Rimmel 1000 Kisses Stay on Lip Liner - Wild Clover

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wild Clover is a coral - rose - nude and it has TONS of pigment. Great product. I am happy with it...I don't find it as subtle or as creamy as my MAC lip liners but I still reach for it quite a bit. Especially nice with Rimmel Airy Fairy lipstick.

on 5/29/2008 10:44:00 PM

I was at Long's when I came upon Rimmel's display and remembered positive reviews on lipliners. I usually use L'oreal automatic ones which to me have perfect consistency and wide variety of colors but decided to give this one a try. Its about 1.5 shade darker than my own lip color and looks like a brownish wam nude. None the less, its a nice color that goes well with lot of pinks and nudes in my stash. I wore it today with Rimmel's Pink Shimmer lipstick and it was a nice match-it just gave it enough definition and still looked pretty natural. The consistency is creamy and goes on supersmooth, yet its not greasy and doesn't run at all. So far, I'm quite happy with it-my only pet peeve is that it needs to be sharpened which I really can't stand. Still, its a nice product-not HG but nice to have
UPDATE: I'm giving it HG status. I find myself reaching for it all the time, so much that I used my most of my pensil already(not that it was big to begin with). It goes well with almost any lip color in pink/brown/mauve range. I just repurchased it again, probably will keep buying it:)

on 3/29/2008 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it!
I wasn't sure if it was going to be an accurate color to my
natural lip line but the color is dead on.
I have highly pigmented lips and i only line my upper lip for
some extra definition and it works great with lip gloss or Lipsmackers Dr. Pepper.
It's cheap, stays on quite a while (few hours before re-apply)
and it doesn't look like i'm wearing any lip liner!
Definitely happy and will be re-purchasing in the future!

Update: I don't use lip liner enough to warrant a repurchase. It's a very good lip liner if you use them a lot..but not me.

on 1/21/2008 5:15:00 PM

Excellent color, just bought this today. Love the easy, smooth application--creamy and perfect over some lip balm. I was afraid it would be too brown on me, but it works well with my pale skin tone. I would wear this shade alone, without lipstick.

on 12/7/2007 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this along with a couple of other Rimmel liners at Target in my ongoing search for the perfect nude liner. (The other shades I got were "Addiction" and "Tiramisu") This one is not the perfect nude. (I ended up concluding that "Addiction" is the nude choice of the three shades I got). On me it is a rosey-beige - a bit too rosey and a bit too dark for it to truly be nude. However, I was very impressed with how easily this liner glides on (after the first sharpening) and how well it stays in place. I do hate sharpening pencils, though, and this shade is not very versatile, so I have to downgrade it a lippy for that. Nevertheless, if this is a shade that will work for you, I can't see not giving it a try considering the cheap ($3!) price! It is every bit as good as more expensive liners. As noted, this shade is not very versatile for me since I don't have too many lipcolors it will work with, so no repurchase. I would, however, definitely repurchase other colors in this line, though.

on 11/14/2007 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Saw the reviews for this and thought I'd give it a go. I love lip liners especially for those days I don't feel like bothering with lipstick. Just line, gloss and go. I do add a dab of Vaseline before I apply (on lower lip only and press my lips together to smooth) and I find this way it goes on smoothly with a nice consistency. I like this color too it shows up more pink than I thought it would on my lips but I make it work. Its funny but I always think the color of the pencil itself is going to be the color I'll get on my lips but thats of course never the case. Anyway thats not to say I don't like this color I do and will probably buy another when I've sharpened this one down to a nub. = )

on 11/3/2007 2:44:00 PM

For additional reference, my skintone is light-medium neutral-cool and my eye color is a medium grey-blue.

I would describe this as a deep mauve, with some reddish tones. I would not decribe it as a nude. I feel it is a more natural or MLBB shade, just a tad too dark to match my actual natural lip coloring. However, when I use it over and in combination with Rimmel's Exaggerate automatic liner in Eastend Snob, I get perfect MLBB color that I can use with any lippie. I agree that it is very versatile. I agree with other reviewes that it has great consistency, texture and pigment. I took one lippie off because I wish it were a bit lighter in value and because I prefer automatic lip liner pencils as opposed to those you have to sharpen, like this one. This is a staple for me and I will always repurchase. It's a versatile d/s lip liner with great performance at a very inexpensive price.

on 6/15/2007 2:45:00 PM

This is a warm pinkish-rosey lipliner. It is NOT nude or natural and does not have brown undertones on me (I'm NC20-25 Asian). It's very versatile and is basically my go-to lipliner on any pink, rose, or reddish shades. Great consistency and texture and pigment. I just don't see the point in ever buying high-end lipliners when there are so many d/s brands, including Rimmel, that do such a good job. My only complaint is that the cap is cracked after a year or so (my He-Man strength, I know).

on 4/7/2007 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought this would be a great nude color for everyday use, but turns out it's too orange-y for my lips. It somehow comes very close to getting the color right, but it's just slightly off. I think for the perfect nude lipliner Prestige's Honeysuckle wins hands down. Also the texture of this liner is kind of dry.

on 3/31/2007 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Okay, I know a lot of people say this is a perfect nude or MLBB color, but that is definitely not the case for me! I like the texture of these lipliners just fine, but they don't seem to work. They're very unnatural looking on me and make my lips look very waxy or plastic. This is a very bright pink on my lips which is also unnatural.

Popular Lip Liners