October 31, 2014 | 752 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Automatic Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by annabellegan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Criteria for THE Liquid Eyeliner: Quick and efficient ease of use that produces impressive results.

This is as flawless a performance I've gotten out of a liquid eyeliner in my two decades-long quest for gorgeously, professionally lined peepers. One click is sufficient to dispense just the right amount of ink to line an entire eyelid, without the hassle of additional touch-ups. The felt tip is firm enough to render control of lining extremely precise and a complete breeze. I loathe those skinny, skimpy, bendy little brush tips that make application a massively messy bitch. I have neither time nor patience to wrestle with leaky, smudge-prone liners that require the iron-stable, tremble-proof hands of a makeup pro to handle. It does not matter if thin, along-the-lash-line application or Amy Winehouse's aggro wingtips are your thang, this baby can and will meet all your lining needs. Perfection in a pen and truly indispensable.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a present, so I don't know how much this costs.

I absolutely love the packaging. It makes it easy to apply and the tip is very soft on the delicate eye area.

I have this in brown, and the pigment is pretty light. Compared to Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner, Chanel's brown is really light. But... it is nice for a natural look.

The staying power is pretty good too. I usually put UDPP on my eye lids but when I tried this I didn't. I also have very oily eye lids, so it surprised me to see how well it stayed on.

Again, I can't comment on the price as I got this as a gift, but the eyeliner, in brown, gives a very nice natural look, it made my eyes seem angelic =)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by madi22

i didnt really like it, because the right amount of product dosnt come out, but i love the packaging.
p.s. love chanel products but not this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in both black and brown. I use the black for drawing a fine line and, if I want a thick line I use the brown as I find with my fair skin and red hair that black looks too overpowering.

It is very easy to apply and does last longer than any other eyeliner I have used although it's not perfect - it does tend to come off at the inner and outer corners of the eye. This is easily rectified with a touch up.

But it is so expensive! It cost me 20.55 - for each one! I have never bought an eyeliner that cost as much as this. I have been keeping a tally to see how long it lasts to see if it really is good value for money. I have used the black one (as a fine line only - so not using a lot each time) nearly every day for nearly four weeks and it's still going strong. I'm hoping there's a lot more in there and that it will therefore prove to work out cheaper than I thought. As for the brown one, I have only used it a few times, drawing a thick line, so it's too soon to say.

The packaging is superb - looks just as expensive as it is!

UPDATE: I have upgraded this to a 5 because it really does last and last! I've had it 4 months, using almost every day and there's no sign of it running out. My only complaint was the price but if it lasts this long that brings the cost per wear down considerably.
SECOND UPDATE: I have now bought this in Anthracite as well - ostensibly dark grey although in practice I have found that it does look almost black

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by noellesmommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is, hands down, the best eyeliner I have ever used. It is literally the only eyeliner I have ever tried that looks as perfect when I go to remove it as night as it did when I put it on in the morning!

I have searched for years for an eyeliner that can meet the twin challenges of the unbelievable amount of oil my eyelids produce as well as the amount of water they produce, which causes little globs of liner to accumulate in the corners of my eyes. With this liner I am finally free to stop checking in the mirror for smears and globs every half hour!

The pointy tip and thin liquid consistency make this super easy to apply. I find it works best when I shake it really well, and then turn it until it clicks twice before I apply it to each eye. I even use it to fill in my lashline between the lashes and on my upper waterline, and it stays perfect and precisely applied all day. Even my husband, who never notices anything with my makeup, commented how "fresh" and "neat" my makeup looked all day!

If you have oily skin, I definitely recommend you give this a try. As others have mentioned, the only downside is the price. But for me, I have found my HG eyeliner in this product, and don't mind the price because it works so well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this liner more than any other liquid liner I've tried. Pricey, yes, but Chanel is worth it to me. Once you get the hang of how to apply the type of line you want, it's easy enough. And it stays put for the most part, a definite plus for those of us whose eyelids aren't as "lifted" as we may like. A definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

With this I can do the most perfect line in my eyes.This is because of the tip of this liner that is extra thin but also very stable!The color is great I own the 70 Anthracite,it's a deep metallic gray color.and the staying power is perfect(it's waterproof)The only negative is the price :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by nadyazus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have finally found it. My HG eyeliner. It is the best liquid eyeliner I have ever used, and I have tried quite a few but this is the only one that is actually very easy to apply if what you want is a thin line just at your top lashline. It has a little brush at the tip which is quite firm so you get loads of control and you can draw a very thin line if you wanted to. The colour, I have black, is quite watery and looks more like a brown on your skin but it is very easy to build it up. Just wait till it dries, doesn't take long, and then go over it again, and again if you want a really dark line. I find that I have to click it no more than a couple of times to get out enough product to do one eye. Overall it is quite expensive at 21.00 but I am willing to pay that price for a product that gives me such ease of application and precision.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by jaz_go

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Update 9/11/08: my HG is Lancome's Artliner. Much easier to use and superb staying power!

I have really oily lids and my eyeliner either smears or transfers to my lids or under my eyes. So far, only MAC Liquidlast stays/lasts on me...but I hate the brush and how goopy the product becomes after a while! So I decided to give this Chanel one a try and it gets 5-stars for staying power! It's right up there with the Liquidlast. Alas, it is still not perfect. You have to twist one of the ends to get product out from the brush. If there's not enough, you can't make a clean line. If there's too much, I have to dab the brush tip on a tissue to get rid of the excess (what a waste!). Still I would choose this over the Liquidlast. I do not normally use UDPP or other primers, by the way.

Another runner-up is Guerlain's Divinora Eyeliner but still not quite perfect.

Other eyeliners that I've tried and that have failed me (even with UDPP and eye makeup):
1) MAC Fluidlines
8) LM Cake Eyeliner
9) BB Long-wear Gel Eyeliner
10) Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner Pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 5:43:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

Ive always dissed liquid liners because they look too precise and too sharp. I prefer the softer smudged look of kohls. Ive used tons of Kohls (and very expensive ones) but i can never single out anyone of them as 100% indestructible. They will, under some circumstances, leave me with ugly raccooned eyes, and that is unacceptable for me.

Are you a perfectionist like i am? Then get yourself this product. This is the only thing that does not smear and also the only thing that has worked for my bottom lashline. I have very watery and oily eyelids, mark my words. I dont care for the price, all i care is that i can now have perfectly lined eyes ALL DAY, bottom or top lashline, without worrying about morphing into a badass panda.

///// UPDATE: As if this product was not good enough, i actually found an even better one. For those who are interested in Japanese eyeliners, check out Kanebo LUNASOL's Noble Eyes Liner!!!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No