LUSH Lip Service Lip Balm

3.9

Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) , Glycerine , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Flavor , *Limonene , *Linalool

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The problem I've had with lip balms in the past is that they don't actually HEAL my lips. They soften, but if they're already dry and flaky and disgusting, they don't really correct the problem.

Lip Service corrects the problem. 2 days ago my lips were dry and disgusting. Now they are soft and flake free.

Lip Service applies matte, and has no white cast. It's great under lipstick/gloss or on its own.

It is a little hard in the tin, but some brisk rubbing gets up enough product to apply. The best is if you can carry it in a pocket and let the heat from your body warm the product up a little. I do this at work: carry it around in my pocket and apply it as necessary. I actually like that it is a more solid product, because it means that I don't apply too much or get my finger all mucky with excess product. And it doesn't get under my nails :-)

I'm not a huge fan of the smell, which is why I've knocked a mark off, but it doesn't hang around. I can only smell it as I'm applying it. I often have trouble with strongly scented lip balms giving me a headache, but this doesn't occur with this product.

The packaging is good. A sturdy metal screw top tin. It is nice and compact and fits easily in my pocket.

I will definitely buy this product again, especially during winter as it really heals and helps my lips.

Pros: goes on matte, smells nice. Cons: almost everything else. The formula is way too hard -- I have to scrape it off with the back of my nail before applying. I get that this isn't a typical lip balm, but it just doesn't stay on my lips and keep them hydrated, so I have to reapply a lot, and what's the point of using lip balm if it isn't going to keep your lips moist? Even my rosebud salve works better than this.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This looked interesting enough so I bought one and absolutely hated it. The container is near impossible to open when you first get it, then refuses to stay closed. It's opened in my bag a few times already. The formula is very dry, I actually thought I received an old dried out one at first. The actual product is very hard to get onto your lips since it is very dry, and then can leave a white film, which is not very attractive.

My search for the perfect lip balm is finally over! Living in a dry climate with very extreme temperatures plus a lot of wind is a disaster for my lips, and having tried so many different products to keep them soft and moisturized, I can honestly say that Lip Service blows them all out of the water. Most other balms I've tried seem "addictive" to my lips... they would help for 20 minutes or so but then my lips would feel even drier than before, creating a constant cycle of re-application. Lip Service is so moisturizing, almost like a lotion for your lips that absorbs quickly and lasts for hours... although I do apply a bit more often than necessary because I love the light citrus flavor! The only cons of this product, as many reviewers have already mentioned, are the packaging and hard consistency. It would certainly be more convenient for it to be packaged in tube form, as you have to scrape it out of the pot with the back of your nail, but I don't really mind since it doesn't leave your fingers goopy or sticky like most other products. Others have mentioned the price as being a con as well, but I would disagree; at $7 CAD it's only a buck or two more than its competitor products, but lasts way longer and is far more effective. I understand not wanting to pay more than average for a product that you've never tried before, but I'm pretty sure this one will be worth your while!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This product is okay. I keep it in one of my purses as an emergency balm, but it's definitely not my favorite. The tin is okay - I don't hate it. The moisturizing abilities of the product are okay, but nothing miraculous. The ease of use is pretty low. I can get enough product out by keeping the tin in a pocket, or by warming it in my hands for a minute, and then swirling my finger around and around and around... but I don't want to deal with all that just to get some average balm on my lips. Balm should be quick and easy. This is fine as an extra to have around, but I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This is my new go-to! My lips had just gotten that horrid pre-chapped irritated feeling, where you KNOW they're about to get chapped. What had happened was my lips (and the skin around them) had not such a great reaction to a BBQ sauce I'd tried. I had tried Burt's bees Beeswax balm, Aquaphor, Chapstick, and NONE of them were working. A friend recommended Blistex Deep Renewal, and SoftLips, and both were okay, but the problem I had was how sometimes the balms either sting (and not in the good way), or your lips get addicted to them so you have to keep reapplying. THAT was my biggest issue. I was on my way to a gathering, and my friend I was with told me to try her Lip Service. I was hooked from the get-go. I wasn't reapplying all day, there was no greasy or glossy look, and there was no stinging, just hydration! I eventually got her to give me hers then went on eBay to purchase another one to keep in my purse :)

I absolutely hated this product! I told the girl working at Lush about it and she agreed that it was terrible. There isn't one good thing to say about it. yucky, waste of money!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an excellent lip balm. I normally have lips that are always dry, chapped, sore and peeling. With this, they are plump and soft so I know this product is really moisturising and not simply sitting on my lips like a gloss.

It has a pleasant scent of tangerine and shea butter, but it is not overwhelming, nor does it have a bad taste. The balm can be rather hard and solid if you don't live in a warm climate. As a result, it can be a bit difficult to get out if you are unable to keep it in a warm place all the time.

It is expensive and the packaging is not very hygienic. It is not easy to get the product out towards the end if you like to keep your nails long.

If LUSH were to package this product as a stick, I would rate it a 5 because the lip balm does a great job keeping my normally dry lips luscious.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this after trying lush's honey trap lip balm. I Love this! It has very slight tangerine scent that is barley noticeable. It very easy to apply. I haven't had any problems with it being hard. It's very moisturizing and the moisture lasts. I don't have to constantly reapply this through out the day. It leaves my lips super soft, silky, and moisturized. It's not waxy at all. This is one of the top 2 lip balms I've found. I will be purchasing this again. I would recommend this to anyone with dry lips.

This is a nice lip balm and leaves a matte finish, but for the price it's nothing special. Won't repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments