MAC Fast Play (Amplified)

4.2

on 2/18/2009 3:16:00 PM

This is the first MAC lipstick I ever bought. I absolutely love it! In fact, I have two of them! Its creamy and moisturizing. Its a pink mauvy color and I just love it! It also matches my NC20 skin very well. The only thing I dont like about MAC lipstick is they dont come with enough lipstick and they run out really fast for me. MAC lipsticks literally last me like two weeks only

on 1/17/2009 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I once read in a popular beauty mag that your best lip color is, "your exact lip shade but turned up a notch...". When shopping for lippies, I try to play by that 'rule'. Even though my skin tone is light/med, I have naturally dark pigmented lips...like a medium wine/berry shade. FAST PLAY is very similar to my natural lip color, only maybe just a tad darker, and compliments me very well. I use it as an everyday lippie. MAC classifies this as an "AMPLIFIED CREAM", that is supposed to plump the lips. I really don't notice that this makes my lips any larger, but I really don't care about that. FAST PLAY is for sure an everyday staple for me these days.

on 5/10/2008 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I went into Harvey Nichols in London looking for a nude lipstick, and somehow the MAC MA persuaded me that this was the one. On the MAC website it's described as a 'slow and dirty neutral pink', which seems like rubbish to me! I'd describe it as a dull browny wine colour, which isn't too dark. The texture is lovely, but the colour on me looks terrible. Moral of the story- don't buy lipstick in Harvey Nicks, as the lighting is so distorted you will not get an accurate impression of the colour - I've had three lipstick mishaps from there because of this!

on 3/8/2008 4:38:00 PM

I love this color. I've spent like five years looking for a decent dark shade and I finally discovered this. Spotted it in the MAC lipstick display and decided on a whim to try it and it's the only dark shade that actually makes my lips look fuller and gives me a healthy flush instead of totally washing me out or making me look pallid. :) Some other reviewers said it looks plum or pinky on them - on me it takes on more of a brick red/ruddy/deep reddish tone. Love it. :)

on 2/19/2008 7:44:00 PM

Love this! I love the amplified creme finish, and I love the color. If you look good with makeup that has brown undertones, then you will look good in this.

on 10/3/2007 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really versatile lipstick - I wear in lightly for work (for a lovely MLBB shade) or slightly heavier when going out in the evening and it is a bold rosy brown colour. Like all amplified MAC lipsticks it is really well pigmented and I find it quite moisturising (although I still always wear a lip balm underneath). Smells great too - like vanilla. This lipstick, along with my other fave MAC lipstick Twig (satin), are the two I buy again and again and wear everyday!

on 8/31/2007 10:14:00 PM

MAC website calls Fast Play a "slow and dirty neutral pink." On me its plum. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I'm a little bored by it. But despite MAC's hyperbolic description, I end up wearing this color often, especially in fall/winter. Has really good staying power (Amplified formula does on me). I know, it seems like plums/neutral pinks are a dime a dozen, but if there's a cheaper d/s version, I have yet to find it!

on 7/25/2007 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I got Fast Play through B2M. An MA picked this color for me. In the tube it looks like a pinked brown color (more pink than brown) It's an amplified cream, which has opaque but buildable coverage. It's a gorgeous shade of neutral pink but I think it may be too brown for MMMs and lighter. I usually top this with gloss in either prized petal or pinkarat for shiny kissable lips. I love this color because it looks so understated but it's incredibly sexy on the lips. A definite try before you buy. I like to pair this under different lipglasses to change the color of this.

GGG - NC/C40 - Brown Hair - Brown Eyes

on 6/14/2007 9:36:00 PM

I usually buy drugstore lipsticks, but I thought this one was value for money. I was planning to get one of the Slimshines but they were charging the same price as the regular lipstick which was about twice the size of the former. I looked into the regular sized lipstick and I ended up picking up this color at least 3x so I thought of trying it out. I was thinking between this and VGV but got Fast Play because of the pigmentation. VGV looked so different in the tube. The next day, I passed by a different MAC counter and coincidentally I end up picking the same shade over and over. I am a sucker for pinks that are not too neutral or too bright. I've been wearing it everyday. It looks great alone or mixed with other lippies. :)

on 3/29/2007 6:36:00 PM

I was desperate for a new lipstick to wear to a wedding so I stopped by MAC. The SA led me through several shades, and this was the best of all of them. And it's not that good. It's a pink-y brick color that's a little too dark and reddish for my pale/green/blonde complexion. I had all but given up on it except that I really like the formula and staying power. I've since realized that just the lightest application (swipe just the point along my lower lip and rub my lips together) looks very MLBB and lasts about half the day. I won't repurchase, but this isn't a total loss.

Popular Lipsticks