Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle

on 10/22/2010 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Wow, this stuff really works, and it works fast. I love how quickly it dries, and it can be used both as a base and top coat. I've been using it for less than a week and the results are dramatic. My nails are both longer and thicker.

on 8/30/2010 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have nails that crack and peel. This product really strenghtens the nails and decreases the cracking and peeling. This is my 2nd or 3rd bottle and I will continue to repurchase. I have tried other treatments and they're a waste!

on 8/4/2010 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just learned that Sally Hansen tests on animals and will not be repurchasing. However, I would not have repurchased anyway because I don't like this product. It peels off your nails and I didn't see any results as far as increased nail growth. I've found that rubbing olive oil on your nails and cuticles was much more effective.

on 7/13/2010 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I have thin nails that peel easily. Add that to my habit of biting them and you have a recipe for ugly nails. I have spent a lot of money over the years trying different products to help them grow and strengthen, to no avail. The only time in my life I had nice natural nails was during my pregnancies! I saw this at Target, in a pack with the cuticle oil, on clearance for $4, so decided to give it a try. I figured if nothing else, the cuticle oil would be a good moisturizer. But this stuff works for me! Really well! I have been faithfully following the directions and appying it every other day. Along with the cuticle oil every night at bedtime. When I started I had no visible white nail at all on any of my fingers. Now, 2 weeks later, I have white tips that are at least 1/4" in length on each finger. Plus, my hands just look better overall, because my cuticles look better and this gives a nice shiny finish. This is indeed a miracle worker for me.
I don't have the problem of dryness mentioned in previous reviews. But I am not removing the polish each time I apply, even though it does start to peel pretty quickly. (Which is why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5) I just apply over the parts that have peeled, and only completely remove (with remover) once a week. Following this regime seems to have made a difference for me. I may even go get a manicure soon, since I actually have nails to manicure!

on 6/12/2010 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm not sure if this did anything as far as nail growth to be honest. My nails grow fast regardless so maybe that's why. But it did help the condition of my nails overall, made them stronger and stopped them from breaking, chipping and peeling.

on 5/28/2010 7:16:00 AM

Ok let me start by saying I have really fragile nails. I've tried so many times to keep them long, but they always break. So I guess my problem is not "growth" but "strength".

I've bought this product after reading the good reviews on MUA and I really wanted to like it! It was VERY expensive - almost 10. It did absolutely nothing to help my nails grow, even though I've used it every other day like the box said. It peels off the next day anyway - so you are forced to remove it and reapply it.
My nails are not stronger - in fact 2 of them broke since i started the "treatment". So it's no MIRACE - it's even worse than a regular transparent nail polish. Not only it doesn't do what it should, but it's not glossy (can't wear it like a proper nail polish) and it peels off easily.

I'm totally disappointed! Would not waste my money on this ever again.

on 5/9/2010 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Did not work for me at all, But i only used it for two weeks and my nails are really dry and cracked alot.

on 4/18/2010 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for about a week, as directed, and the claims on the package have been true so far. I have seen about 30% growth of the tip of the nail (which, in the first place, are only a millimeter or two long), definitely more than how much my natural nail grows. My nails are extremely damaged from acrylic nails which I would, impatiently, rip off when they got old-looking. I didn't want to have horribly damaged nails underneath the pretty fake ones, but I couldn't help ripping them off and I loved the french tip look, so I've been trying to grow them out to even half the length I got with fake nails. This has helped much! I will definitely continue using it. It is not, however, the best nail polish... Not very smooth as a base coat, and it chips somewhat quickly. ALSO, do not use this on your nails for an extended period of time, because it will dry them and damage them to the point of brittleness. Listen to your nails. If you feel your natural nails are getting excessively dried out, discontinue Maximum Growth and treat them until the moisture is restored. I use this on and off every other week or so, but once my nails reach a good length, I'll switch to a moisturizing base coat.

I would say give it a try, it'll be worth it.

on 4/3/2010 8:35:00 PM

This product did absolutely nothing good (or bad) to my nails... My nails stayed as short and brittle as they were before... and it is not even good as base. Although, if I use it as a top coat, it gives some pretty shine.

on 2/4/2010 11:19:00 AM

I have bought countless bottles of this, I use this as a base and top coat for my OPI nailpolishes. It really creates a beautiful smooth base that dries very quickly and creates a gorgeous shiny finish as a top coat. My nails are stronger and do quickly when I use this properly. I have never ever been able to keep all my nails long, but with this product I've gone up to 6 months with long nails and zero breakage. I just have to stick to my routine, file my nails and apply this twice a week and my nails stay perfect.

Popular Treatments