Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

on 7/11/2013 2:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I first heard about this lipstick through MUA, took me a few months to hunt it down (it's so popular that stores tend to run out of this shade first) and now I like it so much I already purchased 2! This is a very wearable medium coral pink. The actual look on lips may vary a little toward pink or coral depending on lip pigmentation (i.e. my lips are rather pigmented so only the pink part shows, not coral). The formula is really great, it applies very evenly on my flaky-prone lips, does not settle into cracks, and is mostly not drying. Definitely recommend it.

on 7/4/2013 8:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a good classic rose and staple for many. It's creamy and moisturising but wears off quickly on me. Unfortunately it really emphasises my very pink undertones, giving me that lovely Miss Piggyesque hue. (NW15/20 for ref). I would recommend this to other people because it is such a good basic lippie, great for polished looks, bit not wonderful on me!

on 6/30/2013 12:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been searching for SO LONG for the perfect bubbly spring pink lipstick. However, as a warm-toned NC20, almost every "spring pink" color turned out to be waaaayy too blue-toned to look good on me. So when I first encountered Revlon's "Pink in the Afternoon," a yellow-toned mid-pink, it was love at first sight. Even the name is classy and adorable! As with all of the Super Lustrous line, "Pink in the Afternoon" is a gloriously long-wearing and creamy lipstick (this one in particular is also creme finish - no shimmers whatsoever).
The only cons I've found for this lipstick are, unfortunately, actually due to the creamy formula - it can emphasize dead skin on the lips (so make sure you exfoliate before applying), and tends to settle into fine lines.
But even that can't make me stop loving this lipstick. I've been looking for something like it for YEARS and now I've found it. :)

on 6/6/2013 10:57:00 AM

I absolutely adore this lipstick. I bought it on an impulse (which I seem to be doing a lot of lately - eek) and definitely don't regret it! This is such a pretty warm pink colour, which I find is great for everyday wear as it's pretty subtle and just looks lovely on the lips. I don't find the formula particularly drying compared to some lipsticks, but wouldn't risk wearing this lipstick without moisturising first. I'd say the pigmentation is good too. I think the colour is pretty universally flattering and would suit a multitude of skin tones; I've been told it looks great with my light, warm skin and dark hair/eyes but I think this lipstick shade would suit most people! The staying power is ok (I'd say it stays for between 2-4 hours on my lips) but would need reapplying throughout the day. Overall, I wouldn't be without this lipstick! It's definitely my favourite lipstick at the moment.

This lipstick is one i reach for a lot when I am just wearing my everyday eyeliner and mascara and want something pretty and easy to wear on my lips. It is the perfect shade of pink for my fair skin, sometimes they can make me look a strange colour but this one sits nicely. The formula is comfortable and it lasts about 3 hours before a touch up.

on 5/6/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

beautiful warm, dusky pink, brightening but not "barbie or lady gaga pink". really works against my NC42, yellow under toned southeast asian skin. have always looked for a wearable "bright" pink for warmer tones & this is definitely it! can wear to the office/daytime. smooth creme formula, great price and no frost (thank gawd) :) i top this with my chanel glass quartz aqualumiere & BOOM-perfect mlbb nudey glossy sexy lips! wearing it right now at work ;)

on 5/4/2013 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I would say that this is a nice, brightening pink, but when I read "brightening pink," it usually means "radioactive cotton-candy PINK," and this is a lot subtler and kinder than that. It's a warm pink that does a great job of subtly brightening up my face without looking at all frosted or neon-y. It can get a little unnatural-looking if you apply too many coats, though, which is a trap I initially fell into - I'm a red lipstick kinda gal most of the time, so I felt like I wasn't getting enough pigmentation from this subtler color. But now I've come to appreciate it for what it is: a perfect warm pink for everyday wear, pretty without drawing attention to itself.

It's Revlon SL, so of course no complaints about the formula or packaging. It comes in the usual black-and-gold tube with a clear lid (a must-have design element for me - I have to see the real color of what I'm getting, as the colors on packaging are so often misleading), and the formula is matte, with a little shine but no glitter/shimmer.

TL;DR: While I initially rejected this warm pink for being too subtle, now I adore it for exactly that reason.

on 4/27/2013 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been looking for a warm pink ever since I realized my tan no longer flatters my baby pinks and cool pinks. I've had problems with some pinks making my teeth look yellow, and my love affair with MAC chatterbox never blossomed. Thanks to my fellow MUAs I picked this up with hope.

Oh
My
God

I may never take this off.

It's very pasty if you go crazy, but as a light coat it lightens my lips to look like MLBB and gives my makeup a very mod feel especially with bare lids or a naked basics eye with matte browns and taupes. It gives your lips a polished "I'm wearing lipstick but I never try hard to look good" look. It is creamy rather than matte with no glisteny sheen. I apply a lip gloss over it to take it from night to day and slap on a smokey eye to glam it up. What a DS gem.

on 4/21/2013 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This medium rose colour is gorgeous and absolutely perfect for spring and summer. Someone very aptly described this as a perfect Victoria Secrets model lip colour :) for reference, I'm Asian with yellow undertones and medium to fair skinned - this is a very flattering colour! The only slight issue people may have is that it can be a bit drying because it is a matte formulation. However, with a little lip balm underneath you should have no problems. Revlon lipsticks for the win!

on 4/19/2013 3:51:00 AM

While the color swatches very nicely on my hand the formula is very dry and doesn't apply evenly on my lips.

Popular Lipsticks