April 20, 2014 | 1147 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Extra Gentle Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Dauntlless

Wow! I really like this! I'm not the sort of person who spends too much $$$$$$ on their cleansers, and for $12 canadian, on sale for $8 was awesome! I bough the toner too.

A friend told me about this product and she has perfect skin, I tried this, along with the toner and within 2 days I noticed a drastic difference in my skin. My freckles have faded, and redness is reduced!

It removes light makeup very well, but if you heap on foundation, I don't know if it would be right for makeup removal.

My skin thanks me ;)

*note: I used to use clean and clear, a great product line, but I like this better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do like this cleanser. It has the consistancy of a light lotion. It is soap-free and does not lather, yet I would not call this a traditional cream cleanser because it is not as rich feeling. I like that it leaves my skin feeling clean, but not tight and dry. I definately think this is a good product for sensitive, dry and/or mature skin. For reference, I am not acne or clog prone, so I can't speak to whether or not this will work on finicky skin. Love that this is truly fragrance free, and the clean pump packaging is also great. On the down side, I find that that even if I use a wascloth rather than just massaging in with my fingers, i find patches of makeup left of my face after cleansing. Of similar qualities but more efficient is St. Ives Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser ($3.99 at Ulta). It is a bit richer, but removes all my SS and makeup. I use the Neutrogena cleanser on days I don't have much product on, however if you are looking for something gentle that will remove all traces of product, this is not it. Wish I could use it everyday, but on days I am wearing serum, SS and heavy fndt, this doesn't work. I get it for $7.99 on drugstore.com (NA) and I definately suggest it to those looking for a light, non-drying, non-soap cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by jenny4m

The product is gentle and cleans well. My face is not too dry after cleaning my face. I usually use this once every night before applying on my Tiki Rebirth Night Cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Breve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is simply the BEST, affordable, sensitive skin cleanser on the market. I just started using this for the first time, this week, and could feel and see an immediate difference from the first time I used it.

Previously I was a Cetaphil girl, but this lotiony face wash is way better than Cetaphil. Cetaphil liquid has a gross soapy consistency that leaves a slight film on skin after washing skin. This Neutrogena face wash rinses clean but leaves your skin moisturized afterwards and it desensitizes my skin somehow. My skin has been calmer since I've been using it and it feels so soft without any moisturizer.

I also really like that this doesn't leave any greasy residue or shine, nor does it totally mattify your skin and dry it out. It just perfectly soothes it and leaves it balanced and clean. Total HG product for dry sensitive, Rosacea skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really good lotion style cleanser. Perfect for super sensitive skin, this reminds me a lot of Clinique's Liquid Soap Extra Mild but at about half the price. While I love my Clinique, this is an affordable backup product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Kiwistace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best cleanser if you have rosacea!!! Tried everything and this is the only cleanser that doesn't irritate. Recommended to me by my dermatologist 3 years ago and I have never looked back. Need to wipe off with a face cloth to remove make up as it doesn't foam at all. Skin feels soft and beautiful and doesn't dry out my skin because it is so creamy.
Love love love it. Perfect for sensitive skin - beats cetaphil and the likes hands down!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by vasudhapande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The next best thing to Sebamed Cleansing Foam, IMO. It's very mild and I sometimes use it as a tissue-off cleanser. Does a pretty good job of cleaning my face (I don't wear makeup).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by sherry198

I bought this today, and I kinda like it. Although it didn't really clear up my blackheads, but it didn't dry up my skin as other cleansers. I have really oily and dry skin, and my skin got worst during the winter( I had like dull tight, flaky skin and red patches around my lips), however after using this my skin feels really soft and moisturised. I think that layer of 'grease' helps retain the moisture of my skin, which is a good thing for my dry skin. Recommend using this cleanser during the cold dry winter as it really moisturises the skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by OnaClearDay21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product unfortunately did not work well on my skin and caused large cysts around the jaw area. It left a greasy/oily residue on my face. Would not recommend this product to anyone with extremely sensitive skin. Neutrogena has let me down on this product, hoping for a cleanser with less irritants and fragrances in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kareneap

After using this for a few days, I found that my skin was horribly parched, rough and irritated. Because I bought this on the premise that it was "Extra Gentle", it took me a while to realise that this was what was causing this horrible reaction - my skin isn't even that sensitive. Needless to say that I will not be purchasing again!