October 24, 2014 | 938 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Blankety

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with other reviews- this lipstick is definitely a pretty shade of nude/pink, but can also wash you out if you arent careful. I would recommend putting a little gloss on top if its too flat. I originally saw it on one of the sales associates at MAC, and thought her lips looked amazingly soft and light natural pink. It looks great with a darker smoky eye. For me, I need some blush to make me look more alive, but I love the softness of this color, and how it tones down my naturally red lips. I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I want to start this review by saying that I was never a believer of nudes ever working on me. Not now, not ever. I have an NC20 skin tone with pigmented, red-toned lips and many nudes tend to make me look washed out for some reason. This colour worked for me, but it seems like those who are around the same skin tone as me or lighter and have lighter pigmented lips have issues with this shade.
Not for me, strangely. On me, this is a subdued, beige-pink nude colour on my lips. Now, everyone's definition of nude can vary, but I have two: 1) MLBB shades, or 2) subdued lips that are the same shade or lighter than your skin tone. I have plenty of MLBB shades, but it was really hard for me to find definition #2 nudes that worked on me. For the first time, I could wear a subdued nude colour that didn't make me look dead!
Like others have said, if it works for you has a Brigitte Bardot-esque type of sex appeal. There is a healthy sheen to this color due to the amplified creme finish. It enhances my full lips and takes it up a notch. That being said, because it is a 'subdued nude' it won't take away from the rest of your whole makeup look, making it versatile.
One of my favourite lipstick finishes from MAC IS the amplified creme finish. In my experience, it is creamy, has a beautiful glide when applied and truly stays put for three to four hours without reapplying. It is not drying in the least, and my lips get chapped very easily due to the climate of the Canadian plains.
This is definitely a lipstick that you have to try before you buy. I was very skeptical about this particular colour, but I'm glad that I did. I was quite surprised this worked on NC40's, so I don't think this is a particularly discriminating lipstick ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Sephira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Seeing as how I always tended to refrain from wearing lipstick due to my fear of looking "old"(deep reds) or even "undead"(concealer-like shades) and now am on my fifth tube of Blankety, I can only assure you of its worth:

Blankety is unlike any other nude lipstick that I had the chance to try out before.
Its amplified consistency makes it extremely creamy and it glides on effortlessly. But not in that smudgy Rouge Volupte manner.
I have very pale, yellow-toned skin. This shade, being neither too brown nor too ashy, looks very flattering on me. One thing I absolutely love about it is its flexibility. It only takes a hint of beigy gloss on top to take it from day to night.
I think I would best describe it as "sexy nude", considering the fact that this attribute is always applied to it whenever I wear this shade.
On to the sixth tube!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't find Blankety to be the most flattering shade on its own as it can make your skin tone look dull, dusky or ruddy, so I wouldn't dream of picking this as that "no-makeup-but-this" lipstick I roll out of bed and slap on.
For me (NC25) this is definitely a dress-up lip shade that I use for specific looks. It takes a bit of work, but with a little lip primer, smoky kohl-rimmed cat eyes and not too much blush, this muted fleshy-pink creme can be devastatingly sexy.
I did take 1 point off because I have lipsticks in the same color category that are more flattering on their own.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by noreenmalik

I think blankety is one of those l/s that everyone eyes but is hesitant to own. Well in my case i gave in to the impulse and bought it finally.not disappointed, its a brown beige nude with slight pink undertones.I agree that i wish it had more pink than brown; having said that the problem can be fixed by using a pink lipliner either soar or clover pink (body shop) and it also needs a lip balm for smooth application otherwise it comes out too thick on lips.It does verge on corpse-like lips but the trick is thin/light application on lipbalm paired with lip pencil and it rocks.am enjoying wearing it on my NC-25 skin tone and its a good addition in my stash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I used to wear Blankety as my go-to nude, but since buying Hug Me and Patisserie, I prefer them much more than Blankety.

While Blankety looks pink-brown nude when swatched on my wrist, for some reason it goes on my lips looking very nude, slightly light toasted brown. I actually prefer Patisserie, which is slightly pinker and suits me better. But Blankety is a true nude on me. I just might not like a "true nude" as much as a "pink nude."

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is not so bad but I wouldn't buy it again. The color is nice but it's not too different from Wet n Wild's Bare it all and being that the WNW is only $2 and matte I will stick to my bare it all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got Blankety as a Back to Mac, so am not as disappointed in this color as I might otherwise be. I would definitely recommend trying it on first LOL! In the tube it looks like nudes I usually wear, but when it's on my lips I look a little corpse-like. Definitely going to try layering lip gloss on top like others have recommended. I love the consistency and shine, but need more color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by agfazzone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to everyday lipstick! I have very very red-pink toned lips as it is, and I was looking for something to mute them way down. I tried Creme d'nude, and that was too light and close to my skin color. Blankety is perfect! It's a very muted brown/mauve pink. Sometimes in photos with flash it looks a bit coral/orange but that may be my natural lip color showing through. It looks great with many different eye looks. I usually do a mulch/brun or a satin taupe/brun/carbon smokeyish eye and blankety looks great with both. It kind of reflects whatever color I am wearing, too. It looks more pink when I wear pink, more warm when I wear warm colors etc.
My skin is pretty light and I've been told my skin is a mix of warm and cool tones. I tan a golden-brown (think toasted marshmallow) in the summer.

This lipstick stays on decently well especially if I use prep and prime underneath and clear lipgloss on top. I will definitely buy again!

my photo is in the gallery; I am the one in the grey shirt with brown wavy hair=)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick its my all time fav nude!! The lasting power is good:)