July 31, 2014 | 2128 users online

Moisturizers - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Face Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by caitlyncrafts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first encounter with this cream was as a free sample that came with my Bobbi Brown online order. I wasn't expecting to like it because the fragrance reminded me of mint toothpaste, so immediately after dabbing the cream on my face I threw the rest of the sample away. A couple of hours later, I noticed that the cream had absorbed into my face completely and my skin felt very smooth. I don't get that kind of result with my usual moisturizer. So of course, I was kicking myself for throwing the rest of the sample away! A few weeks later, I purchased a full-sized jar of the cream. Because it's quite heavy, I don't use it every night -- maybe just every two to three nights. My skin feels great afterwards and I did not have any kind of reaction to it. I just wish it came as a pump dispenser instead of a jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by agice

I was sad to find out that this gave me hives. I get them easily on my face - not sure what ingredient does it, but something in this cream did not agree with me. I love the texture and the light fragrance, and if I have to keep it, I'll use it on my hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by AprilMorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have dry & very very sensitive skin & this didn't irritate my skin at all, The finish of my skin felt very smooth after putting it on, almost like how a primer would leave your skin? The redness i've had around my nose for 6+ years died down & was looking better after using this - although i'm also using rosehip oil & switching around with other moisturizers so it may not have been this! I imagine it would be good for under makeup due to the smooth finish it leaves.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ginny133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't say for the bad reviews here but I am surprised to see so many of them! I finally had a chance to try this hydrating cream from BB and I really love it! It is not greasy to start with which caters to my need, as my face can be oily and yet as I enter into my 30s my face tends to get dry sometimes so I still need some good moisturizer which can provide enough hydration with light texture. I think this one does a pretty good job in providing moisture to my face. What draws me into it is its soothing scent. It makes me look forward to putting it on every night, even though I have other brand name facial creams sitting there. This is how good this hydrating cream is! Sometimes you simply want to use a certain products not because they provide any astonishing results but you just look forward to incorporating them into your daily regimen.

All in all, the cream is a fairly good moisturizer, with reasonable price as well. But I don't think it has any anti aging effect so if you are looking for one with anti aging this might not be a good candidate. Or you can do like I do to put an anti aging serum prior to applying this cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by SuzieDVv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have any skin sensitivity I would absolutely advise you to try a sample of this cream first.
This was rec'd to me by the MA at my local BB counter to help my dehydrated combo skin.
This feels lovely going on, nice and hydrating, and best of all it is quickly absorbed.
However my skin hates one of the ingredients in this. I'm guessing it's one of the essential oils but I dont know for sure.
Within 10 minutes of application my face is hot and red and feels parched and looks tight and horrible.
It's taken a week and my skin still hasn't settled down completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Snoopysue4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product and all Bobbi Brown products except eye balm. My face feels moisturized and fresh. Nice scent as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so having not used this cream for over a year I decided that I needed to give it a try again.

I LOVE IT!! I must have had something weird going on with my skin the last time I used this because it stung/burned my cheeks so I stopped using Bobbi's skin care all together and dabbled in this and that...(now her skin care line is all I use)

Fast forward almost 2 years and I can't live without this stuff. Being someone with dry/combination skin, I wasn't sure if this was going to be something that would work for me since most SA's sell this to people with dry/dehydrated skin or to people with maturing skin. But I was wrong and couldn't be happier! Its super hydrating and smells fresh and amazing! Doesn't leave your skin greasy or sticky, just cushioned and soft and perfectly prepped for makeup. Will definitely repurchase and recommend this to anyone looking for a great face cream that doesn't mind spending the extra money. Around the holidays Bobbi releases this online and in store at a 3.4oz size for $74. And that's a steal. The regular size is 1.7oz for $50. So you actually save $24-25 dollars buying the bigger size. The glass jar doesn't bother me in the least. I love that it looks super chic and classy while sitting on my vanity, lol.

EDIT: 9/25/2011

This has been reformulated since my last review on this absolutely amazing cream. And to my great happiness it has been changed for the better! It's still the same cream only its been tweaked. And it now comes in an acrylic type plastic jar. My skin has remained the same, Combo. Oily tzone dry cheeks. Mostly dry/dehydrated skin from not drinking enough water, but none the less flawless. I would still recommend this to just about anyone who needs a great light but very hydrating face cream. This also works very well under my makeup and doesn't make me look greasy at all. Totally 10 stars.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product has been a godsend to my drier combination skin this winter. A couple of months ago, my skin developed allergies to my mineral makeup and/or sunscreen and I started getting welts on my forehead. I tried switched to other products and they either gave me a rash on my forehead or made my skin dry and flaky. Then, I stumbled upon this product because the SA at antoher line did want to stay 10 minutes past her shift to help me and could find anyone else to assist.

I am glad that happened! Within 3 days of using this face cream,my skin is smooth and the flakiness is gone. Even though I tend to be sensitive to fragrances, this has caused no reactions over the last month. As far as breakouts, I only got one tiny pimple, which is likely due to PMS. I use it under the BB Skin Foundation SPF 15, and it lasts most of the day. It is a rich cream, so I may have to swtich to something else in the summer, but right now it is a HG!

Edit: So sad, I got a bit of a rash from this. I think it is the fragrance or one of the oils (lavender) since I have sensitive skin and am slighly allergic to lavender. Hoepfully I can return this because it was expensive. Still think it has great moisturizing properties and texture if you're not allergic.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Michelle1410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This realy feels like a very cheap moisturizer.
I still have it but I use it for my hands.
Because I realy feel its not good for my face.
The smell is like tea tree. You can
get a better moisturizer in the same texture
for very cheap. Tea tree moisturizer.
this make my foundation melt off.
And I always feels like my face get more dry then ever.
Its not my favorite. It doesnt suit my skin.
In the beginning I give this a try. So I use this.
Then I go to the bobbi brown counter,
And the MUA ask me what am I wearing on my face.
Mayby you should try some moisturizer from us.
Because your face look very dry it looks like its in a bad position.
Then I say. Um this is bobby brown hydrating face cream.
SO the sale lady dont realy now what to say.
Insteat of people give me complement. They always
ask me what happen to my face.
So I say NO to bobbi brown!
I was using it in combination bb foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 6:00:00 AM More reviews by sleepyfairy

I have sensitive blemish prone dry skin. I have found in the past that thick creams simply do not sink into my skin and the product will sit on it and my face will remain sticky, therefore doing little to hydrate. I have been pleased and suprised with this it sinks in very quickly, leaving skin soft, hydrated but not greasy. I have tried the eye creams and found it irritated my eyes (watering) so I can see how others may react to this also. The only downside is the packaging not because its in a jar I always use clean washed hand to apply creams anyway but the fact it is glass makes it very difficult to travel with.
Overall I like it very much and would repurchase!