Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream

3.5

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU, DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL, MYRISTYL MYRISTATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ALGAE EXTRACT, CETYL PHOSPHATE, POLYPERFLUOROMETHYLISOPROPYL ETHER, CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY), ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL, ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM), LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER), JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE), RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CHOLESTEROL, LINOLEIC ACID, TREHALOSE, GLYCERIN, CAFFEINE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ACRYLAMIDES COPOLYMER, MYRISTYL LAURATE, PHYTANTRIOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBITAN LAURATE, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE, GLYCINE, CARBOMER, HYDROXYPROLINE, PROLINE, SODIUM CARBOMER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL

on 9/9/2010 9:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

the BA suggests me highly of this moisturizer before using foundation. it is said that can help a the foundation smooth well. however I don't quite like the texture of it. it is a bit too rich for me and the foundation looks cakey after it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

tried the sample I am not impressed with this cream. i would say it is mediocre. feels smooth applying this cream but that is all. nothing special. smell is a bit weird but it takes just time to get used to it. essential oil smell mixed with some lavender and mint flavor. my skin feels a bit relaxed after appication of this cream but after a while it is feeling dry again. I can easily pick up any other moisturization hydrating face dream that works better, and for half less of its price.

on 6/23/2010 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Smelled musty like an attic, and dimethicone (a silicone oil) was the 2nd ingredient. While I'm a fan of many BB products, I just didn't care for this one at all. I actually felt toxic beginning halfway through the day, something in this that got absorbed into the skin and my body had trouble detoxing (myristol myristate?). So glad I had 2 sample packets to try out and didn't buy a full jar of this.

My first encounter with this cream was as a free sample that came with my Bobbi Brown online order. I wasn't expecting to like it because the fragrance reminded me of mint toothpaste, so immediately after dabbing the cream on my face I threw the rest of the sample away. A couple of hours later, I noticed that the cream had absorbed into my face completely and my skin felt very smooth. I don't get that kind of result with my usual moisturizer. So of course, I was kicking myself for throwing the rest of the sample away! A few weeks later, I purchased a full-sized jar of the cream. Because it's quite heavy, I don't use it every night -- maybe just every two to three nights. My skin feels great afterwards and I did not have any kind of reaction to it. I just wish it came as a pump dispenser instead of a jar.

on 4/23/2010 4:39:00 PM

I was sad to find out that this gave me hives. I get them easily on my face - not sure what ingredient does it, but something in this cream did not agree with me. I love the texture and the light fragrance, and if I have to keep it, I'll use it on my hands.

on 4/7/2010 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry & very very sensitive skin & this didn't irritate my skin at all, The finish of my skin felt very smooth after putting it on, almost like how a primer would leave your skin? The redness i've had around my nose for 6+ years died down & was looking better after using this - although i'm also using rosehip oil & switching around with other moisturizers so it may not have been this! I imagine it would be good for under makeup due to the smooth finish it leaves.

on 4/7/2010 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't say for the bad reviews here but I am surprised to see so many of them! I finally had a chance to try this hydrating cream from BB and I really love it! It is not greasy to start with which caters to my need, as my face can be oily and yet as I enter into my 30s my face tends to get dry sometimes so I still need some good moisturizer which can provide enough hydration with light texture. I think this one does a pretty good job in providing moisture to my face. What draws me into it is its soothing scent. It makes me look forward to putting it on every night, even though I have other brand name facial creams sitting there. This is how good this hydrating cream is! Sometimes you simply want to use a certain products not because they provide any astonishing results but you just look forward to incorporating them into your daily regimen.

All in all, the cream is a fairly good moisturizer, with reasonable price as well. But I don't think it has any anti aging effect so if you are looking for one with anti aging this might not be a good candidate. Or you can do like I do to put an anti aging serum prior to applying this cream.

on 3/28/2010 5:37:00 PM

If you have any skin sensitivity I would absolutely advise you to try a sample of this cream first.
This was rec'd to me by the MA at my local BB counter to help my dehydrated combo skin.
This feels lovely going on, nice and hydrating, and best of all it is quickly absorbed.
However my skin hates one of the ingredients in this. I'm guessing it's one of the essential oils but I dont know for sure.
Within 10 minutes of application my face is hot and red and feels parched and looks tight and horrible.
It's taken a week and my skin still hasn't settled down completely.

on 2/28/2010 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product and all Bobbi Brown products except eye balm. My face feels moisturized and fresh. Nice scent as well.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Okay, so having not used this cream for over a year I decided that I needed to give it a try again.

I LOVE IT!! I must have had something weird going on with my skin the last time I used this because it stung/burned my cheeks so I stopped using Bobbi's skin care all together and dabbled in this and that...(now her skin care line is all I use)

Fast forward almost 2 years and I can't live without this stuff. Being someone with dry/combination skin, I wasn't sure if this was going to be something that would work for me since most SA's sell this to people with dry/dehydrated skin or to people with maturing skin. But I was wrong and couldn't be happier! Its super hydrating and smells fresh and amazing! Doesn't leave your skin greasy or sticky, just cushioned and soft and perfectly prepped for makeup. Will definitely repurchase and recommend this to anyone looking for a great face cream that doesn't mind spending the extra money. Around the holidays Bobbi releases this online and in store at a 3.4oz size for $74. And that's a steal. The regular size is 1.7oz for $50. So you actually save $24-25 dollars buying the bigger size. The glass jar doesn't bother me in the least. I love that it looks super chic and classy while sitting on my vanity, lol.

EDIT: 9/25/2011

This has been reformulated since my last review on this absolutely amazing cream. And to my great happiness it has been changed for the better! It's still the same cream only its been tweaked. And it now comes in an acrylic type plastic jar. My skin has remained the same, Combo. Oily tzone dry cheeks. Mostly dry/dehydrated skin from not drinking enough water, but none the less flawless. I would still recommend this to just about anyone who needs a great light but very hydrating face cream. This also works very well under my makeup and doesn't make me look greasy at all. Totally 10 stars.