July 31, 2014 | 1986 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by wildcardinside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. It has slowly become one of my top 5 favourite MAC products, and I have A LOT of them! The best thing about it is that is is so multi-purpose. It can be mixed with foundation to sheer down the coverage (great for Illamasqua's rich liquid) and to add a lovely glow, it can be used as a moisturizer/primer almost - applied directly to the skin, assisting with moisture and luminosity. It can be used over foundation/powder as a highlighter or used just in general on its own as a moisturizer! (which it is generally designed for as it is actually in the MAC skin care department). The amount of amazing natural ingredients that is in this product is phenomenal. I use it as a highlighter though, and it just adds the most gorgeous pinky silver sheen, and personally, I think its the most natural highlighter I have ever found (without being "too" natural and barely show up on the skin) and what I mean by this is, the incredibly moisture and luminosity it brings to the face mimics natural shine on the fact (without looking too greasy). It isn't shimmery like some highlighters and it isn't too thick (thinner than Benefit's "High" Beam). It blends wonderfully, and comes in another tube called "Strobe Liquid" which is supposed to be lighter for the skin with less ingredients and it is also a lot more thinner in consistency. Beautiful product! Only down fall though is that it is quite pricey at $55 AUD (but understandable when you read the ingredients).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sophiemayw

I got two sample sizes when I brought two online orders and was pleasantly surprised to see free samples! They have actually lasted me months even though I re-purchased a big bottle a couple of weeks ago, but at least I'm prepared! I didn't know how to use it at first, I wasn't sure if it was a moisturiser or a primer or what but I use it on top of my foundation and powder to create a soft glow, but it also really helps my dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by SilverRocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

From using raw Manuka honey to Strivectin to LaMer, I tried probably everything there is in order to keep my skin healthy, clear and fight signs of aging. I used to LOVE the original Strivectin and recently bought 5 tubes for 29 bucks each at TJ Max. However, I was under the impression that you could still re-order the cream even though it isn't advertised on Strivectin's website. I ended up returning since I want a product I can ALWAYS use.
My last skin regimen was just extra virgin olive oil (don't get me wrong it worked great but I would still break out every once while).
Then I came across a site called Paula's choice and researched EVERY anti-aging cream and to my surprise MAC's Strobe cream got a fantastic score "best" in the anti-aging/moisturizer category. Went to Nordstroms and bought the Strobe cream the same day as well as Studio Fix (my daily powder/make up in NC 20) and the cleasing wipes (they also got the "best" rating on Paula's site).
I have been using Strobe cream for a little over a week, First I thought that my skin would be to dry and I needed additional moisture; but no Strobe worked great,
I know it sounds silly but my "test" if I like a cream or not is to get "rid" of my blackheads and any little pimples I can see and then putting my newest buy over all the red dots I end up with due to my 'popping", in this case it was the Strobe cream.
Well, the next morning my skin looked great, sure a few red marks were still visible but barely.
I do use quite a bit though. My tube is half empty (went a bit overboard thinking that more is better, but not always). Use about 3 pea sized squirts and massage it into my face and neck when it is still moist from the cleasing cloths.
I found my new favorite. The subtle glow is perfect, my fine lines are almost gone and my face feels nourished.
I got Radiesse injected for the first time on Friday (my nasolabial folds were just to deep, no over the counter product could have fixed it) and put Strobe cream over my swollen and sore face; felt great.
Sorry for such a long review but once I find something that works I get pretty excited !!!
PS: After about 3 days I had some white hard and tiny "pimples" around my eye lids as well as a bit of peeling but this time I stuck with using Strobe instead of switchig and now my face is crystal clear, glowing and my pores seem to have shrunk as well.
I don't use Strobe cream as a highliter but soley as an anti-aging/moisturizer and as I said it works wonders. Going to get 2 more of each, the cleasing cloths and the Strobe ceram (but this time I will be a bit more conservative while applying). STROBE ROCKS !!!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok,well I'd just thought I'd add my two cents on here and say this is amazing it Definitely brings dreary skin to life I'm a dry skin Sufferer and this adds a nice subtle glow without been to over the top shiny it just leaves my skin looking really clear more even toned and overall healthy and more youthful I layer this on top of my regular cream and it Definitely makes a difference its a steal at the price you get a lot in and you only need a little amount dry skin ladies need to get this:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by chasiny

I use this item every time I do makeup. After skincare, I put MAC strobe cream on my face, and it's moisturizing and pearling. I started to use this item 4 years ago, that was my first time to use foundation. Before I had used BB from Korea, but the color liked gray so I decided to change my face makeup items. I went MAC store and the artist applied on my face and it was good. The pearl was soft, and it made my skin to moisturize.
I buy this 2 times a year, and it always perfect to my face. Sometime, I use after foundation, for highlight, but using as highlight, you have to attention of the moisture. The moisturized texture can remove your foundation so be careful during use on foundation.

This item is always on my makeup box and will do forever. Thank you :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Strobe cream is my secret weapon when my face is dull and dry, especially so during the colder months of winter and autumn. It perks up my complexion by adding hydration, luminosity, and providing a beautiful glow without glitter. I mix a pea size amount into my regular SPF face lotion to add illumination followed by my regular face make-up. Strobe cream never interferes with any of my SPF creams or make-up and also contains antioxidants too. It's a little pricy, but very little product is needed and a travel size tube (30 ml/1.0 fl oz) will last me easily two to three years.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I only bought the travel-sized version of Strobe Cream, because I broke out like crazy the first time I used it. I see why people like it, but unfortunately this product is not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This really is beautiful. It's smooth and got the nicest sheen. It's not super duper costly either. My issue with this product is the smell. It's very odd. It gives me a headache. I don't want to give this cream a bad rating though cause it performs well. If you can handle the scent and have normal to dry skin this is for you. It does take a little while for this to absorb if you use it as an all over moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for 2 weeks regularly now, and can already see and feel a huge difference in my skin. I have no more dry patches, and my skin remains hydrated throughout the day. Finally a cream that works! I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I'm really liking this! it's marketed as a moisturizer, but since I don't need much hyydration, I use it as an illuminator. I apply a pea size amount all over my face before foundation and it helps my foundation go on smoother and gives a nice glow-not oily or glittery. Sometimes I apply Strobe cream and nothing else to give my face a glow.

I'm NC30 Asian with yellow undertones and normal skin type.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No