September 15, 2014 | 1645 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Raisin

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by pezbot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this but the color is definately NOT Raisin. It turned hot pink fuchia on me. Highly pigmented for a lip tint. The texture is great and the minty feeling is also good. The colors are just not it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2005 1:54:00 AM More reviews by drenchedinwine

I really like the idea of chapstick + pigment, because I hate lipstick. I know people said it's too pigmented, and I agree I wouldn't wear Raisin color for an everyday look. But for going out, or when you need a red lipstick, it does the trick for me. (But then agian, I'm not a super makeup-savvy classy girl...pretty sparkly red chapstick for going out is good enough for me!). I love burgundy as a color in general, so the color is great for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2005 1:19:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Raisin is *very* pigmented - more like a lipstick than coloured balm. On my DDD NC50 skin it was a little too bright and I couldn't see any shimmer at all. It was also very streaky and difficult to apply evenly. Love the the minty smell / taste though! Overall, I can't complain too much because of the price, but won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2005 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sunflower1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

**Update, I used up my 1 tube of this and won't repurchase because I'm looking for a red tinted balm with more staying power and slightly less shimmer.**

I've owned this lip shimmer in Raisin for a year. I have dry lips and this provides enough moisture and color to keep me happy. I find the texture comparable to the new Clinique Butter Shine lip colors, but Burt's Bees has more color saturation.

Sometimes when my lips feel especially dry I need to apply chapstick before this color because it will get stuck in the lines of my lips. I have dark blonde hair with reddish tones, fair skin, and blue eyes, and this color is the "sheer true red" I have been searching for. I can't wear red lipsticks because they look fake or too orange, but this is can be layered to give a juicy red tint or a full on red glow to my lips.

The minty tingle is addicting but the packaging can be a bit messy, don't twist up too much product because it won't go back down. I will purchase again because these are cheap and always available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2005 1:34:00 AM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's funny that I'm reading complaints that this lip shimmer is TOO pigmented! I've been trying to find the perfect shade of red lipstick and almost forgot about this, since I've been dabbing this on (as other users have) for my daytime look. This is the best shade of red lipstick EVER. Raisin lip shimmer is such a gorgeous deep, bronzey red that doesn't turn my lips fuchsia or orange. Great shade for FFFs with dark hair. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2005 7:07:00 PM More reviews by blueberrywaffle

I love everthing about this EXEPT the color. Way too dark for my fair skin.
But after trying it with light pink lip gloss over its not too bad. I wouldnt buy it again though because like i said, way too dark.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by 2pink

i was at b + bw, and i needed like 50 more cents to use a coupon, so i just grabbed this. now, i really hope that i got a defect or something, and that's obvious b/c of the great reviews--I HATED THIS. it went on w/ an odd, way-too-pigmented color, and it was VERY streaky and smearing. just awful. i haven't thrown it out, but i don't really know what to do w/ it. in fact, i've tried it a couple of times, and i just hate it everytime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2005 4:07:00 PM More reviews by vain_brat

i LOVE lipgloss/balm/stick...ANY kind of lip product,especially if it has flavor,scent,shimmer,etc etc. i am so happy i bought this! I bought RAISIN and NUTMEG. They are both mint flavored and scented. NUTMEG is a nice light brownish-pink-shade on me altho i also see traces or coral or something orangey and this suits me fine because i like coral-y lipcolor. RAISIN appears a very sweet red on me, not overpowering,perfect for everyday wear or just to add a splash of color on my face. i love both of them and they are very portable (small size), very affordable (got it for $3.40/ea.). even my husband who is so finicky about my lipstuff because he likes kissing me but not getting gunk or tasting foul gunk on my lips (gunk is his word!), he loves these! im gonna go buy the other colors,except maybe for champagne because i saw it and i honestly dont think silvery pink would suit my warm coloring.
2 thumbs up for burt's bees lip shimmers!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Polaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers are tinted lipbalms with lots of pigment and heavy minty scent, flavor and feel, packaged in a long slim lipbalm tube that attempts to match the color of the product inside. The strong minty feeling might be a bit too much for some, but I love it and now I'm addicted! It is a very moisturizing and slick product, and even plumps up my lips a little due to this. (Surprisingly, it's very longwearing.) The downside to this is it tends to migrate a lot on my lips, which is a complete disaster with the darker shades I have (Raisin, Coffee), but does not seem to be a problem at all with my lighter shade (Nutmeg).

When applying the darker shades, I started to dab them on instead, very lightly and slowly building on the pigment, and it seems to work, even without a lipliner underneath. If I end up with too much product sliding around on my lips, I blot them on a sheet and I'm good to go. I actually like them better blotted down - more natural.

Raisin is a neutral-cool reddish burgundy berry with a little bit of microshimmer. The microshimmer doesn't translate into frost on the lips; it's glossy glaze instead, very juicy and flattering. If you just dab it on lightly (as I always do nowadays, lest it migrate everywhere), it's a nice berry pink that looks like I've been out in the forest sucking on wild berries all afternoon. Even though I'm a warm LLL, this shade does work on me - it's not totally cool toned, it has more red than purple. But I do believe it would work best on a cool LLL or FFF.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2005 2:53:00 PM More reviews by khaosan_carrie

A friend of mine got me this color in part of a Christmas gift. She thought that it would complement my skin tone nicely. Yeah, right! The only way, it complemented it was if I was into Goth makeup. The color is far too dark for a fair skinned person. I like the refreshing, minty-ness of it, but the color wasn't right for skin tone.