November 23, 2014 | 1982 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

This is gonna sound crazy, but this is good for removing stains (organic ones esp.) from clothes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this as a hand wash to test it out before using on my body. It completely dried out and chapped my hands! If it can't even handle my hands it definitely wont go near my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by katlg7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been using Aveeno liquid Oatmeal body wash, until I found a generic version at Family Dollar for about 1/4 th of the price of Aveeno. It was great for my sensitive and allergic skin, but it had no scent, came out of the bottle in strange little round balls, which then dropped to the shower floor quickly. Once you learned how to use it, it worked great, but with no scent it was rather boring. I spent the night at a friend's house and forgot my oatmeal soap, so I was forced to use the regular Ivory body wash, no scent. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it did not bother my skin at all, and I felt moisturized and clean. So I go to the store to buy my own bottle, and there is also Ivory with Lavender. I love all things lavender, but was afraid to buy it in case the scent bothered me. Well, I took a chance and bought it anyway, and I LOVE this stuff! My HG of bodywashes. Smells divine, cleans and moisturizes, and rinses clean. I can't guarantee it won't irritate anyone else's sensitive skin, but I think I must have the most sensitive skin EVER and it never bothers mine! PS Just with they made it in travel sizes. The bottle is huge so I buy the little refillable plastic travel bottles and fill those.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by cindy007

I suffer from eczema on my body and this wonderful soap made it go away. I can't believe it. I always avoided it because I had heard it was drying and also because it reminded me of my elementary school days. But for some random reason one day I bought some and tried it in the shower. It did not dry out my skin, and I did not even have to use lotion afterwards. After about five days of using this soap, I noticed that the eczema on my lower back and in the crevices of my elbows were gone. Just gone. This soap is dirt cheap and so you can feel free to use as much of it as you want. I'm clean as a whistle, smell like a rose, my skin is soft and eczema free!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a facewash ( I know, I know soap is supposed to be terrible for you facial skin...) and this is the only product that keeps my skin clear and healthy looking. I have very oily skin that tends to be acne prone and Ivory is the only product that I keep coming back to, if I try something else I usually break out. This gets all of my makeup off and leaves my skin looking great. Just make sure to use a moisturizer after!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by haynmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also disliked Ivory when I was a kid, idk what it is...the smell? Anyways, just about a month ago, my mom picked it up for me (although I asked her to pick up Dove from Walmart). She claimed it was a way better deal. So, I used it & never looked back. I have super sensitive skin on my body & face. My face is also very acne prone. Ivory done cleared up my face and my body has shown no signs of sensitivity to it. This is a plus for my entire household, since 2 of my 3 kids also has this sensitive skin issue. I love how light the scent is, It does make my skin feel a little "taut" after a shower, so I apply my body& face lotion immediately after bathing. The wrapper on the bar is a little odd. The wax like paper starts to stick on the soap. I think the could fix this by packaging the soap in a box vs. paper wrap. Have & will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

Though I am a skin care junkie and tend to try many different products-this really has surprised me! I likey! I still have slightly acne prone areas and dry combo skin-yes they never say to use soap on your face but honestly this is great and effective-it literally helps my acne disappear. Esp in summer when you get those little sweat pimple things on your forehead-this totally helps get rid of those! I just went to derm and she recommened LRP and I use the moisturizer but at night I use the Ivory soap and it really takes everything off, makeup, sweat oil-yes you get a taut feeling but its nothing moisturizer cant fix-if your skin is acne prone,give this a try! Its literally like $1.00 so its not a huge investment! Who would have thought??

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Ricardiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually use Dove, but the last time I bought soap I decided to go with Ivory (with aloe) because it was in sale and massively cheaper. I have been very pleased. The smell is faint but pleasant, and I have not found it too drying. I do use cold cream on my face and tissue it off before using Ivory on my face, but the Ivory is really working for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the body wash formula.

Gentle enough to use on my face and shave my legs, this is a great product. Husband even uses it and says it doesn't break him out or make him sneeze. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by suzan88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to admit, when I was younger I hated absolutely everything about this soap. I've tried so many different products and just not 'loving' anything, so on a whim and for .97 for three bars I thought I'd try it again. I'm loving this!!! I use it for face and body. It's just...clean! I guess I'm tired of being 'overscented' from body wash, shampoo, mists, deodorants, creams, perfume...blah blah blah. I also do not find this to be drying. I'm in the minority here, but sticking with this until it proves me wrong!