December 19, 2014 | 1503 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this would help my acne but I guess my acne is way too severe for this. It didn't break me out but there are only 3 shades, so unless you're really fair, medium, or really tan, you're out of luck. The light was too light for me and it didn't stay on for long.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Megan6205

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff! Coming from a girl with acne and combo/oily skin. It doesn't break me out, and it has great coverage! It lasts a long time too!! The only issue I have is that it's really hard to find.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This concealer is good. It has medium coverage but it looks a tad cakey and doesn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by GwenBrianne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ooooh! Almay Clear Complexion Concealer. AMAZING! And I'm not just saying that.
Okay, so I am fifteen years old. I have pale skin. It's oily. Got a lot of acne. And I'm sensitive to MANY things.

I was looking for a good concealer that would cover my pimples but would NOT break me out. I tried a few others before, and so far every single one I bought would make my skin worse. Ugh. I was getting SO frustrated.

And then, one day, I was looking at reviews here on MakeupAlley, and I found this one. Everyone said it was great! I mean, a concealer that helped HEAL the pimples you put it on? I was seriously SO excited for this. So I had my mom grab it from Walmart. Was about eight dollars or so. She wasn't exactly sure which color to get me—considering summer was coming—so she got me "Light" and "Medium." After a debate with my friend, she said "Light" would probably work best. And, oh my goodness, the color is absolutely PERFECT. It matches amazingly!

Since I have lots of pimples and sensitive skin, I've decided I'll leave off the foundation until my face gets over the hormonal imbalance of the teenage years. So all I wear is concealer, powder, and eye makeup. The concealer I use everyday? THIS one. And I LOVE it.

Originally, I found it a little difficult to work with. I wasn't quite sure how exactly to work it. But, after a while of patchy, funny-looking spots, I figured it out—I wash my face, pat it dry, apply my Neutrogena Oil-free Lotion, wait a little bit, add a little more lotion to my blemishes, dab this concealer on them, then blend it in with my fingers. It works best when my lotion is still a bit sticky, and it blends right in. Redness and obvious pimple? Gone! Once I put on my powder (which is Maybelline Dream Matte) my face looks SO natural and flawless. It's almost like I'm not even wearing makeup! I LOVE it. It's creamy, easy to put on, blends amazingly, and stays for a LONG time—even in the pool! I seriously love it.

Okay, so I have been kinda raving about this. But there are a few hiccups that it has. Number one would be that it is a LITTLE drying. If I have a pimple that is healing and is kinda dry, this doesn't really look very nice on it. It accentuates the dryness, and can look a little . . . bleck. But that's why I put a little extra moisturizer on it! Another bad thing would be the packaging. I hear that doe foot applicators can spread germs and bacteria, so it might not be the most sanitary thing. Also, when I first got it, whenever I put the wand back in, concealer would kinda goop out the sides and get everywhere. But once I used some product it stopped doing that. As for the "Blemish Healing" part of it . . . I'm not sure. It doesn't help my pimples a LOT, but it definitely doesn't make it worse.

Overall Review:
• Perfect color. (For very-pale me. Not sure about the other colors.)
• No breakouts! (It is non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and fragrance free!)
• Excellent at cancelling redness.
• Not SUPER expensive.
• Can be drying, but it works great when it's over something! (Moisturizer, BB cream, foundation, and all things like that.)
• Covers my pimples. COMPLETELY.
• And it STAYS there.

Love it. Seriously do. Would I recommend this? Um, YES! It is wonderful. Thank you, Almay!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jessicalw28

Love this concealer! It contains salicylic acid, so it helps to dry out my acne. Great for touching up blemishes. Covers well, and easy to apply. My only complaint would be that I am in between shades. The light is too light and medium is too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sgray0721

This product works really well a concealing blemishes. It's thick quality doesn't make it very breathable though, and I think it worsens my acne slightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by joooliagoolia

this stuff is fantastic. i have been through the ringer trying to find a good concealer that doesn't break me out and actually hides my blemishes (mostly red marks left over from acne and the occasional active pimple).. i've tried about every drugstore concealer and a good number of high end ones. i had been using makeup forever full coverage concealer for about two months and was pretty content but suspected it was breaking me out. sure enough, in the past week i've been using almay instead of the MUFE my skin has cleared up. not only that, but the almay concealer covers as well, if not better then the MUFE concealer and it's a fraction of the cost. i use a primer, the almay concealer, and neutrogena mineral sheers on top...during my 9 hour work day i only need to touch up once if at all. i know how frustrating it is to find a good concealer especially for us acne prone ladies but you have nothing to lose with this concealer because i almost guarantee it won't break you out, and i like i said the coverage is fantastic. i rarely write reviews about products but felt moved to do so for this concealer because i am so happy with it! definitely my new hg concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by LeahBoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I want everyone to know that this concealer is JUST for pimples....do NOT use under your eyes as it contains salicylic acid which is extremely drying and there for perfect for zapping zits!
Even though some complained about the wand applicator I found, though unsanitary, it was perfect for application and then dabbing to blend with finger. It covered perfectly. I couldn't really tell if it was actually zit zapping but it did seem to make them come and go faster.
I also found that putting some on my nose could decrease oiliness through out the day.
Pretty good lasting power. And the shade worked for me. Better then the neutrogena zit zapper by far. Over all great concealer! I loved how I didn't have to feel guilty about putting makeup on that would clog pores and cause breakouts! Great for the occasional zit!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by edurling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my go-to concealer ever since I got my first zit in 6th grade. It matches my skin very well (and I have pale skin, so sometimes that's an issue for me - I use light) and doesn't exacerbate any skin issues. My only issue with it (hence the four lippies) is that it doesn't heal blemishes, for sure. Then again, I never expect makeup to do that and I think the salicylic helps the blemish from getting worse. This concealer has good coverage (though I wouldn't call it "max") and is very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by koalion

Been using this FOREVER, all throughout high school and college, and it's never let me down. Pretty much a HG product for me, since I really don't feel the need to try any other concealers, even the higher-end ones. I have a fair amount of acne on my face and blemishes/scarring from previous breakouts, and this does such a good job of covering them up. It doesn't cake up/flake around my zits or slide off, like a lot of other concealers do. Don't really know about its "Blemish Healing" properties but I guess the salicylic acid can't hurt, and it's certainly never made my existing acne worse. This, and the Almay Blemish Healing Foundation, have definitely achieved HG status for me and I'll keep using them as long as they keep working for my skin.

I'd definitely recommend this for acne-prone skin, although perhaps maybe for oily skin than for dry skin (or moisturize before applying!).