November 24, 2014 | 1752 users online

Treatments (Face) - Honey

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

Every since puberty hit, i was always battling with acne. Some hormonal, others my own doing.
I was so busy adding more and more things into my routine that i THOUGHT was helping but was actually worsening the entire mess.
Well, anyways, i decided to go au naturale and simplify my entire skincare.
I read up about raw honey, specifically manuka honey, which my family had anyways so i started using it as a 30 minute mask every time i washed my face in place of a cleanser.
My face felt clean but breakouts kept on coming, whiteheads and stuff. After a month, i stopped using it.
But then, after an average result with the OCM, i decided to go back to if but as an actual face wash.
I don't know why but it worked better and cleared up my face more in a mere 2 minutes than an hour on my skin did.
After that, i hooked my face up with a honey toner. Every night after i finished cleansing, i massage a pea sized amount of honey on wet, not damp, skin, let it absorb for a minutes then dab off any excess.
I then, follow up with avocado oil (which i don't need as much now since the honey toner completely hydrates my skin).
The best thing is that it LIGHTENED MY STUBBORN HYPERPIGMENTATION. i saw the difference after 3 days, slight, but noticeable. I credit this to the toner, as honey releases hydrogen peroxide when it comes in contact with water. Peroxide is the stuff they use in OTC products to lighten and cure acne, only it is gotten from chemicals and synthetics and stuff while this one is natural.
Honey is an antibacterial and antifungal, with studies backing up its powerful benefits.
It also gives you a healthy glow and cleans out pores and loosen blackheads when you really massage it (needs to be kinda sticky though).
All in all its amazing and i use it for everything now! I so recommend it as a cleanser, toner, mask, spot treatment and supplement.

Oh and when its comes in contact with damp hands, dont worry, its not sticky at all and rinses of clean.
Definitely give it a try :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by xVladilenax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I kept hearing about how great honey was for your skin so I went and bought locally produced raw organic honey. I was so eager to try it! I should have patch tested it on my arm to see if It would react but I didn't think It would since it was natural but boy was I wrong! After 30 seconds of having it on my face started burning and getting really itchy so I ran to the bathroom to wash it off and my face was so red and itchy and there was so bumps on it to. I now have a terrible rash :( I have never really used honey before and now have discovered I am allergic( only when I apply on skin I can eat it but it weirdly reacts with my skin :( )

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Hotpookas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe that washing my face with honey has given me the best skin I can remember. Clear, less oily, happy in general.
When I have time in the morning I make a mask with honey yogurt and aspirin/turmeric/cinnamon (or sometimes all 3) and the pores on my nose are totally clear.
You do have to use sonething first to take off makeup but cheap baby wipes and grapeseed oil for eyes works great. -EDIT- I use unscented generic non-flushable baby wipes with no problems but the other day I used a different kind and immediately had 6 clogged pores so be careful :)
I'm not positive but it seems like the manuka honey is a little more effective? Idk.
the hardest thing has been finding one that smells good (to me some don't) while not being so delicious that it's gone in 5 days. No exaggeration I've probably gained 5 pounds from eating so much honey. I feel like Winnie the Pooh.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by artsaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first started using this on my face, I would use it as a mask and let it sit anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. It wasn't really doing much for me and I was bummed because I bought the highest quality stuff which is about 40 bucks.

Well, I started using it again and now I'm using it as a face wash instead. This has provided me with much better results, I'm not quite sure why. I think maybe because when I'm in the shower (to avoid a mess), my pores are open from the hot water so I think the honey gets deeper in there which allows better results.

I can't use this daily because I have extremely dry skin, especially now that the harsh winter is here. It might not dry out normal skin but for me, it can. I usually follow up with a moisturizer.

I have found that the honey really helps speed up healing on pimples whether they have been popped or are just there. This has also really helped clean up my nose pores which is another plus. This is a great alternative for other face washes that contain chemicals.

Overall, I'm happy that I started using it as a face wash and will probably buy again once it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Luellas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

As far back as I can remember I have had mild acne. My skin has mainly been uneven, with an array of whiteheads and has thrown me the occasional painful red spot for good measure.
Sometimes it gets worse, sometimes it clears up. (I see no pattern in foods I'm eating or anything like that. I exercise well, drink a lot of water and eat healthily. I just put it down to hormones I guess).

I have tried everything, and I mean everything for a smoother complexion. In almost 9 years "experience" if that's the right word, I have used every brand of face wash, foundation, moisturizer.. everything. I have put down my skin being worse over the years to over washing my skin and stressing over the few spots I did have.

This year I stopped with the abrasive scrubs and toners.. gels and whatever else and decided to go all natural.

I bought some 'all natural honey', light in color and in a bottle and began using it around 3 weeks ago 2 times a day, morning and night. I can safely say I have never felt so hopeful or happy about a product.

I notice a glow to my skin that I have never had. My skin is evening out by the day.. I even notice a difference morning to night. It makes my face feel soft. And whats-more, seems to be combating a bad breakout I had. A few spots showed up around 2 days ago which I put down to trying a new concealer. They are now completely flat and smooth with a small amount of redness. Other than that.. my pores appear smaller and my whiteheads are disappearing away.

My routine is to splash my face with warm water.. squeeze out a generous amount of honey and rub in small circles all over my face. (I also make sure to tie back all hair obviously, but use a cloth headband as honey seems to make its way to my hair line and stick there). I rinse and repeat with a smaller amount of honey and rinse with cold water. After this my skin feels amazing.
I then moisturize and apply a light BB cream, maybe a dab of concealer here and there for any redness. ( I use Nivea Day cream for sensitive skin, Maybelline Pure BB Cream with Salicylic Acid and am testing out concealers at the moment).

My skin is finally smooth and glowing all thanks to honey.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by queeniekasey

Recently started washing my face with raw organic honey (use makeup removing wipes to remove makeup before washing face). The amount of pimples have lessened a lot because I'm not drying out my skin with store bought cleansers. Redness of pimples lessened and healing process sped up. Also, just recently discovered making a honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg mixture for spot treatments that works great! (however still use high end moisturizer- Sheer Transformation by Ole Henriksen)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Curlycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use unpasteurized (eco) honey as a cleanser, in the morning and evening.

Cleanses the skin well. My face feels very clean afterwards.
Smells good and feel supergood on the skin.
Doesn't dry up the skin as regular cleansers do, my face is moist afterwards.
It healed my skin from the acne caused by the OCM method.
I hardly get any pimples any longer, even during my period.
Can be used as a face mask.
Cheap.
You can buy it at your local grocery store.
Works better than regular honey.
My HG product.

None.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Skeptigal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face has lots of blackheads and milia. I've been breaking out a little worse since menopause. My skin is not super oily, but I cannot use any type of moisturizer or I break out. Honey is a humectrant, but I talked myself into trying it anyway. I've used honey a little bit in scrubs or when I have a sunburn. Last night, I mixed some honey with rosemary tea and some oat flour. I left it on for an hour or two, then washed it all off. I usually use a mix of glycolic and salicylic acids with some tea tree oil at night, but I wanted to see what just the honey did. My skin looked and felt amazing, the large pores seemed smaller and cleaner. However, as the day went on my face became oilier than usual. I washed with gentle cleanser a few times. By afternoon the blackheads were back and swollen and a lot of the whiteheads were larger and deeper. If I tried to evacuate a blackhead oil oozed out, whoops. I normally have few actual pimples. My face felt like I was getting cystic acne. I used an oat and salicyclic acid and tea mask to calm my skin and cut oil production. It's been hours and the bumps have gone down, but it does not look great. I put on my normal acid/tea tree mix; after it dried I dusted my skin with oat flour to soak up excess oil. I should have done a spot test with pure honey. I would caution anyone who can't use oils or glycerin to be cautious. My face will heal quickly unless I pick at it. I'm not tempted because of the slight swelling it won't work.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by sashaMambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been searching for a natural product that would be kind to my acne prone skin. I tried the OCM about a year and a half ago and had terrible results. I was very excited to give raw honey a try. I first started it, since I had been having a major breakout in my T-zone area. The first couple of a days, I was in love with it. It seemed to be drying up and bringing everything to a head. It has done an alright job of clearing up my initial breakout. However, after a little over a week of using it everyday, I have decided to stop. My skin has been breaking out in painful red bumps where it does not usually break out. I am not sure if I am having a bad reaction or if this is the so called purging stage. I would love to continue using this but am afraid my skin will only continue to get worse. If you experienced purging with raw honey that eventurally cleared up for the better, I would love to hear from you. Really wish this would have worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by cah123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish I'd have taken before and after pictures to remind myself how well this has worked!! This is literally the most effective product I have used for acne that has continued to work for three weeks. My skin is far from perfect but this has reduced the amount of spots I get, pretty much stopped the huge acne I used to get and clears up any spots I do get within a couple of days when before, I would have stubborn ones that lasted weeks! I've been using clear honey for three weeks which has worked well but now I've switched to raw organic honey that is thicker in consistency and smells better (my boyfriend hated the smell!) and the results are a lot quicker and I've noticed its brought deep down dirt to the surface. I use it after washing my face with a simple cleanser, morning and night, and leave it on for as long as possible because the results are better. At night I just wash the honey off and go to bed but in the morning I use a bit of jojoba to moisturise. Still not sure whether I should tone my skin after though :/ I scrub now and again with Lush ocean salt or baking soda.