Olay Total Effects-Fragrance Free

3.7

WATER/EAU, GLYCERIN, ISOHEXADECANE, NIACINAMIDE*, DIMETHICONE, ISOPROPYL ISOSTEARATE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, SORBITAN STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, SUCROSE POLYCOTTONSEEDATE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, PANTHENOL**, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE***, STEARYL ALCOHOL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, DIMETHICONOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLPARABEN, LAURETH-7, PROPYLPARABEN, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG- 100 STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYLPARABEN, OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLATE, YELLOW 5, RED 40.

on 10/18/2011 4:49:00 PM

I have dry and sensitive skin and was looking for moisturizer which can even prevent wrinkles. Olay total effects fragrance free version seemed perfect choice. But to my disappointment, the first application burned my face badly and gave me red patches on my cheeks. I tried to ignore. The next application was almost horrible, my skin was more red, irritated and above all super dry!! It feels that this product is filled with some cheap chemicals. Its not gentle and definitely not a product for dry and sensitive skin.
Will not buy it again. Returning back to Body shop's Vitamin e range.

on 8/1/2011 8:55:00 PM

After my dermatologist told me that my La Prairie Anti-Aging Emulsion SPF 30 ($190!) was much too heavy for me I started to seriously research lotions. I came across the Consumer Reports Wrinkle Cream Ratings from 2007 and saw that some of Oil of Olay's products scored on top for effectiveness, and some of La Prairie's scored on the very bottom. When considering the price difference I was a bit skeptical but I went in with an open mind.
I started with the Olay Regenerist Serum and quickly realized I could only use Olay fragrance-free products. After reviewing the Olay product line, I started using this product last year and all I can say is WOW. My skin has never looked better, as my husband, friends, and relatives keep telling me. My former 42 year-old acne prone skin is now dewy, soft, and blemish free. I don't know why this stuff works so well for me but I'm just glad that it does. I love this and the fragrance-free SPF 15 version. My new HGs for day and night. I still swear by La Prairie's makeup but this Olay Total Effects lotion has been great for my skin. Love, love, love it!

on 5/28/2011 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would only buy this again in the winter time since i have oily skin during summer. This moisturizer was very good for my skin in the winter times. It helps moisturize and also even out my skin texture. Now that the weather had warmed up, i need to find something that works the same as this moisturizer but control oils or don't turn oily after a few hours. The price is reasonable, i do feel that the packaging was a bit cheap since my pump felt like it was going to pop out when i use it.
Even though this product has a pump, the pump push out too much products, i only need half of what it pumps out. So be careful when pumping the products out. I started to notices a change in my skin texture after 3-4 days of wearing this moisturizer, not a dramatic change but slight change. After 3 weeks of wearing this moisturizer, i notice my foundation goes on smoothly and if i use a primer under my foundation then my skin will look almost flawless.
I really hope Olay will come out with a moisturizer for controlling oil.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like the feel and texture of this product. I don't know if it does anything for my skin though. I don't really notice much change in my skin regardless of what skincare I use so I'm lucky in that sense. I tend to trust Olay as a brand so even though they're a drugstore I feel like to product quality products. When my anti-aging requirements go up I want to try their regenerist products. I know their total effects line were top pics of magazines a few years ago, but they seemed to be overshadowed by newer lines and products now.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i have been using this for about 2 years. i cannot say it does anything fantastic (i really don't know), but what it does not do is break me out. it is not greasy at all, it absorbs fast. and i figure, it isnt hurting, and some anti age properties in it are fine w me. my skin likes it enough not to break out, so i shall continue to use.

on 4/14/2011 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ive been using this for the last year or so.. I think its ok, but not that great. I dont really know if it does all it promises.I think you can get a cheap moisturizer to do the same thing for alot less money. I dont really see anything that special in it..

on 4/13/2011 4:29:00 AM

Nonononono..! Ingredients look great, it has good reviews and is frequently recommended as a good budget option but dried my skin out and broke it out + made it look red and inflamed and feel itchy.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Broke out in a rash all over my face. I'm not sure if it's a specific ingredient the company uses.

on 3/31/2011 9:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because I have been having dehydrated skin that has lasted me for weeks, & I hoped this could help. I normally have combo skin, that's more towards oily. I used it for the 1st time overnight & woked up to a slightly oilier skin than has been normal for me these past few weeks. This looks promising, or so I thought. I used it for the 2nd time in the morning, before going off to work. By 10 am I had a shiny looking face. By 11 am, I started having red rashes over my cheek, beside my nose, chin & forehead, and my skin was starting to itch. By 12.30 noon, I couldn't stand it anymore, had to clean it all off my face. I have friends with great skins who have been using this for years. However, sad to say, it just didn't work for me. I think Olay & me don't go together, as their other products either gave me similar results, or clogged up my pores.

on 2/13/2011 12:22:00 PM

This is an excellent moisturizer. It is a joy to apply and has a silky touch. I also have very dry skin but this moisturizer hydrated me throughout the day without feeling greasy. I would definitely buy it again. I think it's around 16 which is quite expensive, but i think its very worth the money.