MAC Fast Play (Amplified)

4.2

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

This is my first pink shade lipstick EVER. I've always been intimidated by pink toned lipsticks, but Fast Play is a nude pink that is incredibly wearable. The amplified cream finish is a bonus to me! I will repurchase this in the future. For reference I'm C4/NC30.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Definitely looks darker on me than it did in the store, however, still a very wearable pink neutral shade. I like the texture a lot, too. I love MAC lipsticks but wish the packaging were different - standing up, they all look the same, and with the rounded top, I can't stand them upside down to read the shade names on the bottom.

I write the shade names on the tops with a silver sharpie and stand them up together. It's worked out fantastically well as a shade-identifying system, but I wish I didn't have to!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE this lipstick! NW45 for reference. This is the perfect nude pink for my skin tone and the amplified formula rocks. This is my first MAC lippie along with Girl About Town, which I'm too chicken to wear. Got it from B2M so I can't complain about the price, lol. BUT I will buy again once I run out!

This is the first MAC lipstick I ever bought. I absolutely love it! In fact, I have two of them! Its creamy and moisturizing. Its a pink mauvy color and I just love it! It also matches my NC20 skin very well. The only thing I dont like about MAC lipstick is they dont come with enough lipstick and they run out really fast for me. MAC lipsticks literally last me like two weeks only

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I once read in a popular beauty mag that your best lip color is, "your exact lip shade but turned up a notch...". When shopping for lippies, I try to play by that 'rule'. Even though my skin tone is light/med, I have naturally dark pigmented lips...like a medium wine/berry shade. FAST PLAY is very similar to my natural lip color, only maybe just a tad darker, and compliments me very well. I use it as an everyday lippie. MAC classifies this as an "AMPLIFIED CREAM", that is supposed to plump the lips. I really don't notice that this makes my lips any larger, but I really don't care about that. FAST PLAY is for sure an everyday staple for me these days.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I went into Harvey Nichols in London looking for a nude lipstick, and somehow the MAC MA persuaded me that this was the one. On the MAC website it's described as a 'slow and dirty neutral pink', which seems like rubbish to me! I'd describe it as a dull browny wine colour, which isn't too dark. The texture is lovely, but the colour on me looks terrible. Moral of the story- don't buy lipstick in Harvey Nicks, as the lighting is so distorted you will not get an accurate impression of the colour - I've had three lipstick mishaps from there because of this!

I love this color. I've spent like five years looking for a decent dark shade and I finally discovered this. Spotted it in the MAC lipstick display and decided on a whim to try it and it's the only dark shade that actually makes my lips look fuller and gives me a healthy flush instead of totally washing me out or making me look pallid. :) Some other reviewers said it looks plum or pinky on them - on me it takes on more of a brick red/ruddy/deep reddish tone. Love it. :)

Love this! I love the amplified creme finish, and I love the color. If you look good with makeup that has brown undertones, then you will look good in this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really versatile lipstick - I wear in lightly for work (for a lovely MLBB shade) or slightly heavier when going out in the evening and it is a bold rosy brown colour. Like all amplified MAC lipsticks it is really well pigmented and I find it quite moisturising (although I still always wear a lip balm underneath). Smells great too - like vanilla. This lipstick, along with my other fave MAC lipstick Twig (satin), are the two I buy again and again and wear everyday!

MAC website calls Fast Play a "slow and dirty neutral pink." On me its plum. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I'm a little bored by it. But despite MAC's hyperbolic description, I end up wearing this color often, especially in fall/winter. Has really good staying power (Amplified formula does on me). I know, it seems like plums/neutral pinks are a dime a dozen, but if there's a cheaper d/s version, I have yet to find it!

Recommended for Medium Skin