MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 5/29/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I decided to try this after seeing many people rave about it. I bought the travel size ($35) because I didn't want to commit to a full size ($70) if I didn't end up liking it.

I wanted to like it but to be completely honest, I don't see what the rave is about. It kind of gave my skin a glow, but nothing different to what my skin is normally like if I'm not suffering from a breakout or extremely dry skin.

Maybe it works for others, but not for me. It also has a bit of a strange smell but its not too pungent.

on 4/23/2014 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Oh my god. This product is my hg.
I have the mac face and body at home and I love the foundation. However, there are days I wish it'd do more for me. You would not believe how HUGE of a difference the coverage was when I mixed the two together. The consistency was thicker, and also prevented the foundation from oxidizing ? Weird. The smell is a little strange. Kind of reminds me of the mini perfume that came with my 1995 Malibu Barbie doll. Plasticky floral. However, I LOVE this product. On top of the amazing coverage it adds to my foundation, it made my skin better too!!! The face and body sometimes causes minor breakouts but for some reason when I mix the two together and slap it on my face, it doesn't cause breakouts and it makes my skin SO bright and soft when I wash all my make up off. Must be the vitamins and green tea extract. I LOVE YOU STROBE CREAM. NEVER CHANGE.

on 4/18/2014 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a product I repurchase. I have oily combination skin. on dryer days this cream works very well. I don't get much use of it during summer. any other season cream works great. especially under long lasting foundation.

I like the product even though I don't use it very often. It gives an ever so slightly glowing look if applied under the foundation instead of a regular moisturizer. Another way of using the cream is applying where required (on cheekbones, brow bones) on top of foundation.
The cream has a nice texture and spreads easily and sinks in well. They say it has a lot of beneficial ingredients which help to make your skin look better. I could not see that. Probably, because I d not use the cream often enough.

on 3/18/2014 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought the mini travel size one after reading all the great reviews. Sadly it didn't do much for me so I'm glad I didn't spend more for the bigger size.
I wanted something to give me a bit of that glow and thought this would be the trick. I mixed it with equal parts foundation before applying. I usually do half foundation, half moisturizer when I do my base make up. This made no difference in appearance whatsoever. None of that subtle light that everyone one is raving about. I tried it by itself under very sheer foundation and still nada. Tried application with brushes & fingers too. The only time I got any kind of result close to what everyone else was saying was when I applied it by itself only and just patted it into my skin (no rubbing).
I also don't find it moisturizing at all. Absolutely useless for me. My skin is on the drier side so perhaps it might work for someone with oilier skin than mine.

on 2/18/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

You havw no idea how long I've been looking for a product like this, being a big fan of a dewy finish. The best thing is that it doesn't contain any obvious shimmer...
It just looks like your skin is glowing!

on 2/9/2014 10:10:00 PM

I cannot express to you how much I HATE this product. First of, if you want that natural dewy glow, try BECCA SKIN PERFECTOR in OPAL which is very gentle on skin, and most importantly, does not cause any breakouts!

Mac is such a over hyped brand with a bunch of caked up makeup following sheeps. Yes their eye shadows are pretty but the ingredients are terrible. Mineral oil was in this particular product which caused me to breakout within 2 minutes and cause my skin to feel a small burning sensation. If you have sensitive skin, avoid MAC products at all cost especially this MAC STROBE product.

Now in regards to what this product looks like when you apply it, picture a very un-natural looking glow. Nothing is uglier than a fake looking glow. Becca skin perfector is natural and none of these MAC fangirls know about it for the most part because they are too busy caking on makeup and creating such a over the top, un-natural look.

36$ for this none sense product which I returned the same day along with the eye shadow I bought. I do not like MAC at all. To each their own but IMO, makeup should be beautiful, dewy, natural looking, good for the skin and not have a bunch of chemicals that cause the skin to break out. As soon as I took a shower and washed off this horrible product, my skin looked radiant again.

I am so annoyed by the over marketting of this pathetic, over priced brand. Everyone swears by mac and whatever insignificant MAC brush they are using...when in reality, CVS has equally good brushes at a fraction of the cost... love Sonia Kashuk brushes.

AVOID MAC LIKE A PLAGUE!

on 1/29/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great product that gives the skin a beautiful glow and look,just very costly BUT worth it ! A must in my make up kit !

on 1/28/2014 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Must-have for me. I buy the minis (which, as others have mentioned are oddly $10 for 30mL vs the regular size is $32 for 50mL -so really you can buy 2 travel sizes totalling more than double the product you'd get in one full size Strobe cream for $20 - not sure why it's priced this way but I started buying the mini's as they are easier to travel with).

I use it several ways : as moisturiser, mixed with Etude House's Volumer, with BB/TM's/foundations or cream blushes, as a base for make-up, as a regular cream highlighter. It's versatile and has a subtle pearlescent sheen to it, you can barely notice once it's blended which is perfect. I also use it alone if I don't want to wear any make-up that day but have a bit of glow to my skin. It does have a light fragrance but it doesn't bother my sensitive skin and I've been using it for years. It's non-greasy, no cheap-looking glitter or any glitter at all, absorbs quickly like a normal moisturiser and leaves no tacky residue.

LOVE. It's absolute perfection. Highly, highly recommend this to anyone looking for a subtle way to add a hint of beautiful soft sheen to skin.

on 1/19/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Yeah, it's great if you are older. Brings back some glow. (If you are already glowy then you might not see a difference, but if you aren't glowy - this helps!)

I really like the smell. And it is quite lingering, so that is sort of a plus.

It *feels* good when I put it on. My skin likes it.

Makes foundation go on more easily - I use it as a primer. I use half as much foundation this way.

This is the only thing I buy from MAC. I just run in and say "Strobe Cream" and then run out again. But I will continue to buy it as long as they make it.

Everything that Clarins Flash Balm says it is (but isnt).

Popular Moisturizers