April 20, 2014 | 1512 users online

Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Sea Enzyme Facial Scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ktellsch

I think this scrub is too harsh, the particles were too course for my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by mocha147

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like organic and natural based skin care. In the organic section of my grocery store, there is an "Alba Botanica" section and, really, I have passed by it many times because I figured the products were low quality. Well, I was proven wrong. I mostly use Eminence organic skincare. They have this new lemon cleanser/scrub that's marvelous, however, it is expensive. This Sea Enzyme Facial Scrub is an amazing alternative to that. It has just the right amount of grit for me. I like to exfoliate my skin regularly, but I don't go overboard. Also, I really like the Sea Mineral Cleansing Gel. These products aren't completely organic but do have several certified organic ingredients in them, which honestly is the next best thing. Both the scrub and cleanser are not drying, as they both contain certified organic aloe juice in them(second ingredient listed!). Because of Alba, my skin stays moiste throughout the whole day (not greasy, but moisturized and smooth). These products shouldn't cause breakouts. I would bet many different skin types could use them. Bravo Alba Botanica.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by rcangel8082

Update: Since I like a clean feeling, I have been using a different scrub as of late that I also love. It's the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Scrub. This one is still great though.
Original Post: I know that I am repeating what previous reviewers said, but this stuff is awesome! You must be gentle...if you are gentle it works wonderfully. Actually, this is the best scrub that I have come across. And like most, this leaves my skin so smooth and soft with out any irritation whatsoever. This is my first HG find!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

While I like this scrub, it is not one of my favorites, as the scent is not oceanic enough. Works pretty well at polishing the skin and leaving it smooth, but I don't know that I'd buy it again. Not bad though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 1:57:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ran out of Dermalogica's Microfoliant so I gave this a try. It has as pleasant clean scent. The texture is creamy which slight graininess. It comes in a squeeze tube so you can control how much product comes out. It cost $9.99 at CVS. It's a bit too rough for my skin so I will return it for a more gentle scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this once a week in conjunction with the sea lettuce cleansing milk, and I love it. It is gentle yet I feel after I've washed my face with it that the flakes are gone and my skin is much smoother. The scent is also nice, but it is quite strong so it may not appeal to everyone. It is the same scent in Alba's entire marine line. The tube is small, but it lasts forever if you only use it once a week. I will continue to repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by withoutblinking

This scrub was a bit too harsh for my sensitive skin, so I'm using the rest as a body scrub. It seems to work pretty well, so I think it would be fine for those without sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by astroblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've only recently started using this product but I'm very impressed.
I thought I'd regret using something so grainy, but I think scrubbing very gently is key. I scrub in small circles all over my face, using my index and middle fingers. I scrub for about 3 minutes and rinse, rinse, rinse. What surprises me, is that my skin doesn't feel raw or parched afterward. And it allows the acne treatment I use to more effectively penetrate my skin. I hope it continues to work for me because so far I'm very impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:41:00 AM More reviews by lizc131

I like this scrub alot although I do find it grainier than others I've tried, but this one really works and its priced well for what it does. I will repurchase because it was helped keep my skin clean, clear, and blackhead free.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by horkusone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and this product has been wonderful for my skin. I use it every other day as it is a gentle scrub. I am not really fond of the scent (supposed to be a fresh scent but reminds me of an air freshener) but once I rinse it off and apply my facial serum (Avalon Vitamin C), my skin feels like a baby's bottom! Soooo smooth and has a healthy glow. Granted, some of the glow is from the scrubbing but it has improved the overall look of my skin. It is not expensive (I think I paid about 8.00 USD) and I love that is a simple, organic and gentle. I still keep my Origins Modern Friction around for a deep facial scrub but this is fantastic for regular use. UPDATE: I had to get rid of this scrub because the scent that I thought I could tolerate became just too much for me. Before I mentioned that it reminded me of an air freshener (and a cheap one at that) and that really is what it smells like to me. Not a natural smell at all but more of a fake fresh scent, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I tossed it and will look elsewhere.