MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

on 6/23/2013 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Besides midimauve, this is one of my favorite lippies!!! I love this lipstick as an everyday lippie, as well as an "I'm everything you need and more!" lipstick. It looks great with any liner, cork, hodgepodge, plum, etc., or even alone. It's a pinky brown that anyone can wear. It's def worth the splurge, because 100% of the proceeds go to H.IV./AIDS Research. Finally, a lippie anyone can feel proud about.

on 6/18/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this color for a while and I really enjoy it. It is a great everyday medium pink with a goldish-brown undertone. It goes on sheer on the first application but you can definitely build it up. It makes my lips feel moisturized. I like to pair it with Big Baby Plushglass for some added shine and lustre. =]

on 6/18/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do like this lipstick as an everyday color. Its a good handbag lipstick! I found it when I was looking for a dupe for my HG lipstick Cruising by NARS. Not very similar but it is slightly more affordable and still a lovely shade (plus chairty is a great!).

on 5/28/2013 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

As far as I'm concerned, this is the best everyday pink lipstick out there. It's a lovely medium pink with slight brown undertones. It works with virtually any look and is perfect for any occasion. You really can't go wrong this! The versatility of Viva Glam V is the reason why I keep repurchasing. I am currently on my third tube. If I'm going for a job interview or I'm unsure what lipstick to wear with an outfit, I just reach for this. For me, it's a safe bet lipstick - not too nude and not too bright. I highly recommend this. It's such a beautiful, versatile color that looks flattering on many different skin tones.

on 5/20/2013 4:49:00 PM

This is such a pretty, my-lips-but-better-and-more-berry color. It's a beautiful color for everyday wear, and I think it complements a variety of skin tones, although it really pops on fair-medium skin.

Like all MAC lipsticks, it has a lovely vanilla smell, but no taste. The odor disappears right after you apply it.

I was testing out at a bunch of lippies at my MAC counter, when the MUA recommended this. I was a little wary, because I thought it might be a little too dark for me for everyday, but once I tried it on, I was hooked.

I think this is great for girls who want to take their "nude lip" up a notch or two. It's a beautiful product, and my favorite MAC lipstick of all time.

Test it first, because coloring's key with this. If you like it at the store, I don't think you'll be disappointed when you get it home!

on 5/18/2013 12:39:00 PM

YUK.... what a waste of money. I was recommended Viva Glam V by an online MA, as I was looking for a good mlbb shade for everyday.

Let me say, I hate pale lipstick, I'm so pale and if I apply a lipstick that's actually lighter than my natural lip shade, my lips look totally washed out which is HORRID.

I hated the Patisserie, and had the same disappointing experience with the Viva Glam V.

Had I seen it at a MAC counter, I'd never have bought it. I was misled by the website's swatches and a couple of pics on google.

on 5/12/2013 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best lipstick ever!!!!!! It's just amazing, please do yourself a favor and try it. This is the only lipstick I will ever use :)

on 3/20/2013 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This was the first time I ever let a makeup artist sell me something and actual end up loving it. I went to the MAC counter near me looking for 'Syrup', another popular MAC shade which they were out of stock of. I explained to the makeup artist that I was looking for a lipcolour for everyday use and she picked out this one for me. When I tried this one on in the store I wasn't too impressed with it but decided that since MAC has good return policies I would get it anyways since if I didn't like it I could take it back. I didn't use it for the first couple of days that I had brought it home but then about 5 days in I decided to wear it and I fell absolutely in love with it. It is a soft pinky-berry colour that is moisturizing and of course, since it is a lustre it is a little frosty but not really offensive. It glides on really nicely and lasts a decent amount of time. As with all MAC lipsticks, there is no 'flavour' which I really enjoy. This lipstick just looks really flattering on me and I would imagine on most skin types and just feels really good on. I ended up purchasing Syrup shortly after and not liking it nearly as much as this one. I recommend this for everyone.

on 2/23/2013 1:34:00 PM

This is my go-to-lippy. I love the way it looks on my paler skin tone, but is also a flattering shimmer on friends with darker more olive skin tones.

Its an everyday kind of sparkle which never over powers any other part of my face, making it a neutral colour.

Lasts for a good couple of hours although it is quick to come off on, cutlery, water bottles ( and the boyfriend hehe)

Would re-purchase in a heart beat.

on 2/21/2013 3:02:00 PM

I love this as an everyday look. Slight shimmer, not glittery at all.. makes your lips look moist, and it is great on my skin tone (NC30). I will continue to buy for my everyday routine. Looks great lined with ProLongwear lip liner in Staunchly Stylish. I find this color to be the big sister of Twig which is more matte and dry looking.

Recommended for Medium Skin