November 28, 2014 | 1057 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Baby Bee Buttermilk Soap

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 10:57:00 AM More reviews by kedves

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't care for the scent--there's something stale about it--but the packaging makes it easy to sniff and if you like it, the fragrance is distinctive. The soap itself is drying for my skin. I can't imagine anyone wanting to use something this strong on a baby's skin, but many baby bar soaps are similar (Johnson & Johnson's, for example). The bar is long-lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2005 10:26:00 AM More reviews by HiBrinn

Burt's Baby Bee scent is a delicate blend! To my nose it smells like honey, apricot & almonds. Lovely but not at all perfumey, the fragrance is light enough that it won't interfere with whatever you wear that day. No reviewers mentioned what a FABULOUS shaving soap & shampoo bar this is! DH has stolen my bar & taken it over as his HG. We purchase again and again. My soapmaker friends tell me it is the Rose Clay in this soap that makes it work so well for these uses. (if you're interested, read more about what various types of clay do for your skin). DH also loves that it travels well. No shampoo bottle to pack. ***Smells nice, all natural, works great, long lasting, pretty box... what's not to like?? continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this soap! I received this in the Baby Bee Sample Kit, and immediately fell in loooooove. It smells great, and coordinates well with the Apricot Baby Oil and the Buttermilk Lotion.

The skin on my face is very oily, but the rest of me is dry, itchy, and sensitive. This keeps my skin feeling clean, moisturized (without that oily after-feel), and smelling great (did I mention that already?). Since I started using Burt's lotions and this soap, my winter-dry scalies have disappeared, my shins and calves are no longer cracked and bleeding, and my skin just looks and feels better overall. I alternate this with the Peppermint Soap (I can see using that more in the summer, because it feels so cooling), and my skin is so thanking me. I just had to buy the full-sized version, and while it is a bit pricey at five bucks it does seem to be lasting a long time. One thing I might change about the design of the soap...it needs some kind of small depression in the middle to help grip it once it is wet...the round shape is a bit awkward to hold once your hands are wet. But...that's a small thing, I can overlook it.

Oh...did I mention that it smells great? continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2005 1:06:00 PM More reviews by o00meow00o

I love this soap! The scent is so light yet so amazing. It lathers up really well on my loofah and leave me feelings squeaky clean. It's my HG soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2004 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sunflower77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smooth soap with heavenly smell! It foams generously. It is my HG soap. I use it to clean my body, face, and hands. The only drawback is that it is pretty expensive. Although it is only $5, it is probably more expensive than Clinique's soap when considering its size.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2004 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jenica89

I wanted so much to make this my nice, gentle alternative for my face soap. The ingredients are so good (buttermilk, honey, essential oils..sounds so good!) ALAS...it totally dried me out. I guess for the body it might be ok. The scent is v. clean and delicate...which I like. And I like Burt's Bees policies about natural products and recycling.
It's 5 dollars

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 1:47:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I was attracted to this for the nice, light smell and size, good for travel. The soap lathered pretty well and lasted a long time; I use it in the bath tub. I did remind me of a very light springlike scent, not sure if it contains honey or what, sort of a light honey almond type smell, very pleasing to the senses. Would probably buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2004 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Atreau

Smells like the rest of the baby bee line. I love this soap, it doesn't dry my skin out. I have sensitve skin and have no problems with this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 1:33:00 PM More reviews by trish527

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this for my baby boy, and ended up using it for myself: love the fragrance (it's light) in it especially. The bar lasts and it's got a creamy feel. Will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2003 3:04:00 PM More reviews by eillie3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the smell of this soap. It's not drying like typical soaps and lasts quite a long time. I don't find that it leaves a sticky residue either, but rinses clean. I'm not sure if I'll buy it again since I prefer body washes. I do however like the fact that it's all natural.