this scent in a solid to wear as a perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by elsiewright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite Lush ballistics, second only to Youki-hi.
It turns the water a very pale pink and the scent lingers on your skin without being overpowering. It's fresh and crispily sweet compared to other floral scents which tend to be too musky and old-ladyish. My mother also completely adores this (I bought her a sakura gift box for her birthday), even though she doesn't usually like "smelly" things.
When I'm lying in the bath it makes me want to visit the cherry blossom in Kyoto very much!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by cjones1fan

The scent of this bath bomb was absolutely wonderful... Like a fresh blossom on a tree. I loved it, until I put it in the bath. I felt so sticky! For a minute, I thought it might have been the fact that I had scrubbed my bathtub earlier that week. But then I realized that I had taken a bath a few days before with a bubble bar and did not have the sticky feeling. So I was very disappointed in this bath bomb. I actually had to take a shower about an hour after I got out of the bath, just to get the sticky feeling off my body. Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

This just might be my favorite LUSH bath bomb. This bomb just bursts with flower petals and has a light, springtime floral fragrance that is slightly powdery, but not cloying like the Sex Bomb or All that Jasmine bombs. Very delicate and feminine. I will say that flower petals in your bath is kind of like sex on the beach.... better in theory than in practice. The petals look lovely IN the tub, but not so lovely when you emerge OUT of the tub with flower petals stuck all over you and stuck all over your bathtub. Still, the 15 minutes in the bath with flower petals floating in your water makes you feel like a goddess. A goddess that won't have to spend an hour trying to scrub the flowers out of her tub, that is. All is forgiven.... this bomb is worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by budjaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the scent. I found it to be quite noticeable, but not overpowering. I used it with the 17 cherry tree lane soap - very nice, although I was unusually dry after the bath. My one complaint - the bath bomb is disappointing in color. My water was a purpleish gray. Blah.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2006 4:08:00 PM More reviews by 1iwilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love how this smells up my house, my skin, and lasts if i just use the 17 cherry lane soap (whicj lush discontinued.. the dumbdumbs!) i feel like a happy girl in spring.. even if it is murky fall..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 12:58:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this soo much. Smells bright- like a beautiful spring day with a hint of cherry blossoms. lovely. I toss one into my bath and I love the way it fizzes in the water. Put one underneathe your back and you get a light, tingly massage.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by SandyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this free with a Lush order. Not my favorite of their bath bombs. It is a very strong floral. If you like floral scents, you would probably like this. But I prefer foody sweet scents.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although this is not so strongly scented, it is really elegant. I agree with everyone who has called this the "grown-up" bath bomb; it feels very refined and lovely. I suppose if it were more strongly scented, it would not be so refined. I also have to say that this is the prettiest bath bomb. Most are nothing to look at, and the ones that they 'decorate' tend to be gaudy. This bath bomb is gently dappled...gorgeous!