November 23, 2014 | 1005 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I picked this up Two years back and since then it's my go to red. it's a vintage, old hollywood glamour TRUE RED that lasts on your lips for 6 hrs easy.

Now although the finish is "almost" matted this lipstick is on the cremer side so it applies nicely (for anyone that's tried ruby woo this one is nothing like it when applying!) and more forgiving of dry lips then the typical full on matte lipsticks. very pigmented too.

the one con I can think of is that because the formela is on the creamy side a bit you'll have to careful not to get it on your clothes when changing, things will get messy and because this is a bright red it'll show!

I'm an NC15 so both cool toned and very pale, sometimes this red feels like too much on me and more of an evening colour, still when I do wear it during the day even on it's own it's enough to turn heads :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by louloulemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Being timid of wearing red for the longest time I finally decided to take the plunge and go for it. This is the absolute best colour, very pigmented and suits every skin tone. Really love this MAC lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by SecondCityPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Just quite simply the best red lipstick I've ever had. Lasts 8hrs plus, only seems to come off with food but lasts through many drinks. Perfect for all skin types. A really nice, vintage, true red. My problem with many mattes is that unless your lips are perfectly smooth they gather round creases etc. but no such problem here, goes on brilliantly either directly or with a brush. I've bought many cheaper lipsticks in an attempt to get the perfect red I've always wanted, and I've bought more expensive ones too but this is the best and it's worth every penny. I'd pay three times the price for it's look, it's feel, it's durability and it's staying power. I always wanted a red lipstick that I could wear with no other make up whatsoever. My skin is medium fair and my lashes and brows are light brown so this was a tall order, but I feel comfortable wearing this with nothing else but moisturiser on my face. I have a lot of redness in my face and the intensity of Russian Red's pigment just seems to blow all the unwanted redness away yet at the same time it looks great with a bit of blusher. Just fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Russian red is a beautiful, classy colour! I love it's pigmentation and ease of gliding it on my lips! In comparison to the other reds I own mac red, ruby woo and lady danger, rr is a lot smoother than ruby woo but very similar in colour. Just a tad darker on my lips. Mac red is also similar but because rr is matte so there is minimum shine while mac red is satin so comes across glossier. The longevity is around 4-5 hours but if you eat greasy oily meals expect it to be around 2-3 hours. Overall rr was my first red and it lasted me over two years before I replaced it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Sara44

This is a great colour, easy to apply and lasts a great amount of time. It's a classic!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Favourite Matte red lipstick, once it sets is doesn't budge, beautiful on very pale skin tones for a really classic look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

This is love at first swipe (even though I swiped it over lip balm), it is very pigmented. It's a classic red, the red that will stand the test of time, the red that's famous then, famous now and will still be famous for generations to come. It instantly made me look more elegant, more sophisticated, sexier and more confident. It's like power in a lipstick! Yes, I'm exaggerating. Lol.

The only thing I hate about it is: obviously its very drying formula. It sucks the moisture out of my lips so I swipe a tinted balm under and over it. But it's a matte so that's a given. I can't imagine what Ruby Woo would feel like!

A good dupe for this is Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in the shade #01. I have both. Russian Red is just a matte version and a tad darker. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by SStar777

This is my fav red lipstick of all time. I love this lipstick soooooooo much. I will always repurchase it. This is my fav mac lipstick of all time. A PERFECT RED lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by emmahlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this lip colour.
I'm not usually a lipstick person, and the only other shade I've really loved was Beguiled from Topshop's make up line, but I think that shade is on the way out and after hearing so many rave reviews about this lipstick and the way it suits so many colours I figured I had to try it.

The only other lipstick I've bought from MAC before was 'Vegas Volt' and I hated it. I don't know what it was about it but I couldn't bring myself to wear it. It made me look pasty and washed out, plus it was quite shiny and greasy. I ended up giving it to my Mum who seems to like it better than I did.

Russian Red is the total opposite. The blue based red is really complementary to my pale skin, and from reviews I've read myself it seems to suit the majority of people. The finish is probably my favourite thing about it - the matte finish makes it so chic to wear and once it's on it stays put. I like to put a really light dab on with some lip balm during the day for a bit of colour and then for night really layer it on to get the most out of the gorgeous red colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by aleehsirk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

First and foremost, I loved its deep color - it looks classy and brings out my neutral skin tone. It looks good whether I wear gold or silver accessories.

The consistency, it is semi-matte so what I do is I put on a lip balm first so my lips won't chap, put on a red lip liner, then top if off with this lipstick. The only thing that bothers me when wearing red lips is when I eat/drink, I have to re-apply the product since the colors in the middle part of your lips fade already (not that I don't expect that).

Without eating/drinking, I can wear this lipstick for 4 hours straight and the color will still be there, just have to retouch it a little bit afterwards.