April 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain Volumactive Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by janetgrace

All of Keraste products are the worst, except for the leave in Ciment Thermique, which has Milk properties. Don't waste your time nor money. It's the same stuff L'oreal sells in the drugstores. Those don't work on me either, why would I ever think these would? It's all about the packaging and hype. I'm not cheap. However, I wasted a fortune trying out the different lines. It must be filled with harsh ingredients. My hair looks great with good products. You are better off at Whole Foods and get yourself some good shampoos that are nourishing your hair and scalp, not garbage as Kerastase with all the media hype. Sorry, but it's true. $40 a bottle for shampoo, $60 for deep conditioners. Too funny. They got me, no more.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hmmm. I found that after washing my hair with this and blowdrying my hair, it had nice movement and a bit more volume than usual, which I was happy with. However I colour my hair a very light blonde and I found that this shampoo wasn't fantastic in terms of keeping my hair healthy- it had dry, splitting ends. I love Kerastase products. This shampoo was lovely but didn't take care of my hair the way it needs to be taken care of. It was recommended to me because my hair is fine and quite prone to damage, and although it gave me nice volume, it did nothing for strengthening- Bain de Force is much better. My mum and cousin both have naturally straight, fine hair, which is always exceedingly healthy (I don't think they've had a split end in their lives, grrr) and they swear by it. Its for this type of hair I think. No issues with the price, I believe Kerastase products are well worth what you pay for them. Packaging looks lovely in the bathroom. Good shampoo, just not for me. I'd buy it again if I didn't need more from it and volume was all I was after.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by bgp

I tried almost all Kerastase shampoos and most of them made my hair flat or frizzy. This shampoo is amazing. I have medium hair and this made my hair very shiny, full of body and healthy looking. Most volumizing shampoos strip the hair but not this one. I actually got a lot of compliments on my hair. Def. buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

I probably would buy this product again, but not in a hurry! For a shampoo, which gets a lot of use, it's fiendishly expensive.
It's designed for "fine,vulnerable hair". I'm not sure what vulnerable hair is but mine is fine. It is meant to give it volume and it does a fairly good job at this. It makes it quite shiny too.
Quite a nice rich shampoo with a pleasant smell - but too pricy!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by naturalchic07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo (or hair bath as kerastase likes to call them) for the volumizing effect. When I used it for the first time I was disappointed that it wouldn't lather very well. Then I learnt from a hair stylist that you have to lather up twice (as in lather, rinse, repeat) to get it to lather up well and voila, this worked!!! The lather was gorgeous and creamy and really felt like it was cleansing my hair and nourishing it at the same time and the smell is to die for! I use this is conjunction with other kerastase hair produts and love how my hair feels. Clean, light, bouncy and healthy. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 8:48:00 AM More reviews by chocolatLiz

I don't understand the poor reviews for this product because it's the only shampoo that I've found that works on my fine, limp hair! I usually wash my hair twice with it, only a couple times a week. I think the key to all shampoos is not to keep using them every day. Anyways, after a little conditioner on the ends of my hair and after drying, I have a lot of volume. I would not suggest using this every day for weeks because it does create a lot of build up on the scalp. Definitely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2006 9:08:00 AM More reviews by svedija

the worst, makes my scalp itching and iritated.I think L'ocontane's shampoos are better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2006 1:51:00 AM More reviews by divejunkie

Apart from a nice smell and lots of lather, this didnt do anything noticable for my very fine hair. I've had better results from cheaper shampoos. Worse thing is I got suckered into buying the whole volumactive range. Wont repurchase once the bottle is empty.

Edited March 6th 07 - I have to take my words back. After cutting my long hair into a sleek short bob, I have to say this shampoo does help to create the illusion of volume. Hair behaves nicely, no flyaways etc. Still, for the price, I'm not sure if I would repurchase

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this shampoo does not work for me, no volume! I had to use a conditioner after this my hair was a totally mess! test something else

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo doesn't add volume at all. But leaves you a soft silky feeling. I have an almost natural hair color, I mean I did get a body perm for volume professionally done, hair dryer and curling iron almost everyday and occasionally I got NON AMMONIA hair dye just to get my hair glossy again. But, I do have oily scalp on 2nd day easily. I LOVE THE SMELL of this shampoo. I live in San Francisco, so the climate here is pretty chill everyday, medium humidity, not dry like Los Angeles or Las vegas for example. All kinds of shampoo affects the texture of your hair depending what's the climate like. I used this while vacationing in Florida with the matching spray leave in conditioner green one, too, but my hair feels little bit drying. When I use it in San Fran, my hair so silky smooth, most of the time TOO SOFT, doesn;t HOLD eventho I use mousse already. So, it dependsss.... I used Bain Satin 1, too soft as well, sometimes I don't use conditioner and still soft. I love Bain Divalent, it cleans my oily scalp, the bottle mean it. Becareful when choosing Kerastase, they really mean what it said on the bottle. I think kerastase great for dry or chemically abused hair, not really for natural hair. It's really moisturizing based on my experience. Next thing I want to try is the pink bottle and red one ( Reflection and Soleil one) ... can't wait...