October 22, 2014 | 1289 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by ivy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I depend on makeupalley.com to help me find products, and I spent way too much time recently reading mascara reviews before I settled on trying Full n Soft Waterproof. I'd been using Avon Wash-Off Waterproof for a long time, but wanted to try something that promised more volume. I shouldn't have chosen the waterproof, I guess, because this stuff leaves smudges under my eyes after the end of the day. Avon Wash-Off Waterproof never left smudges. Also, for me, the brush was much too big to maneuver the corners. The formula was very nice in itself; natural, but more volume-building than Avon Wash-Off Waterproof, which is what I wanted, but even a small amount of smudging at the end of the day is too much for me.

Update: I tried Clinique High Impact (again, based on reviews here at MUA) and I like it. I will leave a review for it on its page.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Loved the washable version of this mascara as it left my lashes full and soft, as named, with minimal effort and no more than 2 swipes to built significant volume. I understood that waterproof formulas of the same product were not going to necessarily be the same as the washable formula, but I wanted to love this product even more than the washable version thinking that it was everything I loved + waterproof and long-lasting.

I'm wondering if maybe I just got a bad/old batch (however the mascara was brand-new and expectedly wet). The waterproof mascara I used fell short of everything I hoped it would be. It did not build volume well, if at all. If I layered it twice like I did with the washable one, it clumped and created spider lashes. It pretty much flaked toward the end of the day even with one layer. The wear of this mascara was not as soft and comfortable on my lashes as the washable version. I assume this is not gel-based like Maybelline's Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara, but it creates a look and feel exactly like it.

Full 'N Soft waterproof mascara might be great for those who want long-lasting, natural lashes, but it was full of fail in too many ways on its own, and even moreso compared to its washable Full 'N Soft counterpart. Other great mascaras I've tried that leave lashes soft and with natural to buildable volume include Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara, Clinique High Impact Mascara, and Josie Maran GOGO Argan Mascara, although these are all washable and vary in staying power and curl hold. Might just be the waterproof component causing stiffer lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do like this mascara. I have stick straight Asian lashes that fall down as soon as non-waterproof mascara is applied. But this one really holds a curl on me and holds it all day. The effect is "natural" looking and soft. My eyes look dolly-like but not overdone dolly. Adds a bit of length as well and a teensy bit of volume, but don't expect a whole lot of oomph. It's just a very nice everyday-feel-pretty mascara. I actually love layering another mascara on top because my curl doesn't fall down and I can really build up big, thick eyelashes.

But it does smudge at the end of hot + particularly oily days. It's not super waterproof. I've worn this through a day of mild river rafting and had smudges underneath my eyes at the end of it.

It's easier to take off compared to most waterproof mascaras but still not super easy. I find lashes on my make up wipes. That would be the minus 1 lippie.

One of my favorite drugstore mascaras though and I would continue to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by moosefied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like the idea of my lashes look full and feel soft. too bad on me it didnt give me so much fullness, but yes my lashes feel soft. i like mascara that gives me more dramatic result. this one is ok for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that this is not the most eye catching out of all the Maybelline mascaras with a gray/silver tube and simple black lettering (which is why it will get a three for packaging), but don't let that fool you into thinking that it is no good at all. In fact, Full 'N Soft provides several benefits such as:

1.) It darkens lashes
2.) It adds length
3.) It holds a curl
4.) It does not flake

However, this mascara is not as smuge resistant as it claims. By the end of an ten+ hour school day (FYI: I wake up at 5:00 a.m so I can catch my bus at 6 and then if I don't have any meetings or extraciricular activities I get to my bus stop around 2 to then walk to my house), I have a raccon eye going on. Also, this mascara forms tiny little clumps if I try to add more than two coats to my lashes that I fix by running a brow comb through it.

Overall, it was a good value for the inexpensive price but I don't think I will repurchase because this certainly won't last through wet weather or any physical activities that causes you to sweat.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Looked lovely on application. Alas it smudged by midday.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by marzipanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG mascara. I'm a makeup junkie with no brand loyalty whatsoever, but I never go anywhere without a spare tube of Full 'n Soft handy. I would cry if they discontinued it.

I have fine, straight lashes that are easily weighed down by clumpy formulas or will form three giant lashes with the wrong brand. With the help of a lash curler, Full n Soft keeps my lashes full and curled all day long. It layers well, especially after a couple uses, and never gets clumpy even as you build on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara does live up to its name. It's soft and full, but more so if you use more than one coat. It holds a curl better than anything I've ever used and it survives tears without running or flaking. If you sleep with it on it will hold the curl, but there will be a bit of flaking right under the eyes. If you wear it in the shower the curl will go and there will be some flaking. My preferred method of getting it off is hot water combined with makeup remover. It doesn't come off in two seconds, but again this is waterproof. This mascara has become one of my favorites.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I flat out don't like this.

I find that it did nothing to add volume to my lashes. Now, it did leave them fairly soft but that was it. There are so many products out there that are better for long, thick lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The formula and bushy, but not too bushy, brush are good for my sparse, thin, asian lashes. No clumps or smudging, and leaves my eyes more noticeable. This mascara is good for a done up daytime look, may be good for a night time look if you pile it on but I haven't tried to do that yet. Best Maybelline (or any other brand of) mascara I have used so far. Next time I might try the non-waterproof one just so I can have a more gentler mascara that washes off quicker with less lash loss. Not sure if that one will smudge.