Avene Soothing Moisture Mask

Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil PEG-6 esters, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, microcrystalline wax, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, carbomer, disodium EDTA, fragrance*, phenyltrimethicone.
Formerly: Instant Soothing Mask

on 4/22/2012 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a GWP full size no less and finally, after a round of trying to find a new moisturizer and turning bright red and burning up, I found this on my counter and said, oooo I need to try it. And I did - wore it in the sun all day as a moisturizer under my Avene SPF50 sunscreen and let me tell you, it completely calmed my skin and my skin has not yet started to hurt again and it's been 12 hours. This is a good sign - no burn, itch, redness and I am still moisturized. I do love Avene. Hard to get here in Texas, while in Canada I can get it anywhere - but I can order it online and I think I will stick to Avene for my day skin care regime.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love using this as a night cream. I've noticed that my skin no longer has any dry patches, even in the winter time, and this has not caused any breakouts for me. I only use a pea size amount because this is concentrated enough to not have to use a lot. I don't see the point in using this as a mask because it just seems like a heavy night cream. This hasn't irritated my skin at all and the only downfall would be the price of $30 CDN.

on 12/12/2011 4:08:00 PM

This mask feels more like lotion than a mask and it starts to evaporate if you leave it on for a long time but it is soothing. I use it when my face starts to get irritated and red and it helps calm the skin. I find I have to use a lot in order to really cover my face so you don't get your money's worth in my opinion but I would still buy it again because I need something to soothe my sensitive skin when it gets irritated.

on 12/3/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Like someone else said, I have to have this on hand. I have moved thru my Dermalogica phase and am now back to Avene. I have tried many of their products, and what prompted me was my totally dried out, wrecked complexion But specifically, the Soothing Moisture Mask was the hero. I thought it would make me break out due to the mineral oil (second ingredient) but...no, surprisingly! I have to be careful with this tho, I am sure using it too often will clog my pores. I will buy again, for sure =j

on 11/22/2011 4:52:00 PM

This is one of my always-have-to-have-on-hand products. I have sensitive combination skin which is randomly reactive to various cosmetics. This is wonderful to calm my skin down when it does react, it helps it cool down and return to it's normal colour if it's gone bright red! It feels very cooling and soothing. It has lovely moisturising properties but I don't find this an issue with my sometimes oily skin. Feels lovely and is one of my hero products - a real beauty saviour!

on 11/18/2011 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has helped my problematic skin a lot (oily-yet dehydrated-acne prone skin). It has moisturizing properties, so i stopped peeling due winter time. Also it calms and helps with redness. No breakouts and leaves skin amazingly soft during days.

on 11/2/2011 6:16:00 PM

This product is a lifesaver. I have fairly blemish prone skin that isn't at all sensitive, but after using a very harsh cleanser (Murad), my skin started to itch, flake, and look like incredibly dehydrated — smiling hurt a lot, and you could see - even in a low resolution photo - that the skin texture looked kind of lizard-y. I tried all kinds of things - worked through 1/3 of a bottle of Trilogy's rosehip oil within a week (day AND night, very very generously) applied to very damp skin, underneath Decleor's baume essentiel. A week later, the itching had stopped (barely), but everything else still looked awful. Then I did a little research, and bought the Avene thermal water spray, and the moisture mask. Two days later, everything was back to normal. The mask was amazing - the ingredient list looks fairly simple, but it actually pushes moisture back into the skin. Cleanse, spray with the thermal water, apply a thinnish layer of the mask, watch a movie, and either leave it on over night, or tissue it off. I wouldn't use this every week though - may be a bit too much for people who are prone to congestion.

on 10/29/2011 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yikes, my skin reacted really badly to this product and flared up bright red! Not sure what is in it that my skin doesnt like as I dont normally have many problems with Avene (although my skin hated the recovery cream as well). Shame!

on 10/1/2011 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Great for soothing skin dehydrated by acne regimens. It has a cooling feeling which is agreeable. The scent is not overpowering either. I find it works best in combination with the Avene gentle purifying scrub (before) and the Avene mist (after).

on 9/21/2011 12:35:00 PM

I am disapointed with this product,in fact the serum same line and this mask are a wasting of money and time.I just need it a treatment for my sensitive,dehydrated, irritated skin to use it in winter or when i need emergency help.After i test it so many products over the years,now i start to realise that "soothing" and "calming" are just words and nothing really do the job.
This avene mask gives you a cooling feeling while wearing the mask.After i remove the mask and use also thermal water..i saw i still had redness.Also few hours later in evening and even before bed i still had those red spots on cheeks.
I am very dissapointed becouse i spend so much money on Avene product and 95% of them are really boring ,full of parabens,pegs and other chemical stuff ..and then i can get on less money same boring products on other non expensive brands.Really Avene sells the brand not any decent skin remedy.I wonder if someday Ystheal and Eluage disappear then who will be intersted about this brand?
Very disapointed just 1lipie,dont plan getting this ever.

Popular Masks