April 17, 2014 | 1668 users online

Scrubs - Remede - sweep

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2005 11:12:00 AM More reviews by nlam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this product's reviews are SO varied! well, my experience is varied, too. i'd definitely buy again even though the price is frankly ridiculous, simply because i've tried many other facial scrubs and have never had results like this. that said, i think this is a very specific product. i can only use it on oily areas (for me, around the nose and chin) where a good thorough scrubbing feels SO AWESOME. wow - the tiny marble particles really get in there and i feel smoother and more refreshed than i've ever felt! however, if i try to use it on normal areas, it results in irritation and bumpiness. probably too chafing. i suggest using this in the shower, where ambient steam can soften and prep skin for this treatment. otherwise, it might be too harsh. anyway, i use this maybe once every 2 weeks, and only require a pearl-sized amount, so the tube will last forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2005 6:02:00 PM More reviews by dkrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this scrub. I have tried several including dermalogica daily microexfoliant and their skin prep scrub. I am 37 with great skin except for pms breakouts and other who knows what the hell hormonal occasional breakouts. I found this to be effective, non drying, non irritating and made my face very soft. However, I do think it is too expensive. $44 for a scrub? That would only be justified if it scrubbed off 10 years....

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2005 5:49:00 PM More reviews by melindat

I bought this product because of it's popularity/cult following, but really didn't notice any difference in my skin tone and pores after using it. For the price I paid, I expected it to make a difference or at least make my face feel soft. It did nothing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Cassandra

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My PC 1% BHA just wasn't exfoliating my "surface" flakes. I decided to try this in hopes it would rid me of my "surface" flakes, especially around my mouth, while being gentle and non-irritating. I purchased this Scrub for $44.00 at Sephora and although expensive, I would say well worth it. It proved to be gentle and effective. No more "surface" flakes.... just nice smooth skin. The texture of this scrub is very fine as well. I would definately recommend this product and would purchase again. Although, if I am able to find another similiar product for less I may switch. :)....ps, be sure to use with a damp face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2005 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Sunny_Bunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure why this is a "cult favorite", it's not *that* spectacular - although it is really nice - I like how fine it is, it doesn't irritate my skin - and it feels superbly soft afterwards - it is rather pricey at $44 for 2.5oz - I find that I need, or like, to use more than a little at a time; so maybe that's my problem!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2004 1:46:00 AM More reviews by casimmons23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this scrub!! The grains are so smooth that I don't end up all irritated and feel like I can really rub it in without worry. I use this with a cleanser to make it a little more moist. This lasts forever, so I feel it's good value. Have already repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2004 12:50:00 PM More reviews by 7girl

I like Sweep quite a bit but it is really expensive. A Bliss rep told me that the Middleweight exfoliator is just about the same (but has fragrance, which I actually like) and costs a lot less.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by angellical

I had microdermabrasion done at Bliss and the facialist told me how important it was to exfoliate my skin daily. She recommended this scrub because of its fine particles, which I needed for my slightly sensitive, flaky, oily skin. I bought it and I don't use it daily because it's too much with my glycolic night lotion--maybe only twice a week. I do love that it doesn't irritate and leaves my skin sooo soft. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase because I'm sure there is something better out there and I just have to find it :).

5/24/06 Update:

I've tried other scrubs and I just bought another tube of Sweep. It's the only one I have found that gently removes flakes without irritating my skin. I also like that it is unscented. There's nothing worse than scrubbing a disgusting scent into your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 1:14:00 PM More reviews by raindancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a holy grail of a manual exfoliator. I got this as part of a sample pack in my Bliss order, and I just wish I had the money to purchase it now, because it is some great stuff. Yes, it's expensive, but I think it's worth it. No other product even compares, the evenness and fineness of the grains allow for an even polish on the skin, without abrading or irritating it. Also, since the grains are crushed marble, they do not "dissolve" on the face. There is no real scent, though you do "smell" the marble it is far from unpleasant, very natural and barely noticeable. The feel of it is like a grainy cream, but not at all moisturizing. I really love Sweep, and I think a variety of skins could benefit. Mine is dry and sensitive, but I think that oily-sensitive skin would do extremely well with this also.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2004 11:54:00 AM More reviews by beyondweb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Feels like baking soda mixed to a thick paste. I used this several times and am just not impressed enought to buy again even if this were only $5 at my local drugstore.