Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough - Serum

3.5

water (aqua), glyceryl polymethacrylate, pentylene glycol, propylene glycol, glycerin, butylene glycol, hydrolyzed soy protein, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, glutathione, potassium ascorbyl tocopheryl phosphate, larrea divaricata (chaparral) extract, sodium hyaluronate, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, allantoin, carbomer, lecithin, polysorbate 20, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, methylbromo glutaronitrile, fragrance, tetrasodium edta.

on 3/5/2011 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It's pricy but Nordstrom has a 4oz bottle for 90 bucks, much cheaper than purchasing the regular 1oz ones. I love the way it feels on my skin. Not greasy, easily absorbed and leaves me feeling fresh. The smell doesn't bother me that much. I'd rather have this than heavy perfumes. I don't know if it prevents wrinkles but I'm 29 and not a line. It definitely does make my skin firmer. I will continue to use this with my Mario Badescu vitamin C serum... at least until something better comes along.

on 2/28/2011 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I was trapped into philosophy hype,unsuccessful with their HIAJ, i tried this serum,thankfully i got it from swap, the result is my face is thighten,my pore is shrinken (fyi i have oily-acne prone skin with large pore) i use the last drop from the bottle,this serum officially replace my clinique turnaround clinique that i've been use for 5 years, will definitely repurchase it again!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This winter has been particularly harsh on my skin to the point where my eczema on my forehead has flared up and I get dry patches around my nose and mouth area. It looks really terrible. As soon as I tried this in conjunction with the Hope in a Jar for dry sensitive skin (because that's what I have) I immediately saw an improvement in my skin. The red patch has calmed down (but not gone away completely), the area around my mouth doesn't feel totally moisturized, but it's only the first day that I've used it. I thought that just by drinking more water my skin would be more hydrated, but that doesn't seem to be the case. This stuff has really helped when used with HIAJ. I'll update when I've used it more. I can't tell yet if it'll cause me to breakout.

on 1/23/2011 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I faithfully used this serum 5 nites per week for close to a year and actually developed my first fine lines !!! Just junk in a bottle that does NOTHING.

on 1/20/2011 8:41:00 PM

Smells like baby vomit, expensive, and I didn't see any improvement in my skin. However, I did use the entire bottle because I couldn't bear to throw/give away.

on 1/20/2011 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've always wanted to try this, but there always seemed to be something of more importance on my beauty list. When I saw this as part of an awesome 500-point gift as a Sephora Beauty Insider, I nabbed it and fell in love. It is perfect for my skin, which is combo-oily (oily in the forehead and nose, normal elsewhere). It absorbs super fast, is insanely light weight, and has a gorgeous, musky smell to it that goes away lightning-fast. A few little drops go a long way as well! I love the medicinal looking glass bottle and dropper, which make application a breeze (although I fear travel with this might be an issue, due to it being glass). Though I am only 22, I've been using preventative products for some time now, and I can really see a big difference in the wee little fine lines I was forming on my forehead/when I smile (around my lips).

I do not have what I would classify as sensitive skin, although if it doesn't like a product, my chin is the first to hear about it. When I apply this, I put just the smallest swipe on my chin. I have no break-outs or acne anywhere to report. I enjoy this product and will continue to use it, and purchase it once this little bottle runs out (but it really goes a long way!).

on 1/11/2011 10:00:00 AM

I am 22 years old, I am using the purity made simple, hope in a jar with this When Hope Is Not Enough - Serum. I did not notice any huge difference on my face, but this serum and the cream was easily absorb, no oily residue br film left..but this combination is not hydrating enought for winter. This serum does not break me out, and my face become less dull. Will buy next time if can't find a good serum.

on 12/5/2010 4:42:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product but the smell just made me not want to use it. I have dry skin and hoped that this serum would help moisturize, but when I put the serum on my face felt a bit tight. I thought that once I put on my moisturizer it would be ok. I wanted to use this serum for at least a month to see if there would be any noticeable changes on my face but the smell was just so bad I returned it within a week. I do like the dropper application but unfortunately will not be purchasing it again.

on 11/27/2010 12:25:00 PM

I bought this to use in the am under makeup. I have fairly oily skin and I have seen no breakouts from using this. My eyes seem less puffy and my skin is less likely to have breakthrough shine. It makes my skin soft and smooth. The scent is a bit unpleasant at first but dissipates after it dries.It is an herbal scent, maybe rosemary. The glass dropper is very medicinal looking and all but I would rather have a sealed pump for freshness' sake.It is a clear, thin gel right now, I will see how long it takes for it to turn. The directions say to use 3-4 drops? I have to use about 6-7 to cover my face and under chin area. Still waiting to see if there's any reduction in hair growth as they claim. Edit--6 weeks in- I have swapped this due to the dry tight feeling I was getting after application despite my slightly oily skin. Will not repurchase

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm only 19, but I was addicted to tanning indoors, I would go everyday when I was in high school on the highest level beds for the full length of time. In the last year I have had a fallout of tanning. My skin is pretty good, but I don't want to see the damage in the future; I was recommended to try this out to help reverse damage before it shows. So far so good, it makes my skin extremely soft. It gives my skin a radiance that I can't get from any makeup.

Popular Face Skincare Products