Redken Clear Moisture Shampoo

3.6

Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Coco-betaine, glycol distearate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, parfum, Sodium Benzoate, hexylene glycol, cocamide mipa, salicylic acid, carbomer, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, linalool, limonene, arginine, hydrolyzed soy protein, methyl cocoate, sodium cocoate, Hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol, citric acid.

on 12/18/2007 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used some Redken products, Smooth Down (which was too heavy for my hair), All Soft, which was alright but I got bored with it. I have fine hair, but TONS of it. Its also colored and highlighted. I don't like shampoos and conditioners that add a lot of stuff and weigh my hair down...that is the last thing I need with my hair. What I need is a shampoo and condish that adds some good moisture to my hair, protects color and doesn't weigh my hair down. And Clear Moisture shampoo does that for me. It cleans with out adding extra stuff in my hair to weigh it down. Yes, there is a scent to it, some would call it a "manly" scent, I find it to be a fresh scent. I like it.

I find this shampoo to be a good one and my hair likes it. It leaves my hair clean, soft and bouncy. I would repurchase.

on 11/9/2007 11:24:00 AM

There's nothing special about this shampoo. It cleaned alright. Not particularly well, but also didn't seem to strip my hair too much. I haven't used it enough to know if it dries hair over time. I wasn't really impressed though, so I won't repurchase. I think Nexxus Sleektress is a far better shampoo if you are looking for one that gently (but thoroughly) cleans without drying. I also find the smell of this annoying. It's sort of like men's cologne. I like some of the Redken styling products, but have been underwhelmed by the line's shampoos and regular conditioners.

on 10/9/2007 6:14:00 PM

Okay, first the fragrance is amazing and wonderful. It's sort of like CK Truth or Feu D'Issey, a fresh watery greenish yummy musky smell. Second, this cleans my hair really well unlike most Redken shampoos, my hair actually feels clean after using this. Third, the shine factor is insane. I get compliments on my shiny hair every day from this and the Clear Moisture conditioner. I also love the Water Rush treatment. I love getting compliments on my hair, so I will continue to use this until hell freezes over or I until I stop getting compliments.

on 4/12/2007 7:59:00 PM

This is touted as providing light moisture for normal to dry hair. I think it does this. It wouldn’t be overly moisturising for those with dry hair but at the same time it wouldn’t weigh down fine hair. It’s a rich, pearly white cream that lathers well and smells like a basic bubble bath foam. I think this is a good everyday shampoo.

on 4/1/2007 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've been using this and the conditioner for about 4 months now (I have the liter bottles). My stylist had recommended this to me and it's cheaper to buy the big bottles. This shampoo and conditioner have given me "normal" hair. Which is a lot better than usual. My hair is soft, shiny, smooth, and frizz free. I have really thick, past shoulder length hair that usually poofs up when I blow dry (even with an ionic frizz reducing dryer and brush). The Smooth down had left my hair dry, and the All Soft weighed my hair down. This is just the right amount of moisture for normal to slightly dry hair. I keep wanting to switch to something else, but every time I try, my hair is awful, so I just come back to this and my hair is fine.

on 2/2/2007 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My stylist recommended this...I bought it, used it once or twice, and then didn't use it for a few months. Last night on a whim I washed my hair with this, and today, I've been sitting at my desk, dabbing my face with a Benadryl "Itch Relief Stick" to combat the itchy rash left behind by this shampoo. I know it was this, as it's only on the places my hair touches, plus my scalp is itching terribly as well. Into the trash it goes! I hate sulfates.

on 11/2/2006 6:15:00 AM

bought this on recommendation from my hairdresser and quite pleased. does it job - cleans without buildup or weighting hair down. doesnt strip of moisture that much. pleasant, light smell.
its the only shampoo i can use at the moment that doesnt leave too much build up or feel too sqeaky clean

Eh, honestly, I don't see anything spectacular about this line at all. It's o.k. I used the poo and the matching cond. which left my hair pretty soft and nicely detangled, but it also left it pretty flat looking as well. I have wavy, baby fine hair that is on the thick side, so it's either flat or poofy and I'd rather have poofy hair anyday than flat! I bought the trial sizes at Ulta, thankfully. I went to Redken.com to see what they would suggest for my hair and this wasn't it, so obviously I picked the wrong products, which makes sense. They suggested the Body Full poo and the Fresh Curls cond. (since I have wavy hair), so I'll go and pick up the trial sizes of those and see if they're a better match for me. This isn't a bad product at all, don't get me wrong, it's like I said, it's just not meant for my hair type.

Excellent shampoo! Does everything that other shampoos claim to do. Perfectly moisturizing, no build-up, and excellent for fine hair! Will not weigh hair down. My hair has never felt so good after using this shampoo. If I had to change something, I would change the scent. The scent now is rather bland and unflattering. It's a little to pricey for me, so I only get to buy it for a treat to myself.

on 7/26/2006 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I always stick to the Redken line. This shampoo is lightweight but I prefer the Body Full line for my long wavy hair since it is lightweight and boosts my waves.