MAC Blankety

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

What I got from this lipstick is that I adore amplified cremes, but couldn't make the shade work on me. The formula is perfect, creamy, glides on, moisturizing, doesn't emphasize lines or flakes on lips. The color is a nude with a bit of pink. My problem is that it has enough grey in it to make me look a little dead. Take out the grey and make it a pure nude pink and it would have been heaven. I can see how this works so great for other skin tones, but for pale redhead that I am, not so much. I wore this several times, each time hoping it would some how work this time. Alas it never did and I swapped it away finally. Still, fabulous formula.

on 12/18/2013 7:15:00 AM

Dear 1017, Quit trying this! No matter how soft pink toned the swatches you see online look, this looks like beige concealer lips on you...no matter what you do. Once you try it, you can never get it off fast enough. Quit making special trips to try it. Let it go. (Nw20, with mauvey lips, brown eyes, almost black hair).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Best Lipstick ever :D x

on 12/7/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with nude lipsticks and MAC makes the best. This is definitely a favorite..looks great with a bronze smokey eye and with some Christian Dior lip plumper on top. Definitely a favorite this fall for me!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I just love nude lippies and I wanted to add this one to the collection. I pair this up with a dark bronzy/pink lip liner which I smudge before applying the lipstick and then I apply a touch of clear lip gloss on top of it. I love it. This lippie is very opaque and it must be applied over well conditioned lips free of flakes or else it would look a hot spanking mess. I will definitely make a repeat buy on this color.

on 10/20/2013 1:25:00 AM

I feel like this is the perfect nude for fall, however, if you don't have the right skin tone, it could make you look washed out. The amplified creme finish is so moisturizing and creamy, and the color comes off opaque & lasts for hours. I love this shade& formula.

on 9/3/2013 2:19:00 AM

It's just unflattering on the lips. Plus amplified lipsticks from Mac are drying and I hate that feeling.

I am so excited to be reviewing this product! I have literally been craving MAC Blankety for months now, and am so happy to finally have gone out and purchased it! I had been wanting a nude colored lipstick for everyday. I am pretty pale with dark brown eyes and brown hair, and lots of nudes that I tried on at Sephora were just too orangey and they just looked odd. So I redirected my research to focus on finding a more pinky-nude. I came across Blankety in a video, and thought it looked beautiful. I continued doing research, and decided to get it.
I finally found time (and $) to go to MAC, tried it on for the first time, loved it, and walked out with my new favorite lipstick.
It is a dirty blue-beige, pinky nude. Slight blue undertones are what I find is what is most flattering on me, and helps the nude effect not to look so orangey or flat. It's softly pink as well, and the combo of nude/pink is beautiful! I cannot describe how perfect it is for everyday!!
The consistency is very nice: it is quite pigmented, applies smoothly, and stays on all day (not that I mind doing touch-ups!). It dries more matte rather than shiny, but is not extreme in either way: just soft and natural.
If you are considering purchasing this, you definitely should! I hope everyone loves it as much as I do!

on 6/29/2013 6:44:00 AM

I hate this lipstick!! Makes me look dead!! Orrible!!

on 6/17/2013 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

My lips are naturally red so I usually buy lipsticks that are nude to tone them down.

This is a good lipstick that you could use to play with another lip liner to customize a unique colour. On it's own, it could be chalky and your lips better be in good condition or else it'll clump unattractively all over!

For my lazier days (no lip liner) where I still want to look polished, I put Blankety on and then a sheer bronze lipgloss on top paired with some smokey eyeliner. The creamy formulation of MAC is pretty good considering other lipsticks from other lines (NARS, for example) are drier in consistency and not as moisturizing.

Of course, you can always tone down your lips with lipbalm and light dabbing of regular concealer on lips (gak! it can look chalky but you have to take the time to make it look right). But for lazy girls like me who want nude lips fast, Blankety does the trick.

Popular Lipsticks