September 21, 2014 | 1627 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by IfeAde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY FAVOURITEEEEEEEE MAC LIPSTICK BY FAR.
the colour is catchy and lovely but at the same time it can be wore so casually as well.
slides onto the lips so softly and smoothly , lasts long enough.
the colour just does everything for me! i wear it nearly everyday lolol!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by acidraver88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm finally reviewing this after my second tube of this color. For reference, I have medium to tan Asian skin (NC35-NC40, MUFE in #123 and use MAC skinfinish natural powder in Medium-Dark). This color just pops against my skin tone with out being clownish. I've always used pinkish colors but have been wanting a brighter color without the red tones in most other pinks. This one would be a blue-purple base and it just enhances the golden tones in my complexion. Since I also have darker pigmented lips, this doesn't show up as bright and vivid so it is easy for me to use as a casual color with out looking overly made up as well. If you have fairer skin, this may pop and work for you as a "brighter" color. I would categorize this in the mauve family so if you have my coloring but want something similar to this color but more tones down, you should try "saucy mauve" from L'Oreal. I also love that color for my slightly paler lipped look. I pair "Up the Amp" with a peachy pink cheek and shimmery copper or taupe eyes and it looks amazing. I can def picture this looking amazing on dark skin as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Divya13

aaaaaaaaaa

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Anonzieh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this lipstick and it comes up beautiful on my nc45 skin this lipstick was mosturising and lovely to wear as it is creamy and light its also can be worn after sheerly with a couple of dabs or with a couple coats it was fully opaque i also found that it comes out a different colors on different people

another wonderful lipstick mac!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by UrsiG

I recently purchased this lipstick maily based on all the great reviews ive seen plus the colour looks rich. it is very creamy and stays on all day actually. well, i've used it a couple of times and i don't know what to say about this product.first time i applied it, i used a lip balm as a base and then applied the lipstick. the second time i used the lipstick alone without a balm. i wonder if i am doing something wrong/ im still trying to get used to the colour anyway, makes me feel old i think.
I now enjoy wearing this! Use it with a lip liner most of the time and it turns out perfect. Lovely shade, will definitely purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by melodyramm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical on getting this color but decided to go for it considering all the positive reviews!! I loveeeeeeeeee it...looks amazing with no eye makeup and with a smokey eye...Buy it you wont regret it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by bcm321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color! It's creamy and slides on easy... lasts long too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The MAC SA talked me into this color and after telling her that I gravitate towards pinks/nudes/mauves she suggested I step out of the box. It sounded great in the store and when I got in my car and looked in the mirror I was prepared to go right back and return it. I fought the return impulse and decided to wear it a few days in a row so I could get used to the color and i'm glad I did. Ends up I love this color and agree with another reviewer in that this is not an over the top bright pastel. It's a pinky purple (that matches NYX's purple rain lip liner perfectly) that is kind of subtle compared to Candy Yum Yum. I pair it with a simple eye and lightly flushed cheek (for reference NC30-NC35, black hair, brown eyes) and I love the way it looks. Highly recommended for anyone who wants a brighter spring/summer lip without the color being over the top bright!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by elena6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick on impulse and in the end I absolutely loved it! It is an amazing purple-pink vivid lipstick that looks perfect on brunettes with pale skin I think! However, it is more suitable to winter season. I wouldn't wear it in the summerime...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Loubox04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! I think this is a very versatile colour. Comes out a different colour on than the packet but its still nice! My friend uses this, I borrowed it and we cant believe how different it looks on both of us. It seems to go with different skin and hair tones. Loved it so much went out and got my own and I use it all the time! I find it changes any outfit and I can wear it in the daytime or for a night out if applied thicker.