October 21, 2014 | 1993 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I would say that this is a nice, brightening pink, but when I read "brightening pink," it usually means "radioactive cotton-candy PINK," and this is a lot subtler and kinder than that. It's a warm pink that does a great job of subtly brightening up my face without looking at all frosted or neon-y. It can get a little unnatural-looking if you apply too many coats, though, which is a trap I initially fell into - I'm a red lipstick kinda gal most of the time, so I felt like I wasn't getting enough pigmentation from this subtler color. But now I've come to appreciate it for what it is: a perfect warm pink for everyday wear, pretty without drawing attention to itself.

It's Revlon SL, so of course no complaints about the formula or packaging. It comes in the usual black-and-gold tube with a clear lid (a must-have design element for me - I have to see the real color of what I'm getting, as the colors on packaging are so often misleading), and the formula is matte, with a little shine but no glitter/shimmer.

TL;DR: While I initially rejected this warm pink for being too subtle, now I adore it for exactly that reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I've been looking for a warm pink ever since I realized my tan no longer flatters my baby pinks and cool pinks. I've had problems with some pinks making my teeth look yellow, and my love affair with MAC chatterbox never blossomed. Thanks to my fellow MUAs I picked this up with hope.

Oh
My
God

I may never take this off.

It's very pasty if you go crazy, but as a light coat it lightens my lips to look like MLBB and gives my makeup a very mod feel especially with bare lids or a naked basics eye with matte browns and taupes. It gives your lips a polished "I'm wearing lipstick but I never try hard to look good" look. It is creamy rather than matte with no glisteny sheen. I apply a lip gloss over it to take it from night to day and slap on a smokey eye to glam it up. What a DS gem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

This medium rose colour is gorgeous and absolutely perfect for spring and summer. Someone very aptly described this as a perfect Victoria Secrets model lip colour :) for reference, I'm Asian with yellow undertones and medium to fair skinned - this is a very flattering colour! The only slight issue people may have is that it can be a bit drying because it is a matte formulation. However, with a little lip balm underneath you should have no problems. Revlon lipsticks for the win!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

While the color swatches very nicely on my hand the formula is very dry and doesn't apply evenly on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by susiej

Edit:
I've downgraded this after wearing the lipstick for quite few months now. I find that it wears poorly a lot of the time and gathers relatively quickly around the lipline. Not a hot look.

And I hate to say it but the more I watch the film Breakfast at Tiffany's the less I think this shade has anything to do with it. Watching the film remastered in HD her lip colour actually varies ~(as does the rest of her makeup, in the party scene she is wearing green eyeshadow). There is the peachy lip in the taxi cab at the end, then there is a more 'brick' type shade in the scene at the bus station, along with some frostier pinks earlier on in the film. I suspect that it's simply a case of the shade being of the period and with a name that plays on the title of one of her movies that has PITA associated with Audrey rather than anything more. The only evidence that this was the lip colour from the movie that there seems to be = bloggers parroting one another.

_____________________________

On me this is a bright, medium, warm leaning pink. Paired with the 'wrong' makeup it could look quite dated. Another reviewer described it as cheesy on them- I can definitely see how it could turn that way depending on your own colouring. The formula is creamy and feels pleasant on the lips however it does have a predisposition to gathering on the lipline with extended wear. Wear time is below average on me- about an hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this a lot, its a go to when I do blue shaded eyes. Rosy, creamy pink rose petal shade. My only Revlon shade and I would buy if I run out of it or lose it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by blissful3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was on a search high and low to find the best pink lipstick to suit my face and this is it! It just compliments any makeup look I have on and is my go to lipstick. The texture is just perfect and feels creamy on the lip. I can't stop looking at my lips every time I wear this and pass a mirror...conceited ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite lipsticks and is the most complementary shade I own. A lot of lipstick shades don't work for me because I have very pale skin- I can't wear reds, oranges, true corals, fuchsias, hot pinks, nudes, or baby pinks. So that doesn't leave a lot of options! If you are searching for the perfect everyday, neutral, pretty pink nude, this is it.

Shade- a warm toned, neutral pink that doesn't "pop" too much but stands out enough to look absolutely beautiful. It's so hard to find a lip product that makes your lips stand out but is also neutral/natural. I think "Pink in the Afternoon" is the perfect name for this shade and is pretty true to the swatches of it online. It really does seem like a deepened, afternoony pink. I love it, and it looks good for all looks and all seasons.

Lasting Power- Pretty damn long. I honestly did not expect it to last so long! I put it on at 9:30 AM, and after drinking coffee, a little bit of kissing, and a light lunch, the color was definitely basically the same at 12:30, almost no fading. It was more like a stain than first applied, all that had gone away was a tiny bit of the "luster."

Application/Finish- satin, mostly matte though. For some unknown reason, this lipstick makes my lips look way fuller. The finish is also flawless- some lipsticks have that sort of uneven finish, but this is definitely not that. It's very easy to work with and is so buildable!

Packaging: Not something I find as important, but I don't have any problems with it. It's just a normal tube of lipstick.

Overall, I will keep using this as my staple lipstick and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a staple lipstick. It's a necessity to any growing collection of lip products!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by stargrl3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where has this lipstick been all my life? So yesterday I saw my local drugstore having a sale on all Revlon Superlustrous lipsticks for under $4. I heard that this was the lipstick (or at least the same shade) Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast and Tiffany's and decided I'll try it out. I fell in love with it immediately. It is the perfect midtone pink for fair skinned girls with warm undertones like me (NC15/20). I have been searching forever for the right pink that doesn't wash me out as many cool-toned pinks have and I'm so glad to have picked this up. I like that this is pigmented yet the color is not so strong that it screams at your face. It is very wearable and versatile and I think it will be my holy grail go-to lipstick. I like the texture and longevity too, it reminds me of MAC lipsticks at a 1/4 of the price. Can't wait to try out more from this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Had a make up obsession for yellow based pinks to go with my warm skin tone (NC45) a couple of months ago as an alternative to the brown pinks I wear everyday or the hot pinks I wear when going out. I had nearly called off the search until I looked at this...

God I love Revlon lip products...I have four of these super lustrous lippies and they are all awesome but pink in the afternoon is an everyday salmon pink pick me up...

I almost didn't buy it cos it looked so pale but don't be scared, it looks pale but it can be worn sheer. For everyday wear I don't put this all over the lips like regular lipstick but only on the inner part of my lip then rub my lips together for a really natural look. If I want to step it up it doesn't overwhelm any lipliner I put with it and it is awesome with gloss. Just don't be scared and try it!