Biore Blemish Fighting Cleanser

3.0

on 6/28/2004 5:44:00 PM

Good God, this is my facial savior! I've been loyal to it for years because it really works. Sure, for a while, it was a generally bad idea to use in the shower because it would run in my eyes and burn like the Dickens, but hey, it left my skin smooth and kept the blemish level way low. I've noticed that the only places blemishes really show up for me nowadays are places where I miss with the cleanser, like the corner of my mouth or near my ears. I shudder to think what I might look like without it! Best Biore product I've found...fantastic.

on 2/23/2004 9:28:00 PM

No bad at all. I have the regular foaming cleanser from Biore and this is actually not that much different. I see actually no difference between this and the regular cleanser.

Just like the regular cleanser, it cleanses well and rinses away easily. It is good stuff.

Hint: Three or four drops of this cleanser (plus lots of water) will get your face clean.

continued >>

on 1/29/2004 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This isn't a miracle product for me, but its definitely something I don't want to shit all over. The scent is great, it lathers so well that you don't need a lot of it, doesn't leave any residue, and makes my skin soft. I have oily skin, as well blemishes time to time. For my oily skin, it seems to work, I don't know if it's becuase of the cleanser, or just my make-up is good. The blemishes, well, it doesn't seem to treat them any different then any of the other cleansers I have used (i.e. Clear Logix) I guess when buying, for me at least, it comes down to comparing prices. This definitely was a bit more pricier than most, so I'll probably not purchase again. But to people with sensitive skin, who are acne-prone, oily t-zone,I think this would be a really suitable product for you. I would really like to see an alternative product to this that contains 2% salicylic acid. Maybe then, this will become my miracle product???

on 1/27/2004 9:32:00 PM

I actually found an almost-full bottle of this in a locker at the gym. I brought it home and decided to try it, even though I don't have over-oily skin. It helped treat pimples (albeit not very well) but I hated the gummy, thick feeling of the cleanser and the way it lathered up so much. I don't even see how it could help treat acne although some reviewers might beg to differ!

on 1/23/2004 6:54:00 PM

This is a pretty good cleanser. I think that it really does prevent breakouts, because if im growing a pimple one day, the pimple soon disappears after i use it. HOWEVER this product was extremely drying for me..and i have combo skin. So im giving it a 3.

UPDATE: jus wanted to correct myself..DONT BUY THIS! there are better products out there! ever since ive been using TBS's passionfruit cleansing gel i've been having less breakouts! and i threw out this Biore bottle because it couldn't compete with TBS cleansing gel. (yes this is a rave for TBS passionfruit cleansing gel hehe)

on 1/17/2004 6:36:00 PM

I have tough T-zone oily acne-prone skin and need extra surfactant power to clear off the oiliness and make up at the end of the day. I can not go anywhere without this face wash!!

Biore Blemish Fighting Cleanser takes off my make up and all the excessive oils are washed off my face. I like that it does not leave make up or oil residues on my acne prone skin. Some users have commented on this cleanser leaving them dry, but I have one of those overly oily T-zones so this is a must have for me. Afterward, the skin around my eyes do get dry so a good oil free moisturizer is a must. I've tried other acne prone washes including Cetaphil and will never switch.

Like the poster below mentioned, I like the scent and my face is left feeling very clean... something that has been hard to find for my type of skin. My regimen is Proactive toner to take off remaining oils and make up and then Proactive lotion to spot treat. If I do not exfoliate 3 times a week, the accumulated dead skin cells and oils cause acne. I'm at 1 zit a day and waiting for the overactive oil producing part my hormonal cycle to be over. *sigh* continued >>

on 12/13/2003 6:50:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for a little over a month now and I LOVE it! One note though: a lot of people don't read the directions and don't realize that you need to mix it with water. If you put it on in the gel form it will do like many people are saying and irritate your skin. I have oily skin in my T-zone, but normal to dry everywhere else. This cleanser has been great because it takes care of the oil but doesn't completely dry out the rest of my skin. It leaves me feeling very clean and has a good clean scent.

on 10/15/2003 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This also didnt fight any of my blemishes. It didnt dry me out either, but no difference in my zits.

on 9/14/2003 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This burns my eyes like crazy, and has a bit of a 'soapy' smell. I use it on my back only.

This is way too strong for anyone's skin. The way it works is by stripping your face of all it's oils even the good ones that protect the skin from harm. My friend used it during camp b/c she forgot her cleanser and it did the same thing to her. Horrible, horrible product. do not buy