Urban Decay Half Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/19/2012 4:05:00 PM

My goodness, this eye shadow is literally the best one I own! It's my go to for every day looks, and compliments my eyes very well. This is the best gold eye shadow I have ever seen, and I shall say I even think UD has better eye shadows than MAC! Would suggest this to anyone looking for a nice and bright gold eye shadow.

on 7/28/2012 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh my do I love this colour!
It is my go to shade for an everyday look, I adore it so much.
The formula is so creamy and pigmented.
Definitely worth every cent. :)

on 7/20/2012 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i have this color in both the naked and naked 2 palettes. honestly i probubly will never have to repurchase this product again because i have the two of them. that being said i will get into what i think. everyone is probubly going to think that i am crazy, but this color isnt the best :\ i feel like it can turn from classy to tacky in an instant, on my skin tone anyway. the only way i feel like it doesnt look foiled and caked on is if i apply it with a fluffy blending brush. i though i would never touch the shadows but i found a routine that i really enjoy using this shadow. i put naked on the lid, half baked in the crease, buck in the outer 'v' and foxy on the brow bone. its one of the few looks that i have tried that this shade looks nice. i guess you could say that i have a love hate relationship with this shade. another thing that i dont understand is that this color is in pretty much EVERY SINGLE PALETTE. like come on urban decay!! like i said people are probubly going to hate me, but its just not THAT great. its nice but definatly not the best shade out there

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really, really, REALLY hate saying this, but...UD eyeshadows are better than MAC eyeshadows. ARGHHH...I SAID IT. THERE.
I still love MAC eyeshadows, but UD eyeshadows are softer and buttery. It's hard to explain, but it's amazing. Like, I swear, there isn't any better eyeshadow out there--this is pure perfection.
That said, Half Baked is so beautiful!
Half Baked is a beautiful shimmery light gold shade with a metallic finish that isn't too frosty. It doesn't sound like it, but this shade is actually very unique. I haven't seen anything like it. Not to compliment myself, but it looks astonishingly beautiful with my dark brown eyes--I can imagine it looking great with any other complexion or eye color too. Basically, it's what I hoped MAC Woodwinked would be. Woodwinked is less golden, more like a golden beige. Both are similar in finish though.
I put Half Baked on the inner half of my upper lid, inner third of my lower lash line, and tear duct (for an eye-popping, bright look), MAC Tempting on the outer lid, then MAC Vanilla on the browbone as a highlight. It's my go-to eyeshadow look, even though I don't wear eyeshadow everyday, or even every week, for that matter.
It also looks fantastic in a golden smokey eye!
The price is rather steep. $18 for a single eyeshadow is kind of ridiculous, but then again, it's Urban Decay. For the undupe-able Half Baked, though, it's definitely worth it.
Would I repurchase? Definitely.

on 7/20/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful golden shimmery coppery brown, that would look gorgeous on any skin tone. This eye shadow would work for both the day and night! Highly recommend it to anyone!

on 7/17/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful soft gold, should suit every skin tone - great pigmentation and staying power when applied with a primer underneath. UD are excellent at producing their neutral metallics!

on 7/17/2012 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a very beautiful gold color that is easy to pull off. I tried it when I bought the first Naked palette. It's not too orange or yellow for the most part and not too frosty or metallic to wear during the day. It has a bit of shimmer. I think this would go with many other colors and is a nice addition to any eye shadow collection. Overall I think I would repurchase if I ever run out.
Edit: Got the Naked 2 Palette for Christmas and I'm liking this eye shadow more and more. It really brightens my eyes. My favorite way to wear it is all over the lid with smog in the crease. Like others have said before this is similar to what I hoped woodwinked would have been.

on 7/11/2012 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is my favorite color in the Naked Palette. Great for everyday or night looks.

on 7/5/2012 11:46:00 AM

I am surprised by the number of great reviews of this product from women in their late 30s and over. It is a nice colour (though nothing unique) and it does have good colour payoff. However, it accentuates any crepiness (which I don't have much of at all, fortunately, but what I do have looks a thousand times worse with this shadow) and is just way too shimmery and reflective to look sophisticated. I can see this working on young women with a darker skin tone, but if you are a bit older and pale, beware. I will be returning this as I can't justify spending over $20 Canadian on a product that makes me look tacky.

Stila Oasis is a much more subtle gold with great texture and payoff.

on 6/30/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Half Baked is a gold with a bit of a coppery edge to it. The texture of Half Baked is so lovely; it is incredibly dense and soft, which makes for very excellent color payoff and blendability. You do not need to swipe a lot of product onto your brush to get intense color!! Compared to other golds, like other reviewers have said, it does not pull orangey or brassy on me, which makes it more versatile with looks. Due to this fact, I prefer this over Baked.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products