November 26, 2014 | 994 users online

Eyeliner - Lise Watier - Lise Watier Waterproof Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is, hands down, the best eyeliner I have ever worn and the only eyeliner I will ever buy again. I have purchased about 30 different brands and formulas over the past few years and this is tops by far. Since I discovered it I have not bought or worn another brand. I cannot see why I would ever purchase another kind of eyeliner again.

It does everything you want it to. It goes on creamy and smoothly, no tugging at all and is easy to smudge. It sets quickly and stays put all day, through sweat and tears, rain, snow, squinting and humidity. It's the only liner I have ever worn that doesn't end up down under my eyes half way through the day and lasts a good deal longer on my water-line than any other. No liner will last forever there, it's just not natural, but these are your best bet.

The range of colours is exceptional, my favourites being Acajou (a prune-brownish-plum that is wonderfully natural looking and lights up my green eyes without looking purple), Tres Noir (very black) and Black-Brown. There are several other more colourful shades to choose from, but as I have coloured eyes, I stick to the basics in liners. And I love that Lise Watier can be purchased at both The Bay department stores and at drug stores and $16 is a fair price for a liner of such outstanding quality. It blows away my Clarins and Lancome liners that cost 30% more and knocks Mac clean out of the water.

Wonderful! I took one mark off packaging because I would have preferred that they be those swirl up, self sharpening types that seem to "fine line" better, but these sharpen very well with no need to refrigerate. These are a must have product for me, and quality-wise - the jewels of my treasure trove :).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Jess12345

I LOVE these eye pencils. I work with cosmetics and get to try numerous pencils and these are the only ones I will buy. First, they're pretty cheap ($16) compared to the $30 pencils I used to buy. Second as long as you make sure you have the waterproof ones they glide on nice and smooth. (Note: you have to make sure they're capped tightly because they will dry out and get hard. If your pencil is hard it may already be dried out.) I've never had a problem with skipping or tugging EXCEPT when i lose the lid. Finally these liners stay on amazingly well. Once you let them set (which is an important step) they'll stay on for the whole day. Absolutely worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by niecie2k

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me to rate an eyeliner this high means the eyeliner is AWESOME and trust me, this one is. I have chronic dry eye and have a habit of blinking A LOT to soothe them so no eyeliner ever works on me - and forget about lining the inner rim. I can't say that this one stayed on the inner rim b/c it absolutely did not but I can say that it stayed on the outer rim, upper and lower, and didn't budge. Stayed true all day and for someone who's used Chanel, Bourjois, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay, Avon Waterproof glimmerstocks, Lancombe, RAMY, Prescriptives, Clinique, Indelible, Colorstay, every waterproof over the counter known to man and have had no success with any of them, I must say, these are quite impressive. They are exclusively available in Canada so I had my Canada sales rep bring me all the colors when he came into NY but then I found out that you can get them in the states too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by franny06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Has been a staple of my routine for quite some time. This is, by far, my favourite eyeliner, and I have experimented with many. I find this stubbornly clings to my lids like no other, and for something with such incredible staying power, applies relatively smoothly with very minimal tugging. I have this in black-brown, and don't find it 'flat' like some other black-brown liners I've tried...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by MissAmbie

I love this liner. I use the brown-black shade which is great for green eyes or anyone who wants something more subtle than black. This liner does last a long time. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't sharpen to a perfect point. Nevertheless, this is a great liner which I definitely recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

I have this is Noir Intense and Raisin Noir. This eyeliner does not go on that smooth on the eyelids but because it is not creamy, it lasts way longer. This lasts longer than those overly hyped gel liners (Hi, Bobbi, I am talking about yours) and Laura Mercier's Cake liners. You can apply these to the waterline and they do last quite a while too.

I will repurchase because the selection for colours is so big I can't wait to out try more colours.

Edit: These flake during the day. Back to liquid liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Addie0184

I actually don't like this product that much. Its too expensive for what you get. I have this liner in blue and its not completely waterproof. It doesn't go on as smoothly as I would like, sometimes large clumps of it would go in one area and look darker than the other amount of eyeliner I put on which was sometimes frustrating. The colour was a very dark navy blue and was very nice and rich. The lid of the pencil keeps on falling off the actual pencil for me.. its like its too big or something.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by jessicaho

I decided to rewrite my review.

At first, I thought this eyeliner was the best thing that happened to me because when I tried it on my hand at the store and waited like a couple of seconds and swiped at the line I drew with my finger, barely anything came off. And then the BA also drew like a huge black mass on the back of her hand and swiped at it, and it barely came off there as well. And so the next day, I used this on my lower lids and for tightlining my upper lids and it lasted about four hours, but then I took it off because it was late in the day and I wanted to sleep.

But the next day, it was a different story. About 8 hours later, I discovered to my horror that there was SMUDGING. So I thought, well, my face IS quite oily. Yesterday, I decided to rectify that oily issue by applying some TFSI (which makes my shadow stay and look PERFECT for 12+ hours) to the lower lids, because that's where my eyeliner was obviously smudging...and despite the TFSI...it SMUDGED.

I am very disappointed in this product. By yesterday's application (my third one since I bought this liner pencil), I noticed that it was skipping and the pencil doesn't glide on very smoothly. I also noticed that when I accidentally jabbed the pencil point too close to my eyeball, I felt a slight sting and my eyes watered a bit. It's also a pain to take off, and I use Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover and that's stuff is as close as you can get to "industrial strength," so to speak. I've always had a problem with smudging eyeliner, and I've been using Shiseido's eyeliner pencils, and despite the fact that they don't have as great a staying power and are very smudgey, I think I'm going to go back to them because they don't skip, tug, or irritate. I think I'll just have to live with the smudging and the touch-ups, but it's back to the Shiseido liners for me. So much for saying this was my HG. Guess that teaches me not to rely so much on my hand anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by babybehn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this is Raisin Noire, it it not very good. I tried it on, love the colour, but it pulls very badly. I cannot subject my eyes to that. The colour was also not flattering on my NC 35 skin! I gave it 3 b/c it's the only colour I tried in the w/p.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

This is my HG for pencil eyeliner, I have it in black and use it to like my lid and waterline. It stays on all day for me and does not irritate my eyes (i'm a contact wearer). I definitely recommend this product.