Avene Soothing Moisture Mask

Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil PEG-6 esters, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, microcrystalline wax, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, carbomer, disodium EDTA, fragrance*, phenyltrimethicone.
Formerly: Instant Soothing Mask

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this during the winter when my skin was extra dry thinking maybe it would be a good boost of moisture. Despite the directions saying to just tissue off I gently wipe with a damp wash cloth after as well otherwise my skin felt too greasy. This definitely helped sooth my skin and reduced redness while also providing moisture but a little too much moisture. Every morning after I used it I would wake up with a small pimple or two which I don't usually get. It was worth a try and I'll use the tube up but won't repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I'm basically one of those unfortunate individuals with really REALLY dry skin, and with eczema, that can only watch others play around with fancy schmancy facial masks and various exciting products, because if I did that, I would not only experience slightly discomfort - my skin would go into total meltdown. But since Avene had a soothing moisture mask specifically aimed at sensitive skintypes, I gave it a go. And I'm glad I did. It does everything it says on the package; it sooths, it provides moisture and the best part is that you can either wash it off if you want, but you can also safely wipe excess off with a pad and leave it at that. I love it, and I can fell it really hydrates my skin, which it desperately needs. Mild and sensitive even for me, and for that reason I would highly recommend it to others. My only bad comment would be the price, and the ammount of product you actually get for it. After all, you do need quite a bit to cover all your face in a nice semi-thick layer of soothing delisciousness - which my skin loves :) I will definately repurchase once I'm out!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I just love this mask!!
It's so soothing, so hydrating, there's nothing I love more than this Avene Instant Soothing Mask when I look for moiturisation and soothe.
Great product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a GWP full size no less and finally, after a round of trying to find a new moisturizer and turning bright red and burning up, I found this on my counter and said, oooo I need to try it. And I did - wore it in the sun all day as a moisturizer under my Avene SPF50 sunscreen and let me tell you, it completely calmed my skin and my skin has not yet started to hurt again and it's been 12 hours. This is a good sign - no burn, itch, redness and I am still moisturized. I do love Avene. Hard to get here in Texas, while in Canada I can get it anywhere - but I can order it online and I think I will stick to Avene for my day skin care regime.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love using this as a night cream. I've noticed that my skin no longer has any dry patches, even in the winter time, and this has not caused any breakouts for me. I only use a pea size amount because this is concentrated enough to not have to use a lot. I don't see the point in using this as a mask because it just seems like a heavy night cream. This hasn't irritated my skin at all and the only downfall would be the price of $30 CDN.

This mask feels more like lotion than a mask and it starts to evaporate if you leave it on for a long time but it is soothing. I use it when my face starts to get irritated and red and it helps calm the skin. I find I have to use a lot in order to really cover my face so you don't get your money's worth in my opinion but I would still buy it again because I need something to soothe my sensitive skin when it gets irritated.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Like someone else said, I have to have this on hand. I have moved thru my Dermalogica phase and am now back to Avene. I have tried many of their products, and what prompted me was my totally dried out, wrecked complexion But specifically, the Soothing Moisture Mask was the hero. I thought it would make me break out due to the mineral oil (second ingredient) but...no, surprisingly! I have to be careful with this tho, I am sure using it too often will clog my pores. I will buy again, for sure =j

This is one of my always-have-to-have-on-hand products. I have sensitive combination skin which is randomly reactive to various cosmetics. This is wonderful to calm my skin down when it does react, it helps it cool down and return to it's normal colour if it's gone bright red! It feels very cooling and soothing. It has lovely moisturising properties but I don't find this an issue with my sometimes oily skin. Feels lovely and is one of my hero products - a real beauty saviour!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has helped my problematic skin a lot (oily-yet dehydrated-acne prone skin). It has moisturizing properties, so i stopped peeling due winter time. Also it calms and helps with redness. No breakouts and leaves skin amazingly soft during days.

This product is a lifesaver. I have fairly blemish prone skin that isn't at all sensitive, but after using a very harsh cleanser (Murad), my skin started to itch, flake, and look like incredibly dehydrated — smiling hurt a lot, and you could see - even in a low resolution photo - that the skin texture looked kind of lizard-y. I tried all kinds of things - worked through 1/3 of a bottle of Trilogy's rosehip oil within a week (day AND night, very very generously) applied to very damp skin, underneath Decleor's baume essentiel. A week later, the itching had stopped (barely), but everything else still looked awful. Then I did a little research, and bought the Avene thermal water spray, and the moisture mask. Two days later, everything was back to normal. The mask was amazing - the ingredient list looks fairly simple, but it actually pushes moisture back into the skin. Cleanse, spray with the thermal water, apply a thinnish layer of the mask, watch a movie, and either leave it on over night, or tissue it off. I wouldn't use this every week though - may be a bit too much for people who are prone to congestion.

Popular Masks