July 23, 2014 | 2240 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Fig Lip Shimmer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

this does not have any shimmer/ glitter in it, unlike the others!

Don't be intimidated by the dark red/brown color in the tube...because on application it looks like "Your Lips But Better".....the color is natural looking ...
it also makes ur lips look plumper because of the color, and the moisture it gives

i think I will always have this around with me
EDIT....this makes ur lips look reallly moist/wet
i like matte chapsticks, but its color is real nice tho

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by scribbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I originally wanted the merlot or guava, but they ran out of those at my local drugstore. So, I grabbed this instead (b/c it was the next most sold-out color =p), and it's lovely! I usually can't wear blue-ish berry colors, but this one is just right. It's a little bit darker than my natural color.

It's lighter than regular lipsticks, and less drying. Definitely not crumbly like some users have said! I can layer it on a bit, and my lips still won't look overdone. And it's convenient to reapply since it's packaged like the Soft-lips lip balm. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ounces

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG for lips! Keep in mind that is not a product one should use for moisturizing purposes, as it will likely disappoint. I use this instead of lipstick on most days. I line my lips first, apply the Burts, then put on a little bit of lip gloss in a similar shade. It is the perfect color on me, very natural looking - I don't even need a mirror to put it on evenly. This means I can reapply whenever during the day because it just looks like I am putting on some chapstick, not whipping out the old compact and lipstick tube and painting my face in public. Love the minty tingle, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have tried several of these and the only one i can wear is champagne, they are sooo red. Anyway i got this as a gift and i expected it would be waay to dark. I am pleased to report it is a very natural mauveish reddish brown. just a smidge darker than my natural lip color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 8:36:00 AM More reviews by 4tee1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My lips but better ~ Fig's a great color, I'd say the description earthy red is very accurate on my coloring, I have a hard time wearing bright or bluish reds. This one's just right! Cheep too, which is a great bonus. My local Walgreens is ALWAYS out of this color. Must mean lots of people like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2007 3:05:00 AM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG!!! I received this as an extra in a swap and it's HG for me! I'm a light olive MMM and this brownish rose is *amazing*. My lips are not very pigmented, so this is a beautiful brown on me - my perfect brown! Very warm, beautifully neutral. I can wear it as a strong lip or as a neutral with strong eyes - just amazing. The best part? It feels soooooooo good! Very smooth. It tastes like peppermint and my lips tingle a little at first, but it's very subtle. This is the first Burt's Bees product I've ever tried - not the last, though, I'm going to check out their other lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by jatosch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I just bought this in Fig, which is a great brownish/red color. The texture goes on like a lip balm and doesn't feel too heavy. Also, it is so inexpensive! I really like this product, and I am excited to try the other colors in this line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lovefragrance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fig is a nice mauvey/ pink/earth color.... whatever the "description" is on websites etc. ..... that's what it is..... basically a mauve (a warmer mauve).... Very wearable and versatile...... a nice "neutral" color to wear by itself or with a "strong" eye etc. ..... all natural ingredients a plus.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2005 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sparky17

I love this lipstick. It glides on nicely and imparts a subtle red-brown tint to the lips. Love the texture, love the color, love the taste and smell. Careful leaving this in the car during warm months, it will melt just enough for the 'stick to break when you try to apply it. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 9:52:00 AM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This the ultimate fall lipstick for fair-skinned ladies (or gents, if they're into that). As noted by the other reviewers, it's a medium rose-brown that's fairly matte. I dab it on so it's not too thick, and sometimes put a gloss over it. It gives your lips a nice tingly sensation and brightens your face without calling too much attention to itself.