September 30, 2014 | 1718 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by joooliagoolia

this stuff is fantastic. i have been through the ringer trying to find a good concealer that doesn't break me out and actually hides my blemishes (mostly red marks left over from acne and the occasional active pimple).. i've tried about every drugstore concealer and a good number of high end ones. i had been using makeup forever full coverage concealer for about two months and was pretty content but suspected it was breaking me out. sure enough, in the past week i've been using almay instead of the MUFE my skin has cleared up. not only that, but the almay concealer covers as well, if not better then the MUFE concealer and it's a fraction of the cost. i use a primer, the almay concealer, and neutrogena mineral sheers on top...during my 9 hour work day i only need to touch up once if at all. i know how frustrating it is to find a good concealer especially for us acne prone ladies but you have nothing to lose with this concealer because i almost guarantee it won't break you out, and i like i said the coverage is fantastic. i rarely write reviews about products but felt moved to do so for this concealer because i am so happy with it! definitely my new hg concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by LeahBoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I want everyone to know that this concealer is JUST for pimples....do NOT use under your eyes as it contains salicylic acid which is extremely drying and there for perfect for zapping zits!
Even though some complained about the wand applicator I found, though unsanitary, it was perfect for application and then dabbing to blend with finger. It covered perfectly. I couldn't really tell if it was actually zit zapping but it did seem to make them come and go faster.
I also found that putting some on my nose could decrease oiliness through out the day.
Pretty good lasting power. And the shade worked for me. Better then the neutrogena zit zapper by far. Over all great concealer! I loved how I didn't have to feel guilty about putting makeup on that would clog pores and cause breakouts! Great for the occasional zit!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by edurling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my go-to concealer ever since I got my first zit in 6th grade. It matches my skin very well (and I have pale skin, so sometimes that's an issue for me - I use light) and doesn't exacerbate any skin issues. My only issue with it (hence the four lippies) is that it doesn't heal blemishes, for sure. Then again, I never expect makeup to do that and I think the salicylic helps the blemish from getting worse. This concealer has good coverage (though I wouldn't call it "max") and is very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by koalion

Been using this FOREVER, all throughout high school and college, and it's never let me down. Pretty much a HG product for me, since I really don't feel the need to try any other concealers, even the higher-end ones. I have a fair amount of acne on my face and blemishes/scarring from previous breakouts, and this does such a good job of covering them up. It doesn't cake up/flake around my zits or slide off, like a lot of other concealers do. Don't really know about its "Blemish Healing" properties but I guess the salicylic acid can't hurt, and it's certainly never made my existing acne worse. This, and the Almay Blemish Healing Foundation, have definitely achieved HG status for me and I'll keep using them as long as they keep working for my skin.

I'd definitely recommend this for acne-prone skin, although perhaps maybe for oily skin than for dry skin (or moisturize before applying!).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by JL06451

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for about a month and it seems to be very helpful at combatting the occasional pimples that I get. I was getting deep underground pimples every few weeks for the last six months, but that thankfully seems to be going away now - this concealer has been awesome at covering up the red spots left by that "traumatic time". My skin has more of a pink undertone and many of the concealers that I've tried seem to cater more to a yellow undertone - I am happy to report that the "light" color matches my skin very well. It does seem to oxidize slightly after wearing it for an hour or two, but it is still a very good fit for my skin. I have pretty oily skin but the formula of this concealer seems to last throughout the day. The SA content seems to be perfect for helping my skin stay clear without being overly harsh or drying. I gave this a lippie off because it seems like product "clumps up" on the outside of the package every time I remove and replace the wand into the container. It gets messy and seems like it wastes product. This was pretty cheap overall, especially considering that it works well for me - I think I spent $7 on it when I bought it at CVS.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by sarahdvy

I love this concealer beacuse not only does it provide great coverage, but it actually helps to heal my blemishes. The color light fit me perfectly and i love the texture. Will definitely be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by bsmith22

This concealer does a great job keeping breakouts to a minimum. It's also great for those awkward moments (for people with acne) when you need to take a shower and use acne medicine, so you can't wear makeup but still would rather your significant other not see every single breakout you have. I can dab a little on after the acne medicine and it helps heal it instead of breaking me out more.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by rfasano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a concealer to cover up my dark circles and i saw this any it looked good! When i tried it even after i powdered my face it would go into a crease under my eye and make me look older. I would use this for anything else just not under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
- non comedogenic
- oil free
- available in drugstores
- no SPF to clog pores
- sayliliac acid (1%)
- brings acne to a surface quickly
- no redness after
- $9
- heals hyperpigmentation/scars
Cons:
- dries FAST
- wand applicator/unsanitary
- doesn't completely cover redness
- may dry out skin slightly
- a little too light for my skin

Edit: I like this a lot. I'm actually considering trying the matching foubdation with almost identical ingredients but with only 0.6% acid

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use concealer to hide dark circles and to even out skin tone but what I really needed was a concealer to hide blemishes but also dry them up. This is the only one I could find that would said it could do both. I'm so glad I gave it a try. Easy to use and I do notice a big improvement on how long my blemishes last now. I would definitely recommend it.