Revlon ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

3.9

Normal/Dry Formula: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.4%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4, Isostearate, HDI/Trimethol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Nylon 12, Phenyltrimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Isododecane, Boron Nitride, Methicone, Laureth 7, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Tocopherol Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ethylene Brassylate, Tribehenin, Bisabolol, Silica, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 7/4/2011 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using ivory 110 for about two years now. Foundation can be so expensive, therefore I'm hesitant on trying new foundations hence why I've been using Colorstay for so long. It matches my light skin perfectly, evens out my skin tone and that's.. pretty much it. I depend on my concealer and powder to do most the work as far as coverage goes. I don't usually have acne, but when I do get breakouts, this foundation can't be trusted. I'm currently on the hunt for a new foundation so I can say goodbye to Revlon Colorstay once and for all.

Bottom line: if you have clear skin and just need light coverage to even out, this is a wonderful product. If you're prone to acne, don't bother.

on 7/4/2011 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Okay after reading and watching many great reviews on this foundation I figured I will give it a try. And I am very disappointing! It is a HORRIBLE foundation. Maybe not the worst I have tried but at least in the top 5. It has no coveragae, light at best. It is way too dark for me. It's not really too pink or yellow just too orange. It makes me greasy. Ugh it is just not good at all. And the worst thing of all it made me break out like crazy. Will never buy again.

on 6/20/2011 8:21:00 AM

I think I may have found my HG foundation!

Yes, seriously! Oh, of course it's not going to work for everyone. It depends on your skin type, colour, blah blah blah. But for me it works.

The colour matches me so perfectly. Ok, so I am ridiculously pale but often get red patches on my dry, sensitive skin. This foundation covers all of that (it's good coverage, and buildable) and isn't too yellow, too pink or too neutral for me.The normal - dry formula is so good for me... very moisturising and no flaking thank god... something which the last 5 foundations I have used all did to me!

So yes, there are bad points. It is a very thin consistency, but luckily my brush is big enough to put some on without it going everywhere.
And I wish the bottle had a pump. The Mac one doesn't fit, and Revlon don't even sell pumps individually... but still, for a product that matches my skin so well that it's hard to tell i'm actually wearing foundation, i'll live without one. And if i do get desperate i'll transfer it to a bottle with a pump.

Finally, you have to accept that you have to blend thoroughly but fast! This is not a foundation you can shove on 2 minutes before you head out the door. You have some serious blending to do in the application process, and make sure you apply it to one area of your face at a time instead of all over.

For me though, the extra time invested in putting it on makes it last basically all day, doesn't make my skin flaky or look cakey, and makes my skin look like my actual skin, but just so much better! And it's not expensive either. Yes there are cheaper foundations out there, but it's worth a try, especially if all other foundations seem to dark or yellow on you!

on 5/15/2011 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i got this in the lightest shade for dry skin....I tried applying this with fingers, brushes, sponge ...and I still couldnt get it to spread out even on my skin
-It emphasizes my dry patches and sets into my fine lines under my eye and around my mouth
-The shade was not bad...a bit too pinkish ...but the next color after was too dark.
-It also feels heavy on the skin and its a pain to get it off.
-smells like wall paint

+did not break me out
+stays on for a loooong time

on 5/12/2011 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm honestly surprised that I love this product. I was worried that the shade would be too dark, but it's actually just right for my super pale skin! It matches so much better than what I was using before (Cover Girl Sensitive Skin makeup) which looked lighter in the bottle than this does. This product also helped me discover that even if you do have very light pink-toned skin, it doesn't mean your foundation needs to be really pink as well. This one is rather neutral and instead of making my face look this sort of gross shrimpy color, it evens out my skin and reduces redness.

The coverage is medium but doesn't go on feeling heavy and manages to tone down some of my dark acne scars and marks (still doesn't cover completely, but it's much, much better than before). It goes right into my skin without feeling like I'm having an oil-slick on my face like foundation usually does for me. But like I've always been told with this product, you DO have to blend quickly or it sticks. And then again, that's the beauty of it. So far it's remained matte on my t-zone and isn't evaporating or slipping around. The finish is slightly powdery which I've never experienced before in a foundation, but that's perfectly fine by me.

I'll definitely be using this for a long time. Thank God there's finally a product that looks natural on my skin!

UPDATE:

Still loving it and wouldn't buy anything else! My *only* problem I find is that when I have to use more product on problem spots, it can tend to look a little heavy and darker, but other than that, it's something I can use everyday and it still looks natural enough to not seem fakey cakey.

on 5/12/2011 3:09:00 PM

By far the best product I have found for pale skin. I have tried Estee Lauder double wear and found them very orange. I also compared this to Caryl Baker's full coverage which is also a little on the orange side and fades.

I like to do two coats with drying in between and apply with a foundation brush. A little blush after makes for a nice porceline effect. A great price for value. The only problems is that I wish it had a pump and the smell is a little funny.

on 4/19/2011 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this product, it is natural looking but I do need to end it with a powder. It also doesn't stay on for as long as it should. It started to come off around the nose a few hours later (I have oily skin, mostly on my nose) and I didn't think that would happen as I bought it for oily skin but it is still a pretty good product and I will be buying more of it. But the worst thing is that it is very very expensive. I can't find it anywhere for less than $35.

on 3/21/2011 5:02:00 PM

I have been continuing my search for my HG foundation and I think I may possibly have found it... Revlon Colorstay, why have I passed over you so many times whilst browsing in Boots?
I have no qualms about the no-pump bottle, I have a method of pouring just the right amount on to the back of my left hand and using it as a makeup pallette :D
The colour of the actual foundation is a little darker than my fair skin but after I dust my mineral foundation powder (Lily Lolo, in Porcelain) on my face, it is the right colour.
I wore my foundation for 14hrs at work and was so tired that when I got home I fell asleep in my makeup (which I NEVER do) and when I got up, some 7hrs later... My makeup was STILL intact. They seriously weren't kidding when they called it Colorstay!
It is medium to full coverage which I love, doesn't break me out which is another huge plus of my oily, acne-prone skin and it boasts a semi-modest SPF 6. I wear an SPF15 moisturiser underneath so I know my skin is protected from the environment.
I don't know if I would recommend this foundation to anyone else as it's hard to know if they would get along with it, but I will be repurchasing it in the future.
Hugz

on 2/28/2011 2:58:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My favorite foundation by far! I'm on my second bottle. I buy the oily/combination formula, in fair. It matches my skin tone great. I have acne, and acne scarring, mostly on my jaw line, and I find this gives it a nice coverage. I still have to use some concealer. I use the Colorstay Pressed Powder, as well, and the combination of the two last for most of the day. For me, the best way to apply is with a wet sponge. I;ve tried applying with a brush, and with my fingers, and I think it just dries too quickly. I don't like the open bottle....I really wish they would start putting a pump on the bottles.

I thought this would be great....i was wrong. My nose ended up a right state...I have oily/combo skin and it slid of my nose after a few hours. No amount of powder will fix it. The coverage isnt as good as i though and it settles into pores. Remember this is the oily/combo formula. I now look like i stuck my head in oil. I won be buying this again but i shall persevere to see if i can get something out of it. Dont waste your money if you have oily skin.