September 22, 2014 | 1071 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Styling Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by oldladychristine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This styling product works very well for fine hair. It's to be used right before styling. Package says to "saturate" hair. I tried it that way and it worked nicely to make my hair straighter, while providing some volume. I later tried this product using a bit of Kenra Platinum Styling Creme prior to spraying a little less of this lotion on my hair. I was very happy with the results. It gave my hair a little bit more manageability, without losing the style or shine I got on the first day. I also used Pureology's volumizing shampoo and conditioner, so Bumble's Styling Lotion obviously works well with other product lines. I also used this after styling on the second day and it added back the shine. So, I definitely would recommend this to anyone with fine hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by brandyalexander

Whatever this is supposed to do for my hair (I'm not really sure), I guess i's doing a good job. I apply it to my damp hair before I blow-dry and straighten and it really holds the shape of my hair! In addition, it protects my hair from the damaging heat and makes it really soft. I took one lippy off only because I find this product to be a bit sticky, but luckily that goes away after I straighten my hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by hwywmn76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I kept trying to make this work like my hairdresser wanted me to use it- as a pre-blowdrying mist, but it makes my hair look like crap, and feel like hell too. It just didn't add anything at all to my look. I needed to wash my hair sooner, and it really made it harder for me to use a brush or comb when drying. So I bailed on that whole idea...

HOWEVER , now I have started using it on my dry hair, just a LITTLE bit, & moslty on the ends, before I curl or straighten, and WOW. Much better, it helps my hair hold whatever look I am going for, and with any luck actually is protecting my strands from further damage.

I am thrilled that it has a second life as I felt foolish for spending the $$ and sitting here with another unused bottle of....stuff. But I'm still not bowled over with it as a whole, and was very unhappy with the performance as a preblowout mist.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by chimchim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have dry, chin-length curly hair and this product works well for me. I spray it on my towel-dried hair, distribute it with my fingers or a wide-tooth comb and let my hair air-dry. My curls are nicely shaped, soft with a bit of hold and absolutely no crunch. I haven't yet experienced frizzies, but it's not humid yet. We'll see what happens in the middle of summer. Stay tuned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bumble & Bumble has quickly become my HG for hair. I love all their products that I've used. This is great for making my hair look sleek and chic all day because when I used regular hair products once I walked out the door my hair was dull. I love that I can use this on my dry hair to take excess flyaways and right before I use my blow dryer and straightner. I also love the smell, it reminds me of honeysuckle. Once again, I'm not too happy about the price but I'll be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

This has become a HG staple for my curly frizzy locks. I spray this onto damp towel dried hair and then I run my hands through my hair to make sure the product is evenly distributed. Then, I let it air dry. Once it is dry, I turn my head upside down, side to side, shaking it all out and sorta bunching my hair up with my hands. I do this a few times and I end up with soft, full, beautiful curls. The finished look is very beachy with a cool bedhead like vibe.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by poetrygroupie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my staple styling spray. It offers light-to-medium hold and lift for when I'm blow-drying my heavy, thick hair. My hair remains soft to the touch, yet remains styled all day. The only problem I have is that I don't get much product for the price--I'm out before I can blink!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by rachybloom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

MEH is all I have to say. Everytime I use this product I end up throwing my hair into a loose bun because my hair looks DULL, it looks FRIZZY, and it doesn't hold style at all. For reference, I have very straight hair that is fine in texture but thick in weight, so it's really difficult to find products that hold a wave for me. This just makes my hair go flat and eliminates all the shine my hair has. It literally looks like I haven't washed my hair in a few days when I use this.. just dull and gross. Extremely disappointing product, but I seem to be the only one who dislikes it. I usually love Bumble and Bumble products but I can't believe I wasted so much money on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mellowlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very impressed with what this product does. I spray it on towel-dried hair before blow-drying and it holds shape extremely well. It smooths down hair, adds volume and seems to help with frizz. Love it! Only thing is that like most hair products, hair starts feeling a little sticky the next day (if I don't wash my hair).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The hairdresser sprayed this on my hair after Tonic Lotion. The blowout looked fabulous and lasted 6 days (a cold front came though East FL). I bought travel sizes and used them when the humidity was back up. I got past no more than 2 days before my halo frizz showed up. I tried Styling Lotion to straighten my bangs during another recent cold front and it worked great on its own. I'm going to exchange Tonic Lotion for Defrizz in hopes of better control in humid weather.