April 24, 2014 | 1803 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I thought Naked Lunch looked too much like e/s I already had, like Jest, or L'oreal Infallible in Iced Latte, or Maybelline's Barely Beige CT, or UD Sin, etc. But I've realized that some of those pearly champagnes can be over the top for work (esp Iced Latte, which I LOVE). The subtle shimmer in NL is perfect for work; it's a more casual but still glam neutral shade that complements most crease colors and pulls a look together with little effort. I usually pat it all over the mobile lid and use a taupe in the crease (or any of the med-deep shades from Naked 1 & 2).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by hotmess

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My only brow highlighter for going out! I can wear it with browns, blues, greens to violets....and anything in between.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been wanting to buy Naked Lunch for about a year but I kept seeing reviews saying that it is very similar to Jest, which I already had, and that it's not worth purchasing both. I could not disagree more. I am a bit of a MAC addict but I definitely think that they are different enough to justify owning both. Jest is more pink/peachy and it gives a different effect. Because Naked Lunch is pretty close to my skintone (NC20) it shows up as a nudey-beige with gorgeous shimmer that almost looks wet. So, if you are an addict like myself I think that is definitely worth purchasing both if you already have Jest, but if you are on a budget and have to choose just one, I would choose Naked Lunch! My favorite way to wear it is as a wash with Era or Cork in the crease, and a little Vanilla to highlight. I typically don't like shimmer in my highlights but this could be the one exception. It isn't light enough to be worn as a highlight by itself on my complexion, which is why I add the Vanilla. I can't say enough good things about this eyeshadow and I highly recommend! Also, I did not have any texture issues that many other people have mentioned. I have recently made a "Guide to MAC Highlight Eyeshadows" if you would like to check it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

A simple, yet very pretty eyeshadow by MAC. Described as a pink champagne frost, it is the exact color of my fair skin tone, so I really like to wear this as an all over color for a natural look. It is very shimmery, which for me can go on either beautifully or patch-y. Very pigmented and a little goes a long way - I really only need a swipe or two of this on my brush and voila! Instant glam!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeshadow, I've repurchased it numerous times. It's a great colour for all over the eye or as a highlight in the inner corners. I love it with Tempting or Satin Taupe but it looks great with all browns and greys really, sooo versatile! My favourite thing to do with it is put it all over the lid, on top of Painterly paint pot with some black liner; really simple but striking.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by heroines

Naked Lunch is such a lovely, rosy-golden color with a frost finish. Used in a thin layer over an eyeshadow base it almost looks like the lids are wet, that's how fine the finish is. It looks great with practically any brown/bronzy/greyish shade.
It really makes my eyes look more awake and fresh when used on the inner part of the eye. I also love to use it on it's own with just Mascara.
It'd also make a great highlighter on darker skin tones!
Color payoff and pigmentation are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by pinkdot121424

Naked Lunch is a pink frosty color and it's just gorgeous on the lid. It doesn't make it look like you have a bruise on your eye unlike other pink eyeshadows. It actually adds a great highlight to the lid! It can be cumbersome to get enough product on the brush but it's still a really great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by cristalle65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Naked Lunch is a champagne pink with a nice shimmer to it. I'm 46 and use UD Eden e/s primer before this. It shows up well on my fair skin and it isn't so shimmery that the wrinkles I sometimes have on my eyelids show up too bad. Its a good all-over wash that makes me look more awake. With a dark brown e/l it makes a good look for interviews

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by aspasia1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great great eyeshadow. Basic, wearable color, useable on lid, browbone, for blending, for highlighting. Im assuming it works better with warm complexions . Dont know about darker-skinned girls, but trust me, if you range from (warm) fair to medium and are looking for a very basic color, get it! Also a good color to start a mac collection of shadows :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this time and again, mostly to use as a highlighter under my brow, but I realized there may be better shades for me, as sometimes this does not even show up on my skin. I do think it is a versatile shadow though.