December 18, 2014 | 1028 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by beautyybabee

I went into Lush hoping to find a nice face mask to take control of the little bits of acne around my face, after talking to the store associate she told me to try the cosmetic warrior mask. I've never tried a mask from Lush so I just decided to go for it, it was only $7, so what's the harm right? Well.... I WAS WRONG!!! This is probably the worst face mask I have ever tried! I came home to put it on right away, and after a couple days I started to break out badly, it was probably the worst I have ever broken out. I knew it was the face mask because nothing else in my skin routine had changed. So, I definitely do not recommend!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I purchased this mask twice, when I lived near a Lush store. It is one of the more raved about products for acne-prone and oily skin. The drying effect is useful on those stubborn pimples and cystic acne. I used this when I had break outs. It works, though not better than Queen Helene or Aztec Healing Clay. It is less natural than the later and more costly than either.

I bought this mask more so for pampering and girl's nights than the effects. While it works, you can get cheaper masks that are more effective. The smell is great and it is sort of like the Coldstone Creamery of ice cream. I like watching them mix it together!

Overall, not my HG face mask. I like Lush store for what it is- once in a while splurge for fun. $6/tub mask for 1-3 months, if you keep it in the refrigerator. I might repurchase on whim again one day. I just stick with the drying masks, otherwise most work the same.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive tried every single lush fresh mask out there, stored them in fridge, used them exactly as im supposed to, thrown them out when supposed to, but i have an allergic reaction to every single one, every single time, i just cannot use them, theres something in them that dosent agree with my sensitive skin :( does anyone else get this with the lush face masks at all? Definately wouldnt recommend for those with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This face mask is great for break outs and when your skin just needs some perking up. It doesn't have the nicest smell but it does great for my skin so the smell doesn't bother me much.

I leave it on for around 10 minutes which by then its started to dry and crack, after washing it off my skin feels amazing and looks bright and fresh. Definitely worth a go, especially if you have combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jenn123321

This is the best mask I've ever used. It left my skin feeling so soft after the first use, and the day after my skin is noticeably less oily. As soon as you put it on, the smell is strong (smelled like wet dog to me) but you get over it quickly. I put it on every other night in part because the product has an expiration date. Overall,my skin has never felt so smooth and normal. I usually keep it on for 30 minutes, although leaving it on for 10 is enough. Will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Kariibex

After trying many face masks, the cosmetic warrior is one of my favorites. It leaves pores feeling much tighter, and is also great for trouble spots and oily areas. Though some may be deterred by the smell, it is not actually the garlic I find strong; it is the tea tree oil that is overpowering at times, but tolerable for 10 minutes. Overall, not a bad product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Miss_January

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You get what you pay for. A little less than $10 is not much for a small tub of great product. No issue with smell. Other reviewers are being a bit dramatic about it (you keep it on your face for a few minutes). But it in the store for optimum freshness.

Anyway, this helped clear up my cystic acne. I don't typically have bad breakouts, but when I get rather stressed some pores will become clogged and I can't extract anything. This mask also helped calm any inflamed skin I had and also helped fade some discoloration from old blemishes. The whole reason I bought it was to fade dark spots and it does that exceptionally well and overall brightens my face. It didn't aggravate a couple of dry patches I had neither. Tub packaging is always great so you can use all the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by lilmi

Ingredients: Kaolin, Fresh Green Grapes, Fresh Free Range Eggs, Honey, Cornstarch, Glycerine, Fresh Garlic, Tea Tree Oil, *Limonene, Perfume

My skin type: Sometimes sensitive, Combination (Oily T-Zone, Dry Cheeks), Blemish prone.

Price: 5.95 for 75g.

Maybe it was just the one I recieved but I could barely smell the garlic in this, the tea tree seemed to be the most obvious scent. It is a little over-powering but not eye-watering.
When my mask arrived I was really surprised at the size, for 6 I thought the tub might be a bit bigger but the contents really does go a long way. It would last through 6-8 uses I reckon, depending on how thickly you prefer to apply it.
I haven't noticed a huge difference in my blemishes but it did make my skin feel softer and my complexion look a little bit brighter. My spots didn't magically shrink overnight but the next day they did seem less angry.

In terms of storage, you must keep it in the fridge and there'll be a use by date on it anyway (usually around a month from the date it was made)

I wouldn't mind purchasing it again but I am keen to try out the other lush masks first.

My only real gripe with it is that it contains perfume. It doesn't exactly do wonders for the skin. I feel it's unneccesary especially as everyone reports just smelling garlic and/or tea tree anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think the smell is absolutely fine, it isn't offensive at all! I've gone through one tub of this and got 10 uses out of this. Yes it is expensive for what it is, but seeing as got 10 uses out of it I now think it is worth the price. I left the mask on for 20-30 mins till it dried and then hopendinto the shower. My face feels so soft everytime I use this and I think my very few spots go down in size after every use.
I will buy this again, but i'm trying to go through 5 packaged lush products so I get this for free when I return them.
Keep it in the fridge; I used mine within 4 weeks and it didn't go moldy unlike the love lettuce I had which went moldy within 2 weeks even though it was kept in the fridge.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell is strong, but garlic and tea tree oil don't bother me. This calms my skin and brings stuff to the surface easily. I had a cystic acne spot that was just under the surface for weeks, and having this mask on for 10min brought it to a head. The amount you get for $6.95 is great, but having such a short expiration date means I don't always use it up. Speaking from experience, it will mold in the fridge if left too long after the expiration date.