July 25, 2014 | 1025 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm honestly surprised that I love this product. I was worried that the shade would be too dark, but it's actually just right for my super pale skin! It matches so much better than what I was using before (Cover Girl Sensitive Skin makeup) which looked lighter in the bottle than this does. This product also helped me discover that even if you do have very light pink-toned skin, it doesn't mean your foundation needs to be really pink as well. This one is rather neutral and instead of making my face look this sort of gross shrimpy color, it evens out my skin and reduces redness.

The coverage is medium but doesn't go on feeling heavy and manages to tone down some of my dark acne scars and marks (still doesn't cover completely, but it's much, much better than before). It goes right into my skin without feeling like I'm having an oil-slick on my face like foundation usually does for me. But like I've always been told with this product, you DO have to blend quickly or it sticks. And then again, that's the beauty of it. So far it's remained matte on my t-zone and isn't evaporating or slipping around. The finish is slightly powdery which I've never experienced before in a foundation, but that's perfectly fine by me.

I'll definitely be using this for a long time. Thank God there's finally a product that looks natural on my skin!

UPDATE:

Still loving it and wouldn't buy anything else! My *only* problem I find is that when I have to use more product on problem spots, it can tend to look a little heavy and darker, but other than that, it's something I can use everyday and it still looks natural enough to not seem fakey cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by sdunahee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

By far the best product I have found for pale skin. I have tried Estee Lauder double wear and found them very orange. I also compared this to Caryl Baker's full coverage which is also a little on the orange side and fades.

I like to do two coats with drying in between and apply with a foundation brush. A little blush after makes for a nice porceline effect. A great price for value. The only problems is that I wish it had a pump and the smell is a little funny.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by sorandomgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product, it is natural looking but I do need to end it with a powder. It also doesn't stay on for as long as it should. It started to come off around the nose a few hours later (I have oily skin, mostly on my nose) and I didn't think that would happen as I bought it for oily skin but it is still a pretty good product and I will be buying more of it. But the worst thing is that it is very very expensive. I can't find it anywhere for less than $35.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Amadahy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been continuing my search for my HG foundation and I think I may possibly have found it... Revlon Colorstay, why have I passed over you so many times whilst browsing in Boots?
I have no qualms about the no-pump bottle, I have a method of pouring just the right amount on to the back of my left hand and using it as a makeup pallette :D
The colour of the actual foundation is a little darker than my fair skin but after I dust my mineral foundation powder (Lily Lolo, in Porcelain) on my face, it is the right colour.
I wore my foundation for 14hrs at work and was so tired that when I got home I fell asleep in my makeup (which I NEVER do) and when I got up, some 7hrs later... My makeup was STILL intact. They seriously weren't kidding when they called it Colorstay!
It is medium to full coverage which I love, doesn't break me out which is another huge plus of my oily, acne-prone skin and it boasts a semi-modest SPF 6. I wear an SPF15 moisturiser underneath so I know my skin is protected from the environment.
I don't know if I would recommend this foundation to anyone else as it's hard to know if they would get along with it, but I will be repurchasing it in the future.
Hugz

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by mysjae82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite foundation by far! I'm on my second bottle. I buy the oily/combination formula, in fair. It matches my skin tone great. I have acne, and acne scarring, mostly on my jaw line, and I find this gives it a nice coverage. I still have to use some concealer. I use the Colorstay Pressed Powder, as well, and the combination of the two last for most of the day. For me, the best way to apply is with a wet sponge. I;ve tried applying with a brush, and with my fingers, and I think it just dries too quickly. I don't like the open bottle....I really wish they would start putting a pump on the bottles.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ninjahamster28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be great....i was wrong. My nose ended up a right state...I have oily/combo skin and it slid of my nose after a few hours. No amount of powder will fix it. The coverage isnt as good as i though and it settles into pores. Remember this is the oily/combo formula. I now look like i stuck my head in oil. I won be buying this again but i shall persevere to see if i can get something out of it. Dont waste your money if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by violaceousdaisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have always had trouble knowing the best type of foundation for my skin. Previously I used mineral makeup but wanted something with more coverage. This was recommended to me and I love it. I apply with a damp makeup sponge so the coverage isn't too heavy. You do have to blend it in pretty quickly before it dries but I have never had any issues with it. I do use it over the smashbox photo finish primer which I think helps it apply much more smoothly. And it does stay all stay on all day once topped with powder.

Cons, the glass bottle with a large mouth is annoying to work with. Wish it came in something with a pump or a plastic container that could be squeezed out. Also sometimes just after application my skin feels a little itchy but it never lasts.

Overall this is a good product for me and so far hasn't broken out my acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

+ medium-full coverage
+ ivory match my skin tone *nw 15-20*
+ not so pricey
+ give great staying power and oil control
+ gives very nice looking skin
+ matte!
+ save for acne prone *as long as you don't wear it everyday,but better than other foundation that i've tried*
- if i wear it everyday,it gives me some acne
- very strong alcohol smell
- sometimes they looks so cakey on my nose
- hate the big mouth bottle

i found the best way to aply it is with finger..i tried with brush that i love for other foundation..but it just make my nose so cakey...i wil tried to aply it with damp sponge

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by salhon

I sort-of like the entire line of Colorstay make-up. OK products with good lasting power. I am very, very fair and this color (Ivory) works. But, I did find it to be a little dry when putting on though, so I just mixed a bit of my moisturizer in with it, and it went on much smoother. If I tried to use it w/o the moisturizer, it went on streaky and fake looking, so I suggest adding something to it to give it more slip.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by xxhelenaxx

I'm very disappointed. I have combo/oily acne-prone skin with patches of dryness and irritation from acne treatments. Even when I moisturize with a tea tree moisturizer that didn't seem to conflict with my Age Defying foundation for oily skin, nothing seems help if I'm using this foundation. It cakes, it clusters on skin that appeared properly cleaned, exfoliated and moisturized when I put on the make up (applied with a moistened sponge applicator as quickly as possible), it forms streaks. It sort of covers redness, but what does that matter if it looks so obvious?

It might be me, and maybe I have an old bottle (to be fair, I'm using something I bought a while ago).

It might just be my unfortunate, irritated skin. It's ironic--I really do have oily, acne prone skin, but the foundations that have given me the least grief are anti-aging/"hydrating" ones.