September 30, 2014 | 1039 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by ohsailor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product because I've had such success with Avene Cleanance cleanser. I also was interested as it was a mainstream branded product available in the high street which contained BHA and AHA.
Initially, this was an amazing product. It dealt effectively with blemishes and every day I woke up, my skin looked better and better. However, it does reach a point in which it doesn't improve any more, potentially due to the strength of the BHA and AHA.
The effects will tail off and it there comes a time when it won't get any better and more stronger products may need to be used if there continues to be a problem with PIH.
I used this on holiday - a time when unfortunately, I did not keep up my usual obsessive skin care routine and my skin erupted. I continued to use Cleanance K in the hope that it might help but my skin got worse and worse as Cleanance K isn't for moderate acne.
It isn't strong enough for moderate cases which is disappointing but neither are most high street products.
The packaging is excellent - hygenic and easy to pump out as much of the product as necessary.
I worry that the consistency is quite clogging and seems quite thick despite the fact that there is a gel-like consistency. It can be quite tacky once applied and takes a while to dry.
The pricing from Boots, the retailer in the high street, was on par with most other more high-end French brands and I would consider it value for money as it has far more active ingredients than a lot of other products from other companies.

I would probably re-purchase this if my acne hadn't got considerably worse as Cleanance K just won't be able to tackle it.

I have rated it three out of five overall because Cleanance K definitely has its benefits but I think it will only be effective for really mild cases of acne or for people whose skin just needs brightening and chemically exfoliating.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Kunnar

This product is "ok".

I used it in a moment when I was not having too much acne but my biggest problem were the fresh red marks left by acne.
It helped.
Of course, cause it contains AHA (Glycolic acid and lactic acid which help in exfoliating and in brightening the skin).
What I don't like about this product, even though many people have been loving it, is the feel it leaves on my skin: yes it feels smooth, but it is because of the massive amount of silicones which are inside.
The second ingredient is Cyclomethicone, a silicon. It is NOT our skin that feels smooth, it is just the silicon which feels smooth. This is also what is clogging the pores of many people here: too much silicon gets stuck there.

I give a lot of importance to the ingredients now. I didn't, when I bought this product. Won't buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by gale2509

I really wanted to love this product after years of using avene water and the soapless cleansing gel. I've been experiencing a very stubborn, bizarre breakout on either side of my chin. I was really hoping this would be the one product to show some results. I've been using this product every night for 2 months after double cleansing, it burns like hell for starters, also has a very distinct smell of vinegar, which definitely threw me?! It doesn't appear to have made a single bit of difference, in fact I'm now suffering a lot more redness in the areas on my chin and temples that I'm applying this product. I rarely write a product off without good reason but IMO this is not worth wasting money on. It's a thumbs down from me ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by cookielips

This is probably the only treatment which i saw an improvement on my acne. I brought it from a recommendation from a esthetician. She said in the first 4 weeks, my skin will show more blemish/acne because the product is working in my skin, but after you will see improvement.

She was right. i did see an improvement. My skin appears more clearer than before. What's left on my skin is some hyperpigmentation from the blemish and certain pimple that always come back on the same spot. My skin is less red than before. I'm just happy my acne is actually healing itself. It takes time. You can't ever pick on the pimple. All your effort will be wasted because what's the use of aggravating it.

The mistake i did is as soon as my skin was pimple free. I used Arcona the solution to treat the hyperpigmentation left by the pimple. I got break-outs and i had to repeat the whole process of 4 weeks of exfoliating all the impurities, etc. And i used non comodogenic makeup...

So to keep and to gradually improve your nearly-pimple free skin, you can't stop the treatment. It's a long time commitment. I once didn't put any treatment on my face, and my acne was so bad, my skin is red, etc. So i will always repurchase this product since i lost faith on my dermatologist.

The only inconvenient is how it sits on your skin. It's like oily residue sitting on your skin. So i only use at night.

Also i recommend using a spot treatment if you feel a pimple coming up. This product improve most of your skin but there's always this annoying pimple that come up.

my skin routine consist of alpha h balancing cleanser, avene cleanance k and la roche posay effaclar k (for my spot, it supposed to do the same thing as cleanance k, but it didn't work for me. I didn't want to waste the product so i put a dap of the product on a pimple. After 3 days, the pimple is gone. But in my case, when a pimple is gone, it leave a dark spot --- hyperpigmentation.)
i have been using this product daily for 2 months and still using it. There's some stubborn pimple that needs more time. So i hope in 2 months, something will dissapear. Hope it was helpful for some of you.

Also i have combinaison skin, but it gets oily when it's my time of the month.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It made my skin itchy. Why there is no oil free moisturiser for this range is beyond me. This exacerbated my acne. :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Angelamila

It helps with depressed acne scars - it seems to narrow them a little bit.
Other than that, I see no magical effect. After two months of once per day usage: Black- and whiteheads did not disappear, skin tone is the same, breakouts same as before.

I did not expect much, so i wasn't really disappointed. This product will help, but won't prevent acne in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by lonelylonely21

This product is my HR product in this past few months I had redness and acnes on my face, and after using this it completely clears up the acne and the redness is reduced for me I use it everyday and only apply it on some acne spot and some part that have redness anyway it works great for me :D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by izafasiha

my skin condition: i have a very bad breakouts on my forehead and cheeks. i can say its moderate. not the pustule type but more to whiteheads and blackheads, some redness, oily-combination skin, large pores and so on. its been like that as far as i can remember.

so as usual when going to the drugstore i will usually try to find a new product that will help to clear my acne (after a lot of using other products that fail). so the sales girl introduce me with this product since its good for sensitive skin which means its not harsh. i bought the trial pack and find it quite OK. doesn't show much improvements on my acne though. and i say well, there goes another product that doesn't work.

a few months later, i bought the full size version of cleanance K after doing some research and reading about the benefits of exfoliators to clear acne. when i put it on my face, it stings a little. the sting goes away after a few minutes. i put it on at night only because it makes my skin sticky and oily in the morning when using it along with an oil free moisturiser and sunscreen (my country is very hot with 32 degrees celcius during the day).

so after a few days, my cheeks which were usually less oily, have reduced in the number of pimples but i have red dry patches which were very itchy and couldn't be covered with makeup. my forehead becomes worse. more bumps purging and also 2 large itchy, dry patches that even i applied moisturiser could not reduce the dryness. i have to reduce the amount and apply it on alternate days to reduce the side effects.

so now i'm still continuing to use the product in hoping for it to clear my acne because i have tried it on my back acne and the good news is MY BACK ACNE CLEARS UP! yes, it totally clears up. not a single pimple anymore. just dark scars left. i am so happy with the results! i applied it once a day at night only. i am patiently using it for my face although it gives some side effects in hoping for it to clear up just like my back.

for the price, i think it's quite pricey for a drugstore product but with the results that i get, i'm ok with it. I'm running out of the current bottle that i use and certainly i will re-purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by IsabellaDubose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this with the deep pore foaming cleanser at s$39.90 at watsons Singapore.
After two times of usage you could see tiny zits popping out. They do not hurt and look like swollen white heads probably purged out from below the skin surface. I have badly clogged pores so I'll update in the future if this really works.
As for the packaging the nozzle is small enough and dispenses enough when you squeeze it out. You don't really need a lot, especially if you just start using it.
Anyway, do make sure not to apply anything after using this. I applied Khiel's ultra facial oil free gel creme and it stung so badly. I had bright red patches that hurt like crazy. Thankfully I had some avene water around and applied it liberally with some Muji mask sheets, which removed the redness in 30minutes time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by simpletina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product every night for 7 weeks and it has really helped to clear up my ance. My skin is not perfect as I still have spots appearing on my chin but this reduces them. Nothing has helped it as much as this product!