August 29, 2014 | 1726 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Half Baked Eyeshadow

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am surprised by the number of great reviews of this product from women in their late 30s and over. It is a nice colour (though nothing unique) and it does have good colour payoff. However, it accentuates any crepiness (which I don't have much of at all, fortunately, but what I do have looks a thousand times worse with this shadow) and is just way too shimmery and reflective to look sophisticated. I can see this working on young women with a darker skin tone, but if you are a bit older and pale, beware. I will be returning this as I can't justify spending over $20 Canadian on a product that makes me look tacky.

Stila Oasis is a much more subtle gold with great texture and payoff.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Half Baked is a gold with a bit of a coppery edge to it. The texture of Half Baked is so lovely; it is incredibly dense and soft, which makes for very excellent color payoff and blendability. You do not need to swipe a lot of product onto your brush to get intense color!! Compared to other golds, like other reviewers have said, it does not pull orangey or brassy on me, which makes it more versatile with looks. Due to this fact, I prefer this over Baked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have two full-sizes of this in my two Naked palettes, and don't think I'll even be able to finish one, because this shade is so densely packed with pigment. A very gorgeous, rich light-to-medium toned gold that actually surprisingly works on my fair cool-toned skin! It's not an antiqued gold, nor does it pull orange or brassy on me like so many golds do. I would almost call this a neutral, instead of a warm shade. I can see this working on many skintones, and I can also see this becoming a go-to summer shade for me. The reformulated version is more firmly packed into the pan, whereas the older version is a lot softer in texture, and more crumbly and prone to fall out, if I dare say it. But overall, a beautiful, universal color. Makes my hazel eyes sparkle in the most fantastic way. An absolute STUNNER for blue-eyed gals as well. And, let's face it, the quality of UD shadows just cannot be beat. I do, however, recommend a fluffier brush for application, as this particular shadow is VERY shimmery, almost metallic, but not quite, and can easily look overdone and highlight any tiny little wrinkles we ladies may have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite gold eyeshadow, easily. It's perfect on it's own, but it also blends into others shadows really nicely. I really love to pair it with Smog.

Half Baked is a gorgeous summertime shade, in the warmer months I find myself wearing it almost every day. My skin is pretty pale, about nc15, and this shadow adds a certain warmth to my face. It also looks beautiful worn on the lower lashline for a pop of gold.

It's soft and buttery, and because of that, there can be fallout if you're not careful. Tapping the excess off of my brush takes care of the issue for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by jen1221

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfect gold. It blends very well. I also like to wear it alone when I don't feel like wearing a lot of eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

most gorgeeous gold eyeshadow i've ever used
extreamly pigmented, with my primer potion lasts all day without creasing

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by xchavirax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this shadow in my naked palette. It's also in the naked 2 (but I don't own that one.) It's most definitely the color I use the most in the whole palette. I like it all over the lid by itself, or with a darker color like smog in the crease. I find that the golden color along with the shimmer in this shadow makes my eyes pop like no other. If I run out I will definitely repurchase.

I recommend this mostly for people with brown or green eyes :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

I have this color in my Vegan palette and another palette as well. It's definitely my favorite gold that I've ever used. It's well pigmented, very soft and smooth to apply. It also makes my brown eyes pop. Love this color! And Urban Decay as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

I am horrible at applying eyeshadow, I can never figure out the whole blending thing/using several shades at once, and I only like neutral tones.
I have pale skin & blue eyes. This makes my eyes pop. I use my finger, lightly touch the shadow, and apply it to my lids. Sometimes I apply a bit more. Other times, I take a damp angled brush and use it to line my eyes. It makes them look vivacious, extra blue, and defined, without an obvious made up look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

Very cool, pigmented and super luxurious!