I wanted to like this product SO badly, & I thought it would be amazing due to all of the reviews. However, I was not impressed. My drugstore foundation is a lot better...
Let me start off by saying that I have oily skin, a few pimples & some redness/scarring. First off, the consistency was a problem for me. It's so thin & runny, but somehow no matter how I apply this foundation it ends up looking cakey!! If you have perfect skin with no pimples, it may not look cakey. But if you have any lumps on your skin, it's cake central. No matter how little I apply, it's just cakey.
I've tried using fingers, a brush & a damp sponge. The sponge was the worst because I think it just soaked up the foundation, as when I tried to apply it it was like I had put nothing on my face. Another point of importance is the coverage. This is a full-coverage foundation, a fact which I dislike. It just looks so unnatural... I prefer sheer-medium coverage.
As for the oil control, I was expecting great things. However, this did not live up to the hype at all. By the end of the day I looked like I'd dipped my face in oil. It was literally my entire face. That doesn't usually happen.
So to conclude... I give this foundation 2 stars because it's pretty much unwearable & therefore definitely not worth the money. I am extremely disappointed in this oily & hard-to-work-with foundation.
Other random notes:
- It dries extremely fast, so you have to work fast.
- It's very difficult to remove, you need an oil-based makeup remover.
- I'm pretty sure it broke me out (must be the ridiculously high spf content).
- I also think it has whitening properties (even though the bottle doesn't say it) because I've noticed a HUGE difference in my redness from day 1 of using this.
- It has a strong sunscreen scent.
- You have to exfoliate your face really well because this foundation will cling to any dry patches & be even cakier than usual.
- I recommend this foundation for someone who is completely blemish-free & has normal to slightly oily skin.
This foundation is really good. It covers well without being thick, it blends easily and provides a natural look. Its texture is soft and thin and it contains spf 30 something which is a big plus! It offers a semi-matte result, the ideal for me. Though my skin is combo, I don't really like foundations that provide a totally matte result because they make skin look unnutural, dry and cakey.I can use this product without powder on top.
You have to shake it well before using. The packaging is also very convenient and easy to carry. This is one of my favourite foundations, after Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua.
i want to start out by saying this is THE BEST foundation i have tried. I bought this because i was looking for a foundation that would not get all over my fingers when i touched my face and lucky for me the first one i tried happened to be exactly (well almost exactly) what i was looking for. Unfortunately the shade range is terrible and i am the palest of the palest of the pale so i kind of rely on there being a good shade range to get a match, but for some reason i decided to buy this foundation in probably about 4 shades too dark (aka their lightest shade), I mix it with a white foundation to get the right colour. the texture and coverage of this foundation is perfect and it goes on super easily with a brush or with my fingers, it dries pretty quickly so work fast, but once its dry it stays put - seriously i have to scrub my hands like crazy to get it off after i put it on. it doesnt need setting with a powder, but its not the end of the world if you do, ive done it and i prefer not to just because i like as few layers as possible and i find the powders transfers onto my fingers. i have dry-ish skin but it doesnt settle into my dry bits and look gross. its just the perfect foundation, if it was in a better shade.
I bought this founadtion after I read so many good reviews about it and I really needed a foundation with a high SPF for my summer trip to Italy. It is a good foundation it last the whole day on my fairly oily skin and I would compare the coverage to that of the Revlon Colorstay. The problem with this foundation is that the shade selection is quite poor (the place I went to only had 4 shades) and it can make your skin look a little orange.
Overall I wouldn't buy it again. It's too expensive and I think I will stick to my Revlon Colorstay for now. If I need SPF I will just use a moisturiser with a 24hour sun protection as a base before applying my foundation.
UPDATE REVIEW: Ok I was applying this wrong. I was wearing it over a sunscreen which obviously affected the way that this sat on my skin. I changed the sunscreen and now this foundation looks amazing, like a second skin. My skin looks flawless! I am truly amazed by the difference from how I used to wear it to how it looks now (for reference I was wearing Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70 underneath it, and I now switched to Josie Maran Moisturizer with SPF40, the untinted version). Will be rebuying this foundation and will be more careful in the future about what I wear underneath it...I can't believe the difference in the way this looks by changing one product.
ORIGINAL REVIEW: I don't dislike this foundation, but I don't love it either. It tends to just sit on my skin and doesn't blend in easily. I apply it with a foundation sponge and it just never looks like my skin, it always looks like I am wearing a full coverage foundation. It can also feel quite cakey too which I don't like. I love the fact that it has a sunscreen, but sadly this doesn't perform like I thought it would. I don't get a matte finish from it, more satiny, and although it lasts quite a while it doesn't last like Revlon's Colorstay foundation. I am disappointed in this but I will continue to use it because of the sunscreen until I find something better (or go back to Revlon).
- OVERALL: Great long-lasting SPF foundation for oily/combination skin. Medium to full coverage that can be sheered out for a light and natural look or layered to achieve a more done-up one. Easy to blend, with a semi-matte finish. Not recommended for photos, due to SPF. Shade selection poor.
- PRICE: $35
(Funny thing, by the way. Sometimes they do not have this foundation out on the counter -- I've encountered this at a couple Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's locations! Remember that this foundation comes in a little blue bottle, similar to their sunscreen packaging, but it is a foundation. If you don't see it out, just describe it and ask for it.)
- PACKAGING: Cute blue bottle similar to their sunscreen packaging. You have to shake it up before use.
- SHADES: The shade selection is terrible. I think there are like seven available. I'm around NC20 and I wear SP40. It's not a perfect match but it's not terrible. I originally had SP50, which is very similar to SP40, except more pink/beige. I went with SP40 because it's more yellow, though it's a bit light.
- CONSISTENCY: Runny. But it has great coverage and it blends in easily and seamlessly. Can accentuate dry patches though.
- COVERAGE: Medium to full, though light is possible.
- FINISH: Semi-matte, though it depends on your coverage. It is possible to achieve a very natural look with this foundation, though if you need more coverage, you will obviously look less natural. Still, the pigmentation is good so you don't need to look cakey.
- SPF: 42. This does not photograph well, so be aware of that. Although there is a slight white cast in general, it's not that bad. But bring in flash photography and you'll be a ghost.
- HYDRATION: I have oily skin that can get dehydrated, especially in the winter. Right now, this foundation can leave my skin a bit tight if I do not moisturize carefully. I don't think I would recommend this for dry skin, though it wouldn't hurt to try it. Oily and combination should do perfectly fine as long as you exfoliate regularly.
- LASTING-POWER: When I use my Beauty Blender, I get decent lasting power, but nothing crazy. Most foundations cannot last on my oily skin so it wasn't something I was too surprised about. However, when I buff this in, it truly lasts. And by that, I mean I have tested it with a solid 12 hours. I personally love the finish that the BB gives me, so I buff with a brush and then go over everything with the BB after. I do have one issue with lasting-power, which I touch on below.
- OIL-CONTROL: Similar to what I mentioned above, I get better lasting-power and oil-control when I buff this foundation in. The only issue is that the make-up seems to break down a bit around my nose. Generally, my nose and chin are definitely areas where make-up tends to break down. With this foundation, I only see it fading a bit around my nose after a couple of hours. It's not a huge deal, really, but I do find it a bit frustrating because the patchy fading is rather unattractive. However, other than that everything else stays looking great for hours and hours.
ETA: I wore this daily when I was at Walt Disney World in super hot, super humid Florida. Let me just say this foundation was an absolute lifesaver. It lasted beautifully for the 12-13 hours I was out each day, controlling oil and resisting sweat/water. Even on some of the worst days, when I was sweating from every pore in the center of my face (ew), all the sweat did was pool on top of the foundation. I just carefully blotted the sweat with a tissue and my makeup was still perfect. Of course, by the end of the night, I wasn't looking as immaculate, as oil started to break through, but I looked flawless for at least 8 hours, and then just slightly less so.
this foundation doesn't have this high spf only spf 30 otherwise it is all the same. it comes in this nice small bottle that contains small ball in it to help mix contents the sponge comes in a separate plastic protector very hygenic...........the consistancy is very liquidy ana though the sponge applies the products nicely it absorbs much of it so i wouldn't recommend using it for application only for removing exess or sthg........when applied it gives this nice glow partly because of the spf in it however it looks nice and fresh. it has a very good staying power and it is not just there it looks much like it was 1st applied fresh and homogeneous i really like it and i think it will b my fav for a while
This is a really good foundation for the summer. I've been using it in the winter now, and it is really too drying to be a winter foundation for me. If you have dry skin or any flakiness, this foundation will accentuate it. But, if you have normal-oily skin like I do in the summer, this is amaaaazing! It blends easily, covers well, lasts throughout the day (as long as you set with powder), and looks very natural. I'm very light and the SP20 is perfect for me. I bought it online and didn't try it on, so I was shocked that it was a perfect match for me. Overall, a great foundation, but I knocked a lippie off because I can only wear it in the summer.
For reference, my skin type is sensitive, combination and acne-prone with fading pink acne scarring.I am usually the lightest/2nd lightest in most foundation brands and in MAC terms, slightly lighter than a NC15 (which is a tad too dark).
First off, the positives. Generally, I LOVE this foundation! It comes in a little blue bottle which you HAVE to shake befor using, to mix up the foundation and the sunscreen and it comes out of a plastic nozzle which is brilliant as it minimises on mess, especially as the consistency of the foundation is very liquidy.
I applied using the Real Techiques Expert Face Brush, which I stippled onto my skin rather than buffing, as the buffing can leave it a little streaky. To ensure a perfect, smooth application, I used the sponge which came which the foundation to pat over my face. I did try using just the sponge to apply, but it soaked up so much foundation and gave a super sheer cover, whereas I favour slightly heavier coverage for my acne scars. The finish isn't shimmery, but neither is it matte - it's a kind of luminous almost dewy finish, very fresh! It looks so natural, but can be layered to reach the desired coverage. I do have to use concealor for my darkest acne scars, but the overall finish is perfect, natural, fresh skin.
The lasting power is unbelievable - I set with Clinique's loose powder and this didn't budge from my 8-hour shift on a shop floor. It didn't settle into pores, didn't create little pools of oil on top of my skin and didn't slide off my face. I removed this with first with Bioderma and cotton pads, and then Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm which is absolutely necessary. You NEED to use an oil-based cleanser to remove this, otherwise it is very likely you will break out.
Now, onto the negatives. The colour selection is truly awful - in the UK, it starts at SP40 and I have no idea why Shisedo think that super fair people don't reside in the British Isles. Anyway, so I was matched to SP50 which is very similar to SP40 in terms of "lightness", but SP50 is more neutral/pink whereasSP40 is very yellow. When I first apply it, it's a little bit too dark but acceptable. However, it does oxidise a little and eventually turns just that smidgen too dark. It wouldn't give me second glances in the street, but I know that it's too dark. To remedy this, I've ordered the shade SP20 to mix with SP50...I love this foundation that much!
Also, having such a high SPF, this isn't for photographs as it will leave a white cast in photographs. The only other gripe I have is that it can cling a little to dry patches (ie. a healing blemish), so make sure your skin is well prepped and moisturised.
I thinking I may have found my HG, and I don't say that lightly. I've spent years and hundreds of £££'s trying to find that perfect foundation (Clinique, Dior, Chanel, Revlon, Rimmel, Bourjois, Shu Umera, Pixi, No.7, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Lily Lolo, Laura Mercier etc.) and I think that may be it!
I like this foundation but it has a major issue. The color range is lacking. I am NC30 to NC 35 and I chose 50. It seems really dark but it's so light. The colors are more beige than yellow, which I need. I do get oily, so it's not a miracle worker in that aspect. However, it does give a nice natural finish and covers spots pretty well. I also how light it feels at the same time. I think if I could find my color it would be a great foundation. If you can find yours, give it a try!