Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Nutmeg

4.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Eh. I don't like this and hardly ever use it. The tingle is okay, and so is the texture. The color is too reddish, which I think looks really unnatural on my lips. And it has a weird sort of shine to it. Also it kind of cakes and tends to smear outside the lines of my lips. I read somewhere you can use it as a cream blush, which i tried, but it is a bi*** to blend and leaves really really sticky streaks. And your cheeks tingle, which is not a pleasant feeling. Wouldn't repurchase. Well, if they were 99 cents maybe I'd try another color, but they're not, so I'm not.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a fan of BB lip shimmers in general-- the slimline tube is feminine and makes application easy; the all-natural formula is creamy and comforting; and of course, that peppermint-chewing-gum scent! Nutmeg is a good color for me, a warm peachy-bronze that's not too pale for this PPP. It's a lighter version of the Papaya shade, IMO. I took off a lippie because I feel our old pal Burt is missing some truly neutral shades in this collection. He added some new ones this past year, but they're all either VERY cool or VERY warm. We need a nice YLBB pinky-brown! Well, whaddya expect from an old guy with scraggly hair and bees in his beard...

on 12/7/2006 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I love this LipBalm. It's a great colour for me, plus I like the mint taste.

My only problem is that it's lacking in a SPF. Many other lipbalms have a SPF 15 at least. This is the only reason that I probably wouldn't buy another one and haven't given it top marks..

on 8/28/2006 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I just don't think this flatters my coloring at all. In a strange way, it just looks...off. I wish it would be more peachy than reddish-orange, and I don't see any bronze tones in it at all, the way it is described. The mintyness gets to be a bit much after awhile. The formula is smooth, which is nice, and I like the slim packaging. Just wish the color worked on me.

on 7/1/2006 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is way too frosty on my DDD skin when used alone. I also have this in Raisin, and both apply unevenly. I'm not complaining too much because I can still use use this under dark lipsticks like Mac Push Up Plum to tone it down and give a nice golden sheen, and the tingly mintiness is very pleasant. I bought this in Singapore for about S$7.50 at an organic foods store.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my everyday lip color product, it moisturizes and the color is right on, it's like your lips but better! It's a soft, sheer, flattering peach-pink that warms up the face.

on 5/29/2006 3:48:00 AM

These are so incredible. This is my HG shade. It is a lovely peach that is perfect for everyday wear. Very moisturizing, and I love their signature minty taste/scent. Love this so much.

on 5/6/2006 10:47:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! My sister and I discovered it a couple days before her wedding and she used almost a whole tube of it that weekend! The color is lovely and the scent is lovely but the staying power isn't that great.

Anything that boasts natural ingredients gets my attention every time and these lip shimmers were no different. Nutmeg is a sheer shimmery bronze that is perfect for summer. I love the minty tingle upon application too. My only gripe is that it wears off really quickly but what does one expect from a sheer balm.

on 3/10/2006 11:23:00 AM

This looks like a lovely shimmery bronze with goldish undertones on me. It really compliments my pale with yellow undertones skin, and my slightly pigmented lips. It has great pigment and works perfectly as a balm. My lips don't dry with this, but I don't like the peppermint in this. It goes away eventually, but it's just not to my liking. Packaging is a slim, plastic, lip balm casing that you have to gradually turn from the base to raise the balm stick inside. Gradually is the key here because on my packaging, turning the base in the other direction to lower the balm stick doesn't work. So if I turn it up too much, it might hit the inside of the pull-off cap. But other than that it's a complimentary shade on me that I may repurchase.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products