MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 8/7/2014 6:19:00 PM

I love this cream. It's light, dewy, and it leaves your face looking flawless. I add it before my foundation for a little extra moisture and then after for that dewy look. It's a staple in my MU bag.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Having flawless foundation is an absolute must for myself. After all its the canvas for the rest of your face.

I use strobe cream combined with a few other MAC products to get my desired look; dewy and fresh faced. Firstly I use Prep + Prime as a base and give it a few minutes to settle in to my skin, then on the back of my hand I take a pump of Pro Longwear spf 10 foundation (I always always have to have an SPF, it's so important to protect your skin) and add a dab of Strobe Cream to it, I then apply it to my face with Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The reason I mix the two is because I feel it gives more of a natural glow to the face and distributes the product nicely, I also find that if I put on strobe and then foundation it sometimes mattifies (have I just made up a word?) the strobe cream.

I'm then left with healthy glowing skin all day, it also leaves my face feeling soft and smooth without feeling greasy. However on very hot days or periods where I'm wearing makeup for a long time I may dab a little powder on to my T zone if I become too glowing.

When using this product you won't need more than one pump per application, a little really does go a long way with this.

- I haven't included the rest of my face routine in the review as the focus is on strobe -

on 6/17/2014 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE! This amazing pearlescent, iridescent glow cream is unbelievable. Having dry skin I found that moisturising AND priming my skin would cause it to ball up on my face but never found a primer that have me enough hydration alone; in walks this little gem. I squeeze a pea sized amount out of the squeeze tube onto my finger and apply to my flaky, dry, dull skin and wow, it gives me a dewy, glowing and moisturised complexion which makes my foundation last all day and not cake or cling to dry patches. Also this miracle cream has so many skin benefits including an aha (light chemical exfoliant) which does not irritate my eczema and acne prone skin. Thank you mac this is my HG primer and I will never be without it.

on 6/12/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I read a lot of reviews but rarely write one, however this product is fabulous! I am north of 60 and have been on a mission for several months to find the right foundation and makeup for my mature skin. As you know or will find out, as you age your makeup has to evolve as well. The old mineral makeup wasn't doing it for me and liquid foundations felt too heavy and drying. This cream serves as my moisturizer and primer for the summer (a little goes a long way) and with Too Faced Beauty Balm (BTW love this too!) over it I finally got it right! No sparkle...just a dewy, lit from within look that is natural and glowing. The ingredients are exceptional and my skin loves it. Of course the test is when you get compliments, and I haven't been disappointed there either...I will never be without this. The only way to improve it would be to add a sunscreen, but the BB cream has it so not a big deal.

on 6/10/2014 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't remember where I first heard about MAC Strobe Cream but in my search of having dewy, glowing skin I decided to pick up a travel size (which is actually cheaper per ounce than buying the full size) and I really dig it. Even on non makeup days this seems to help calm some redness and give my skin a nice glow so it's not super lackluster and dull. Under foundation it also evens out dry patches and gives a nice canvas for foundation. It also oddly prevents my foundation from oxidizing when I mix just a tad in. Overall I really like this product, it seems to be quite a multi tasker and beneficial for my skin, definitely a makeup bag staple!

on 6/10/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

NOT for sensitive skin. Love the idea of it, but it burned the heck out of my skin and left redness everywhere. Such a shame for the amount I spent on it :(

on 5/29/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I decided to try this after seeing many people rave about it. I bought the travel size ($35) because I didn't want to commit to a full size ($70) if I didn't end up liking it.

I wanted to like it but to be completely honest, I don't see what the rave is about. It kind of gave my skin a glow, but nothing different to what my skin is normally like if I'm not suffering from a breakout or extremely dry skin.

Maybe it works for others, but not for me. It also has a bit of a strange smell but its not too pungent.

on 4/23/2014 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Oh my god. This product is my hg.
I have the mac face and body at home and I love the foundation. However, there are days I wish it'd do more for me. You would not believe how HUGE of a difference the coverage was when I mixed the two together. The consistency was thicker, and also prevented the foundation from oxidizing ? Weird. The smell is a little strange. Kind of reminds me of the mini perfume that came with my 1995 Malibu Barbie doll. Plasticky floral. However, I LOVE this product. On top of the amazing coverage it adds to my foundation, it made my skin better too!!! The face and body sometimes causes minor breakouts but for some reason when I mix the two together and slap it on my face, it doesn't cause breakouts and it makes my skin SO bright and soft when I wash all my make up off. Must be the vitamins and green tea extract. I LOVE YOU STROBE CREAM. NEVER CHANGE.

on 4/18/2014 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a product I repurchase. I have oily combination skin. on dryer days this cream works very well. I don't get much use of it during summer. any other season cream works great. especially under long lasting foundation.

I like the product even though I don't use it very often. It gives an ever so slightly glowing look if applied under the foundation instead of a regular moisturizer. Another way of using the cream is applying where required (on cheekbones, brow bones) on top of foundation.
The cream has a nice texture and spreads easily and sinks in well. They say it has a lot of beneficial ingredients which help to make your skin look better. I could not see that. Probably, because I d not use the cream often enough.

Popular Moisturizers