Honey

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Honey, propolis (some versions)

on 6/13/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

With all the creams i tried for my sensitive skin,honey is the best moisturizing calming thing for it.I always use it after i wet my face with water.Always on a wet face!Otherwise it's difficult to spread and will not sink in.I use it mostly for cleaning my face and at night as a moisturizer,mixed with olive oil and a few drops of vitamin e oil,rub it between damp hands and pat it on my wet face.This method gives my extremely sensitive skin an incredible soothing feel.I also use honey as a face mask mixed with white clay.Even mix it with my hair conditioner to lighten hair.Never thought my skin would ever feel this comfortable,moisturized and firm.Amazing!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Please patch test before trying out the honey mask! While it did help tremendously once to reduce swelling, I was so red after I washed it off (by the way, this stuff washes off with no trouble at all, it's not sticky like you think it would be) that it didn't go away for 30 minutes. No pain, just irritated and red skin. Test before using it just to be safe.

on 5/10/2014 8:34:00 AM

I used honey as a mask and as a face wash but I didn't see any improvement. I love honey, I have been eating it for years and I use it a lot in the kitchen and I am quite dissapointed it didn't work for my skin. It didn't give me blackheads or pimples but it left my skin a bit dry. So I won't be using it soon, maybe when summer comes.

on 5/10/2014 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've used honey a couple of times mixed with lime and sugar as an exfoliating scrub. It seemed to work okay for me and was happy with the results. But I unknowingly purchased another brand of honey. I tried this on and OMGEE!! I broke out terribly. Huge zits on my face that very night and took a lot to calm them down, from antibiotics to benzoyl peroxide treatment. Rest assured will not be experimenting with honey again as I do not know from which region and flower the honey has been sourced from.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Tastes great!!! Will buy again!

on 4/16/2014 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

thank you bees!

I love honey. I have acne-prone skin, so I am very cautious about what I put on it. My goal is to fade my acne scars and prevent any new blemishes. I try to use honey twice a week, and when I do, my complexion is brighter, more even, and my acne scars appear to be lighter. Honey also does a wonderful job at making the current blemishes heal faster.

What's also great about honey is that it is safe to use for all skin types. It is moisturizing and won't clog pores.

How I use the honey mask:

-wash face with soap and water
-apply medium layer of honey over entire face using fingers, avoid eye area
-wait about two hours, then rinse off with warm water
-pat dry, apply moisturizer

on 4/11/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love honey masks .. I used to mix honey and yogurt and leave it on my face for 20 minutes .. It was good for fighting acne .. my dermatologist told me to use this recipe and It was working great .. Then I was lazy and forgot all about natural skin care .. I watched a video on youtube about turmeric mask and I thought why not trying this .. A month ago I started to use manuka honey with yogurt and I add a little sandalwood powder and turmeric .. I put this mixture on my face for 20 _ 30 minutes and I can see a difference .. my skin feels soft and healthy .. I recommend it to everyone especially if you suffer from acne .. Good luck 👍

on 3/27/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this on a daily basis for about a year now and I love this! To remove my makeup, I use Cleanse off oil and that can be very drying especially during winter times. So after that, I wash any residue on my face with honey and then apply it as a mask. I keep the honey on my face for a minimum of 30 mins. I admit it's VERY sticky and can get on clothes but when I wash it off, my face doesn't have dry patches nor isn't peeling. It's definitely worth it. The stickyness easily comes off with a damp towel so it's not big deal. I also use it as a morning cleanser too! I loveeeee this and will forever use this!

on 3/16/2014 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love honey masks. I use them once a day, afternoon if I am not working or night if I work.

After cleansing, I would apply a thin layer of cold raw honey mixed with little lemon juice on my face and let it be from 30 mins to 2 hours. My skin feels soft and smooth after washing and honey is so easy to wash off! With the aid of the lemon, it helps to keep acne off and slowly fades scars.

So far I've not had breakouts caused by honey but be sure to use raw honey and only apply a thin layer! Try not to be in a heaty place as it melts easily and can cause a mess.

I've oily/combi and acne-prone skin and I swear by honey as a natural (but slow) way to treat and upkeep your skin. It does require diligence but it makes your skin feel very healthy!

on 2/24/2014 12:35:00 AM

I just try it under my eyes. It works not bad

Popular Treatments (Face)