October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Powder - Estee Lauder - Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mrsmacdonald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This seems to go on over my foundation (Double Wear) well. It also seems to take a little of the ghostly finish that the double wear leaves because I have to use shell because the one up from that is too dark. it doesn't keep me from having to blot (super oily skin) about once a day.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by lianna82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

While the packaging on this is fine, and the idea of oil-control, matte finish is great, this isn't a great powder. It does control oil on my super oily face for a few hours. But the gross part is it leaves a thick film on my skin that comes off under my fingernails if I scratch my face. I don't pile it on too thick. It just leaves a nasty layer. Not something I would buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hypergrl15

I love, love, love this pressed powder~ It looks so natural and yet keeps my t-zone shine free the whole day. It's wonderful and you can hardly feel it, the skin can still breathe easily and won't break out unlike when using some other oil-control things. The color is great. I have this in light-medium. It blends so easily, just remember to use a light hand, not to get to much in one application, you don't have to use a digging motion when getting the powder, just use a light rubbing motion and layer it one by one to get an awesome look.

What's amazing about this is that usually, we have to use concealer and foundation to cover the pimples, but often, when I'm too lazy to put that stuff on, this powder, makes the pimples so much less obvious, that if you don't look closely, you can't see them.... love it and would definitly buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Kristen123 must be reviewing a different product because this powder is fragrance free just as it states on the package. I like this just ok. I have it in light 01. Does not clog my pores and does minimizes shine. Works well with EL DoubleWear liquid foundation. I just do not reach for it as I prefer using loose powders. Contains parabens.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 6:33:00 AM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well it is not a bad product, lasts forever and controls oil but not good enough - after 2 - 3 hours Tzone shines... But it is suitable also for sensitive skin and looks natural. Not bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by JEC89123

I love this powder. It goes on smooth and blush or bronzer slides over the top perfectly. This powder makes my skin look perfect and lasts most of the day. I only touch up if I am going out for dinner, etc.

FYI: 28 yr/old, Combo skin with oily t-zone. cystic acne prone.
Been using this over 2years.

UPDATE: 8.7.09: I removed 2 lippies from my review because I recently repurchased this item and they redid the packaging and I swear they redid the formula. First, the package now comes with a gold rim around the edge which makes it impossilbe to evenly use the powder so the middle wore down very quick. I eventually removed the gold plastic rim and just worry that it is going to crumble in my makeup bag at any moment. In addition, this product used to last me about 5 months and this one has only lasted about 6 weeks. Because of this, I swear they changed the formula and I don't plan to repurchase this due to these to things. I am sad to have to change! It is no longer worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

I don't believe that there is a powder or a skin care product that controls oil production completely .This powder is no exception.But at least is one of the best oil controlling powders in the market.I mean that keeps my face matte for much longer hour than with all the other powders.Equally good is the stay matte and the clarifying powder from Clinique.This one now has one only disadvantage has quite thick texture and also adds some coverage.Personally I don't like that.I want my powder that I carry in my bag for touch ups,during the day,to be completely transparent and translucent, to have the lightest possible texture and not to add any kind of coverage or texture to my make up.This is only the reason that I wouldn't buy this powder again

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by kristen123

I have oily skin so I thought this would be the perfect foundation-yea right! After about 30 minutes of just regular wear my face looked like an oil spill and the perfume fragrance of it is way too much! Would NEVER buy again!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by neenee17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really thought i was going 2 love this b/c i have oily skin and i had heard that it was really good at controlling oil so i got it and it was wayyy 2 light and made me look pink plus it didn't really control the oil at all within a 10 or 15 min i would have 2 reaply my powder i will never buy this stuff again

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

hard to open horrible product for ME Igot it in lightest color..looks wayyyyyyy tooooooo shimmery and thick ewwwww.. the only powder I could heavily FEEL on my face
looked like I put some cheap covergirl sparkly eyeshadow all over my face just yuck yuck yuck the worst and I paid $25 for it
maybelline shine free looks more natural and works much better and also origins silk screen powder.. which I just bought to replace this estee lauder crap
I like estee lauder I use the double wear in bone every day but this powder is the worst, its a little gummy n sticky too... im 33 I can honestly say ive never tried a WORSE powder and ive used them all!!!!
so suggestions from me if u have a similar experience are " origins, silk screen" "erno laszlo for oily skin powder loose" or even maybelline shine free
or if you can find it.. loreal translucide vitamin C powder because its talc free
sigh. another $25 iin the trash
this was similar to shiseido powder which I also hated but not as much as this one. Tossed it in trash along with some other reviewers here did! I work in retail so I just chalk it up as aloss when I buy expensive make up products that I dont like..and learn my lesson.... they work commission, so do I. so I refuse to return anything.... but I dont know when it comes to cosmetics maybe we all should when we hate something so they can improve their products. we all know the BEST products that we all love get discontinued for some strange reason so I havent figured it out yet.