July 29, 2014 | 524 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Got a sample tube of this when I bought the Yu-Be scrub. I don't have sensitive skin, but this cream is cloying and broke me out. Very thick. Not good for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by lele118

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best ever! It really works. I use this every night as a lip balm before I go to bed. I have full plump beautiful lips - if I may say so. During Winter months I will occasionally apply on trouble spots on my face and hands. It is very emollient so I don't as a regular moisturizer and I don't mind the menthol smell. A little goes a long way, this tube lasts me a year+ and at $15 a tube a super deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I, too got a small sample of this from Sephora. I've tried several products of the same type (Egyptian Magic, Mia, Elizebeth Arden 8 hr cream) but I have to say Yu Be beats them all. I love that is doesn't have petrol products and is pretty "green", but most of all, I feel this actually DOES something. I used up my tiny tube on scratches, dry, flaky patches, callouses and even a flaky nose, and it's awesome. The moisturizing effects last 24hrs + and I like the texture, which is very thick-almost a gel. Don't confuse this with a cream or lotion, this is much thicker and medicated (camphor)...You would use this on problem areas. I have dry skin, so I wouldn't hesitate to use it on my face (and have-cleared up some tiny flakes my moisturizer wasn't working on). I agree it's relatively pricy, but with so many uses, it's well worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by LadyBugGrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as a sample from my Sephora order and I am loving it! I have used it on my super chapped lips and it worked great. I also used it on some really dry spots on my face and it did a good job and didn't flare up my sensitive skin. Will be buying a full size this week.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by inkchick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample from Sephora and being a constant sufferer of chapped lips, I'm surprised at how well this has worked on my lips. I wouldn't personally care for it on my face, but I have used it on my dry cuticles, heels and elbows. A tiny bit goes a long way and after using up the sample I ordered a small tube from Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Ehhhh I expected more from this product, probably due to the positive reviews in P'ville. I'm currently using a sample tube and it smells EXACTLY like this salve you can find at Chinatown herb stores - it's called Hua Tong cream or something like that and comes in a flat screwtop plastic jar and instead of a neon green/yellow, it's a pukey brown/yellow. Anyways, this was moisturizing but it also left my skin feeling slippery. I didn't like it on my face or lips, even though the directions said you could use it in those areas. The florescent color was a bit off-putting. I'll use up my sample but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent product. It got rid of my chronic flakey patch on my cheek with no irritation, and healed flakey chapped lips that no product has been able to touch all winter. I'm a Yu-Believer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by rastaxcore

I'm waffling on whether or not I should spring for the full size of this. Pros - soaks in quickly, works quickly on even very stubborn areas (like my persistently dry ankles), makes an EXCELLENT lip mask/balm, no petroleum (!!!!) and it's relatively scentless after the immediate camphor smell is gone. Cons - slightly slippery when first applied, and did I mention overpriced? I have no issue paying good money for a good product but reading these other reviews, I feel like I would just be lining the pockets of the middleman if I bought it here in the states. Also, I'd obviously spring for the large jar (also for trips to Northern Europe) but I wouldn't want to invest in something that stopped performing -- I've found that in many cases, the best batches go into samples and the average goes into full sized products. So we'll see, it's near impossible to get something like this made in the US because most "medicated creams" are petroleum based, which is the opposite of what I want. This isn't half as sticky or greasy as vaseline or aquaphor, contrary to what several reviews have said.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by mggimcg

LOVE the camphor smell. I wouldn't care if it stuck around, but true to the package it definitely does fade quickly. Great as a lipbalm and a wonderful moisturizer. Perfect for the cold Canadian weather.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by cendana

Longwearing, seals in moisture, not goopy or sticky, doesn't suffocate your skin, lightweight but heavyduty, travel friendly.
Been using this on my lips and areas on my face that needs extra moisture. Excellent find!

I got this on sale but normally they cost around AUD$25.