MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 11/9/2014 7:03:00 PM

The perfect red, flattering, classic and strong without being garish.

on 11/1/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Holy Grail Product

I thought this would be too dark, but it's not. It is deep, rich, and matte, but creamy, and the application can be toned down with a light, controlled hand. It's just bright enough,and a near perfect color for me as a cool/neutral. IMO, it's a blue red, with just enough added warmth to prevent the "Red" from turning into a fuchsia or berry tone. It's perfection, and I hope they never change it.

on 10/31/2014 11:46:00 AM

This is my second tube; however im sure it isnt as blue as last time? Seems slightly more brick red to me. I put it on for nice occasions; but take a loreal dupe in my bag out with me as im terrified i will lose it (or someone will want to borrow it....hell no way)!

on 10/26/2014 1:47:00 AM

Amazing shade. You wond find it anywhere else

on 10/16/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

On my second tube of this shade. I have very pale skin, dark eyes and hair, and the bluish undertones of this color are perfect for me. I don't find it too drying, though exfoliating and moisturizing pre lippie is important. I also always take of any color reapply moister and then reapply lipstick when touching up for the best results. Otherwise I find the color can get clumpy and darker in some areas!

on 10/12/2014 1:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My favourite lipstick ever! I have been in love with this lipstick ever since I first bought it (2010) the colour is perfect with my skin tone and red hair, I always get compliments and I use the Mac lip pencil brick with it. I do think it looks different on everyone though. It lasts ages aswell so worth the £14. I only ever have to apply it once and it lasts all day. If your looking for a red lip stick this has to be the one!!

on 9/26/2014 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

LOOOOOOOVE THIS LIPSTICK!
It gives that old hollywood classy look, especially when lined with the Cherry lipliner. Lasted me hours (though i do suggest exfoliating and a lip balm before applying because it is a matte lipstick)
It would have to be a very elegant occasion for me to wear this though, or else I'd feel too out of place for an everyday red.

on 9/24/2014 11:42:00 AM

This is the perfect red for someone with super fair skin! (Even ruby woo comes off oddly on me) Totally gorgeous and glamorous, I get compliments every time I wear it! Only downside is the price, 38$ for a lippy that is sold in America a lot cheaper is a bummer but if you go for one red mac lipstick, this is the one

on 9/23/2014 1:56:00 PM

The most classy lipstick ever. I really love Ruby Woo as well but this is much more sophisticated..it's a red carpet lipstick. DIVINE

on 9/13/2014 6:15:00 AM