November 27, 2014 | 1401 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Lip Service Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Queue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is okay. I keep it in one of my purses as an emergency balm, but it's definitely not my favorite. The tin is okay - I don't hate it. The moisturizing abilities of the product are okay, but nothing miraculous. The ease of use is pretty low. I can get enough product out by keeping the tin in a pocket, or by warming it in my hands for a minute, and then swirling my finger around and around and around... but I don't want to deal with all that just to get some average balm on my lips. Balm should be quick and easy. This is fine as an extra to have around, but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new go-to! My lips had just gotten that horrid pre-chapped irritated feeling, where you KNOW they're about to get chapped. What had happened was my lips (and the skin around them) had not such a great reaction to a BBQ sauce I'd tried. I had tried Burt's bees Beeswax balm, Aquaphor, Chapstick, and NONE of them were working. A friend recommended Blistex Deep Renewal, and SoftLips, and both were okay, but the problem I had was how sometimes the balms either sting (and not in the good way), or your lips get addicted to them so you have to keep reapplying. THAT was my biggest issue. I was on my way to a gathering, and my friend I was with told me to try her Lip Service. I was hooked from the get-go. I wasn't reapplying all day, there was no greasy or glossy look, and there was no stinging, just hydration! I eventually got her to give me hers then went on eBay to purchase another one to keep in my purse :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by paulyetta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely hated this product! I told the girl working at Lush about it and she agreed that it was terrible. There isn't one good thing to say about it. yucky, waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by EurasianMelange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent lip balm. I normally have lips that are always dry, chapped, sore and peeling. With this, they are plump and soft so I know this product is really moisturising and not simply sitting on my lips like a gloss.

It has a pleasant scent of tangerine and shea butter, but it is not overwhelming, nor does it have a bad taste. The balm can be rather hard and solid if you don't live in a warm climate. As a result, it can be a bit difficult to get out if you are unable to keep it in a warm place all the time.

It is expensive and the packaging is not very hygienic. It is not easy to get the product out towards the end if you like to keep your nails long.

If LUSH were to package this product as a stick, I would rate it a 5 because the lip balm does a great job keeping my normally dry lips luscious.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after trying lush's honey trap lip balm. I Love this! It has very slight tangerine scent that is barley noticeable. It very easy to apply. I haven't had any problems with it being hard. It's very moisturizing and the moisture lasts. I don't have to constantly reapply this through out the day. It leaves my lips super soft, silky, and moisturized. It's not waxy at all. This is one of the top 2 lip balms I've found. I will be purchasing this again. I would recommend this to anyone with dry lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2009 3:29:00 AM More reviews by mandeemandee

This is a nice lip balm and leaves a matte finish, but for the price it's nothing special. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by hunnygloss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!...the packaging doesnt really bother me:/ and i dont find it a pain to apply....rub your finger into it, not onto it lol..them just swirl for like 30 seconds and it melts a sufficient amount and when you apply on lips...just rub em together and oh jeeze its like icing on a cake...it moisterizes wonderfully and can see myself purchasing this over and over again:) i actually like the fact that its in a little tin and that its a little ruff...i feel like the product lasts longer:) i absolutely love this :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Pinupsundae

I bought this for my very dry lips a few months ago and haven't decided whether it was worth my time or not. The scent is pleasant and price reasonable and it feels nice on my lips. However, the packaging is a drag along with the fact it is pretty solid so literally needs to be warmed in my hands for 15 mins or so before I can apply without scooping some with the back of my nail. This just makes it frustrating to apply on the go.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Belle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This comes in a cute tin, which is quite difficult to get open.. one lipstick gone.
It takes a while to warm up under the finger enough to spread evenly on the lips, but when it's on my lips feel smooth and moisturised. I'm a complete balm addict and go though a pot of Carmex every 3 weeks. With Lip Service though I didn't feel the need to reapply every 20 minutes as my lips still felt soft, even after an hour. I like the smell, though I can see why others might not. I can still smell it a couple fo hours after I last used it. The balm has a tendency to get quite filthy aswell. Mines full of glitter and specks of black that just won't leave. Don't think I'll be buying this one again, purely because of the packaging and the hardness of it. If they softened it up and found a better tub I would definitley buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a Honey Trap girl and have mixed feelings about this. First of all, I hate the solid texture. I mean come on, balms this solid should be made into a STICK...No one wants to stand there spending half their day rubbing their fingers in their pots of balms and nodding each other greetings. I don't like to keep my balms in my pocket because I always lose them. So this is major inconvenience for me. I prefer balms I can slide my finger right on it and onto my lips easily like Honey Trap. Now off to balm itself, once you manage to get enough on your lips, I find it a TERRIFIC lip primer for lipsticks or glosses, because it is matte and pretty moisturizing. Your lipstick will not slide right off it. It does a great job at softening, it makes your lips look and feel like little airy pillows, naturally =). However this is not as moisturizing as Honey Trap for me. Smell reminds me of Lush's T tree Simplex, a discontinued lip balm and THANK GOD they discontinued it because it was the worst 10 bucks spent on anything in this whole universe. Since I hated the T tree thing so much, I don't like this smell either now. I think I will keep this just as a lip primer. I am not into those concealer lip primers, and for transparent lip primers, this is a decent buy. Product is 10g, for $8.95 CAD. It is not expensive at all, considering anything you get in the drug store is around 4g and costs around $3-4 anyway and anything below that is waxy synthetic crap. Recommend this as a lip primer, do not recommend this as a lip balm by itself.