April 18, 2014 | 1700 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been on the search for a skin care product that will help with my hormonal acne (the joys of perimenopause!) and I decided to try honey as a mask.
I made the mistake of not spot testing and Holy major breakout Batman!

My face looked worse than before as the honey made it red (I already have rosacea) and aggravated my breakouts. It took a good few days before my skin began to recover.

Definitely spot test before trying this all over your face, especially if you have sensitive skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Sugarzone17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

Works great!, im medium brown , and my acne....arg!! ladies you know! being 17 with acne is not fun!, so i tried this product and believe me or not i woke up the next morning with pretty skin! yeah i still had 2 tiny bumps but my pimple was not noticeable has before :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mskittenmittens

I like honey! :b I don't think it prevents acne that much as I still get small breakouts once in a while, though I never got much pimples before honey anyway. It is a mild cleanser, but probably people's skin are reacting badly to it because raw honey contains pollen which is an allergen (but also has greater benefits than non-raw honey). However, it gives a healthy glow to my face and moisturizes so I don't need a moisturizer unless I use a drying facial product (Queen Helene Julep Mint Masque), and my face only looks a tiny bit shinier at night, when I'm due for another honey wash. Before, my face would be an oil slick by the afternoon after washing. I got a pound of raw honey for $7 at Trader Joe's. That's really cheap compared to a lot of facial cleansers!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Northstar5

I have combination skin that is fairly, though not extremely, sensitive. I can handle 2% BHA and 8% AHA products just fine as well as low doses of retinol. I am breakout prone but have it under control and my skin usually looks good. But I had a patch where I had both dryness (with flakes) and breakouts, so I tried pure honey (not raw---just light organic store-bought honey) and oh wow, what a horror show.

I left it on for twenty minutes. I looked like I had a major sunburn, and my skin looked broken---wrinkled, parched skin, bright red and angry. It took me a week to calm things down, basically laying off all products except Toleriane cleanser at night and moisturizer with no irritating ingredients. Do yourself a favor and do a patch test on a small section first.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where to start? Honey is one of my favourite products to use as a beauty product - it has so many different uses. I've been trying to use more natural/organic/DIY products recently and this is a great find.

I actually use Raw Manuka honey over all the other honeys available. Even though, other honeys are perfectly fine to use... Raw Manuka Honey is as close it's natural state as it can possibly be and hasn't been heat-treated (which kills a lot of the nutrients and healthful properties). Raw Manuka honey has more antioxidants than other types of honey and more antifungal and antibacterial properties.

Moving on... the uses for Honey are incredible...

+ As a face mask - it makes skin sooooo soft and glowy

+ It has great cleansing properties

+ It's so moisturising and works for all skin types - for extra moisture, mix the honey with milk or rosewater

+ It can be mixed easily with other liquids and powders for face masks - Spirulina powder mixed with Raw Manuka honey is a favourite mask of mine (Google Spirulina and it'll give you a list of all the amazing benefits for beauty)

+ It's a great hair mask/conditioner on it's own or mixed with olive oil - leave on for half an hour (I wrap my hair in cling film so it doesn't start sticking to my face)

+ Reduces scarring

+ Soothes sunburn

+ Can also be used on the lips to moisturise them/in lip scrubs

+ It helps with skin ailments like eczema, acne, helps to heal wounds faster

+ You can even add it to bath water for soft skin

+ You can even get beauty benefits from eating a spoonful of honey (especially if you have digestive problems like IBS) and it won't spike your sugar levels like sugar does

+ Use it in homemade scrubs or soaps

+ Mix it with an egg for a toning face mask

Honestly, the list is endless!

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by saratan7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been doing honey mask on my face daily for few months. I tried my best to do it everyday. It works like a charm. Very inexpensive but very effective. I have oily/combination skin. The texture of my face and the complexion are definitely improved. And it clams my skin. It took me about a month after doing the honey mask consistently to see the different. I would come home, wash my face then put the honey all over my face. And just leave it on at home. Or if I have time I would do it in the morning before getting ready. Essentially I apply honey on my face as much as I could. It gets a bit annoying sometime cuz it is sticky. But totally worth it. As I said, inexpensive but very effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lyaarisa

I'm using Warm Honey Mask Everyday... Hell yes, every single day.. I have never failed doing so since earlier this year... I save lots of cash investing in this daily mask routine (beware if you are allergic to honey).

Since I have dry sensitive skins & acne prone skin (I know this sound weird but yes, I have flaky skins but I also have acne), I use this daily to calm my dry skin.

Surprisingly!!, my blackheads are reducing as well as the swelling and redness on my face. That's why I pledge to use natural products at night.

Back from office, I wash my face with honey facial bar, pat my face dry, put warm honey on my face for 30 minutes, rinse it off with warm water & final rinse with ice cold water. I tone my face using natural coconut water (I put this stuff in fridge as it can last for a week or 2).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by TubbyPuppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Honey is definitely for more than cooking and sweetening food! I've used honey to heal cuts (as did the Ancient Egyptians), treat facial outbreaks, and soothe dry winter skin. My sister once had a boil that would not come to a head....sounds gross, I know, but it was on her leg and the area was very sore and red. I made her use a really warm compress to open the pores, and then applied warm honey to the area and covered with a huge bandage. After 3 hours, the "boil" had begun to surface! We repeated the process and she went to bed; the next morning, the boil was sitting there like an Easter Egg! After removing all the yucky stuff from it, she recovered it with honey, and by that night, it was gone. No scar or any evidence of a bump or boil! Honey truly is a natural wonder. Sorry if my story made anyone feel ill, but I'm an animated person. LOL!

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by badwolf42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I just used whatever honey was in my house and I absolutely LOVE it as a face mask. I just squeeze right out of the bear shaped bottle and smear it on my face! That is all I have to do! It just feels so hydrating as soon as you get it on your face, never feeling tight. Your face just feels sooo soft as soon as you wash them off. I like putting it on in the evening, leaving it on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse off (it tastes good if it gets in your mouth). In the morning, I use a gentle scrub, and my skin is glowing! So affordable and just AMAZING!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In Ginger Garrett's book 'Beauty From the Bible', honey and olive oil are mentioned as two of the ingredients that work wonders for the skin. Yes, indeed!
I follow her technique of applying honey with moist fingertips, on the face. It soothes the face. Honey is also a humectant and antiseptic (assuming one uses raw, unprocessed).
Her book also has a recipe for a skin creme, with only beeswax, honey and olive oil in equal parts. This creme too, is awesome! Apparently, the ingredient mix is close to that in the 'Egyptian Magic' cream that costs several times over.

Better to use honey than skin products containing chemicals like propylene glycol etc for retaining moisture!
Of course, the whole process is messy. LOL. But, a honey treatment is fun. Love love love the scent of honey.