December 22, 2014 | 1010 users online

Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Sea Enzyme Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by fireflyglow

My skin is definitely loving this scrub. I've got combination skin that's not very acne-prone, but is prone to redness and large pores. I wanted something that was leaning more towards the natural side and definitely wasn't too harsh (sorry, St. Ives Apricot, but I'm looking at you!). I've had success with a few other products in Alba's Sea Minerals line, and after reading the reviews here, I knew I had to pick this up.

I only use this once or twice a week after washing my face (Olivella's fragrance-free in bar form), and prior to using a mask (Burt's Bees French green clay), and I'm pretty darn pleased with the results of this combo. Don't be fooled by the texture of this scrub; it feels like a cream in your hand, but once applied, you know it means business. It gets rid of any flakies or roughness, but very gently and thoroughly, which is a rare find. Even right after rinsing the scrub off, my skin isn't left with any lingering redness that most scrubs cause (including Alba's Papaya enzyme, which I wasn't a fan of but had duly tried). Plus, it really preps my skin for any mask / moisturizer afterward.

Will I repurchase? Absolutely. I've found that it goes rather quickly, but luckily my local Ulta carries it, so I can easily pick it up. Another winner from Alba Botanica.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2009 5:18:00 AM More reviews by kut314

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scrub. THe mini beads are really gentle on my skin and helps thoroughly exfoliate. I use it in the shower and my face comes out feeling soft and clean. Been using it for over a year and no irritation or breakouts yet. Smells okay...nothing great but nothing bad either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Goldylox99

I bought this at Target for DH when he was running low on his favorite face scrub (Body Loofah by Sage - I know it's for the body, but he loves it on his face). He started using it and has been very impressed that it cleans his face and keeps it feeling moisturized and clean, without that dry tight feeling that other scrubs leave (Sage also cleans this well without dryness, but we can get that only via the Internet, and he had run out). It's definitely a great, inexpensive scrub that cleans and protects.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by complexsimplicity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

this product was a random, fluke purchase. i haven't used a scrub in awhile, was impressed with the ingredients and that it was specially formulated for dry skin. it always seems that things are for oily or combination skin. i have been so pleasantly surprised by this product! it cleanses well, seems to have evened out my skin tone and i'm silky smooth! i use it once a week. i love it and would recommend it. it is definitely on my HG list! probably will work best for people who have very dry skin...enjoy!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was pleasantly surprised to find that this scrub was neither harsh nor drying on my 48 year old face and neck! I know that the St. Ives Apricot scrub keeps coming up on people's list of favorites, but it's a bit too drying for my mature, combination skin. This one, however, is excellent for a drugstore product. I don't buy high end facial cleansers because I think they all pretty much do the same thing, it's just a question of how drying they are, do they leave an oily residue, do they really clean makeup and dirt off your skin...after that, it's fragrance and packaging. I would recommend this scrub for mature or combination skin, or for people who don't like large, sharp gritty particles.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ktellsch

I think this scrub is too harsh, the particles were too course for my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by mocha147

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like organic and natural based skin care. In the organic section of my grocery store, there is an "Alba Botanica" section and, really, I have passed by it many times because I figured the products were low quality. Well, I was proven wrong. I mostly use Eminence organic skincare. They have this new lemon cleanser/scrub that's marvelous, however, it is expensive. This Sea Enzyme Facial Scrub is an amazing alternative to that. It has just the right amount of grit for me. I like to exfoliate my skin regularly, but I don't go overboard. Also, I really like the Sea Mineral Cleansing Gel. These products aren't completely organic but do have several certified organic ingredients in them, which honestly is the next best thing. Both the scrub and cleanser are not drying, as they both contain certified organic aloe juice in them(second ingredient listed!). Because of Alba, my skin stays moiste throughout the whole day (not greasy, but moisturized and smooth). These products shouldn't cause breakouts. I would bet many different skin types could use them. Bravo Alba Botanica.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by rcangel8082

Update: Since I like a clean feeling, I have been using a different scrub as of late that I also love. It's the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Scrub. This one is still great though.
Original Post: I know that I am repeating what previous reviewers said, but this stuff is awesome! You must be gentle...if you are gentle it works wonderfully. Actually, this is the best scrub that I have come across. And like most, this leaves my skin so smooth and soft with out any irritation whatsoever. This is my first HG find!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

While I like this scrub, it is not one of my favorites, as the scent is not oceanic enough. Works pretty well at polishing the skin and leaving it smooth, but I don't know that I'd buy it again. Not bad though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 1:57:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ran out of Dermalogica's Microfoliant so I gave this a try. It has as pleasant clean scent. The texture is creamy which slight graininess. It comes in a squeeze tube so you can control how much product comes out. It cost $9.99 at CVS. It's a bit too rough for my skin so I will return it for a more gentle scrub.