October 24, 2014 | 1592 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Sychoatic

This product is GREAT if you have dry skin, however my skins quiet oily and I only really get dry on my top lip and thats only during winter months, but it takes great care of clearing up any dryness from time to time when I do need it.

I actually gave my bottle to my mom because her skin is dry and flakey and it worked great for her. It feels very light but its a very intense moisturizer meant for people who needs extra moisture.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 7:38:00 AM More reviews by jomdaly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot tolerate a heavy scent, so I was glad to find this product a few months ago. I have rosecea and it did not aggrevate it. I found that the light Shiseido moisturizer works much better and is also basically scent-free. However, the Dove moisturizer is very good for the price and I may buy it again when the Shiseido product is gone just because I don't want to have to take out a loan to buy the high-end product, no matter how well it works.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 10:36:00 AM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product for awhile, and it works OK, but its not perfect. For one, I feel like it leaves my skin feeling sort of damp/sticky. It doesn't sink in right away. I noticed this really when I tried the Olay's sensitive lotion and it sank in immediately leaving my skin smooth. Also, Dove's has a lot of ingredients and one (or more) irritates my skin if I use it too much. I know its supposed to be advanced and all, but really sensitive skin doesn't do well with lots of ingredients. If I use it for a day or two its fine, but beyond that I get little red bumps. Perhaps people with only slightly sensitive skin or normal skin won't have any problems. While not as "advanced" per se, I would recommend trying Olay's sensitive skin lotion over this. I have had far better results!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a nice, lightweight face moisturizer. It has a pleasant scent (although it's "fragrance free"), good packaging, and most importantly, it does the job right! My face is always so smooth, soft, and supple after I use this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't understand it, but this product feels like I'm spreading candle wax on my face. It feels smooth at first but the more I try to rub it on, the stickier and harder it gets. (That's what she said. Heh!) No one else seems to be complaining, so did I just get a bad one? Anyway, I won't be buying it again. I'm sorry I cheated on you, Olay. It was all a big mistake.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 6:45:00 PM More reviews by julia_s

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very impressed with this product! I used to think that having been cursed with blemish prone yet dry-combination skin I'd never find a great moisturizer! This is an excellent lotion that moisturizes dry, flaky skin without causing blemishes - as close to a miracle product as I can expect.

I actually like that this product does not have spf since certain sunscreens can cause blemishes - so I prefer the flexibility of using a seperate sunscreen where I can choose the appropriate active ingredients for my skin.

In my personal experience, I do not find that this gives a matte finish, but since I prefer the "dewy" complexion, this is a plus for me.
    This very reasonably priced and extremely effective moisturizer is a definite keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 11:34:00 PM More reviews by gargar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

definitely my HG!!! it's perfect for sensitive/combination skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by rd_donaldson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this moisturizer! It is just the right weight for my combination skin and doesn't make me break out. I like how it feels under make-up, or just out of the shower on days I don't wear any make-up. I like that it doesn't have a strong scent. I just hate how hard it seems to be to find this. I've checked a couple of stores (including the one I used to buy it at) and they don't seem to be carrying it anymore. If I find it, I'll be stocking up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by adrianabozzo

This Product is the best, I won't use any other moisturizer...once in a while when i need something stronger i will use clinque. But Dove is the best, just the right amount of moisture and won't cause any breakouts....sits good under make up too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 11:53:00 AM More reviews by moonandtheriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice moisturizer. Light, airy, not sticky or tacky at all. Sinks right in and gives me a smooth finish. Good under my makeup and no irritating smell. Great for my sensitive skin and doesnt break me out. Most moisturizers leave my skin feeling and looking oily right after applying, not this one. The cap is a little awkward but thats the only thing wrong with this product. Thumbs up!