April 16, 2014 | 1417 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Skinflash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this! The formula is even better than YSL's one. The brush however is better in the Touche Eclat; this one is too long, but the formula is better, and thicker, so it covers more. I use under my eye, as I have very dark circles, and they're gone. The price could be better though!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awful: it does not work as a concealer and not even as a highlighter. Runny and with very little staying power. Overpriced. I really struggle to understand the reason why this product is still on the market. Terrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not one of my favourite concealers, even though it's not a concealer exactly. I thought it would be a better version of YSL's Touch Eclat which was only a highlighter , I though it would be the same highlighter like YSL's plus it would cover more, but it faled to both. Definetely not a better highlighter than YSL's and didn't cover anything. I have brownish dark circles both under eye on on my eyelids, pretty much since the day I was born, I got the #2 shade which has a yellowish tint, and actually made my circles look kind of weird, the yellow was visible ad made me look sick. Plus I hate so much the perfume, lind of powdery and the texure was powdery too. Certaintly I'm never gonna repurchase it, especially after I found my HG cocnealer, Bobbi Brown's Light peach corrector.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by jkboston10

I was talked into buying Dior Skin Flash in shade 03 by a Sephora sales person, who stated that it would be a way to pamper myself with a high quality luxury product. First of all, it is NOT a concealer, despite the manufacturer's claim. It is a highlighter, but with only 3 shades, the range is unimaginably limited. Even 03, the darkest shade, is far too light for my medium complexion, even if worn over or under my foundation, per the manufacturer's instructions. It does NOT cover anything. If it actually did highlight parts of the face well, it is still not worth the exorbitant price.

My advice is to look at drugstore products before wasting your money on this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would like to rate this a 3.5 not quite a 4. I'm trying to move away from thicker heavier concealers under my eyes. This is the first concealer/highlighter I have ever found that doesnt settle into my lines under my eyes, and ACTUALLY looks like my natural skin rather makeup. I'm also impressed with the packaging, I love the twist pen and the velvet pouch it comes in. I'm NC35 and I got this in shade 003 CandleLight, its a light peach color that diffuses purple undereye circles. However, when I put my powder over this, it turns grey brown darker than my skintone. I tried a lighter colored powder, this highlighter changed colors again. Thats why I'm rating this lower because of the color match. I'm going to try this highligter again with a third powder to see if this works.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by rockethamster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those meh products IMHO. I don't use it as a concealer, i find my timebalm to do a much better job at that. This just is not opaque enough to really cover much. Its also fairly expensive for such an unworthy concealer. I have found one good use for it though, as a highlighter. It works well when I want to attract light to my cheekbones.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by TampaBayGal

This is NOT a concealer...not sure why it's listed on MUA as such. The package reads "Radiance Booster Pen...professional "lightworks" in one stroke: diminishes shadows and imperfections, sculpts and redefines face contours, provides maximum radiance instantly". I tried the ever popular YSL Touche Eclat...which grew mold (see my review). I also tried Chanel, Estee Lauder, Lancome and Prescriptives and none of those worked well as a highlighter for me. THIS WORKS! Very nicely I may add. I bought in color 01 and like it so much I'm thinking about buying it in color 02. This is a definite MUST BUY if you are looking for an under eye luminizer. UPDATE (10/01/09): I wrote the MUA administration about this product being listed as a concealer instead of a highlighter. They changed the catagory. Thank-you MUA admin! ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ah, I have been using this on and off for 3 years now, the same tube. That doesn't mean it's great - it means that I don't use it that often. This is a weird product - the consistency is thin and blends well, the colour is great, but not enough pigment to conceal - rather it lightens a bit and it does not settle into lines. I don't like how much comes out all at once - HUGE waste of product, and it isn't very hygenic I suppose. I will dab it at the sides of my nose, the corners of my mouth and at the bow point of my top lip for a little lightness, and I think for that, this product is great and light, and for that, I maybe would repurchase (or purchase something cheaper!). I need more coverage under the eye on those days when I have dark circles, and frankly, my Cle du Peau is a winner at concealing for that area. I don't think Skin Flash was meant to really be a concealer anyway but rather a highlighter for the face along shadows. Actually, if it came in a jar, I would keep it in my stash for sure - I just hate that applicator thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

I got this which came free with my moisturizer from Sephora last year. I can't comment much about it since I have dark circle only when I'm tired and lack sleep which is rare. On the days I do use it, it works well to cover my dark circles and is smooth and creamy and doesn't settle into the cakey look. It lasted all day on me. On my spots and blemishes it doesn't work well at all, I feel this is strictly a eye concealer. I didn't buy it at full price but it's pretty expensive for what u get. It doesn't seem like very much product for the price.

Packaging, this is the main point where I wouldn't repurchase, it's unsanitary, the brush is difficult to clean and everytime I want to use it I have to click about 7-10 times before the product rushes out and apply too much in the spot I want. They could've designed it better for the product to come out more easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by varindamichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i love this product... i bought it on impulse when makeup shopping 2 weeks ago and I have to say it works wonderful. It is simliar to benefits erase paste when used under the eyes...sort of as a concealer and highlighter in one. When used above the cheekbones and just under the brow bone, instant lift! Will continue to repurchase.